Degrassi: The Next Generation Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on Much MusicIn Season

Which girl do you want Spinner to be with at the end?

  • Avatar of degrassi_lover

    degrassi_lover

    [21]Jan 17, 2009
    • member since: 10/26/06
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 8,237
    Pirate_Bike2 wrote:
    Nice to see you to DL. Is that Noah/Katherine? It looks like them. If so -5000!

    You got that right! Your Noah/Kathryn radar is amazing . And thank you!!!

    LOL, Depth! That never crossed my mind! That's my #1 option now!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DJO4ever

    DJO4ever

    [22]Jan 18, 2009
    • member since: 06/30/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,346

    iBadBoy wrote:
    First off, I love both Spaige/Sparcy both, and the time of their relationships I thought Spinner truly belonged with them, but after their break-up/reasons WHY they broke up, it's obvious that they weren't meant to be together. Paige never would've ended up with Spinner in the end, I mean he's just like Alex, he's always making mistakes and never had really any future goals in his life after graduation. Paige would eventually grow tired of his immaturity, and dumped him.

    No future goals in life? Alex wanted to be a physical therapist, and Spinner wanted to be in police college. Spinner is maturing, and Alex was maturing before the writers did what they did in LIAB.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of iBadBoy

    iBadBoy

    [23]Jan 18, 2009
    • member since: 06/12/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 572
    DJO4ever wrote:

    iBadBoy wrote:
    First off, I love both Spaige/Sparcy both, and the time of their relationships I thought Spinner truly belonged with them, but after their break-up/reasons WHY they broke up, it's obvious that they weren't meant to be together. Paige never would've ended up with Spinner in the end, I mean he's just like Alex, he's always making mistakes and never had really any future goals in his life after graduation. Paige would eventually grow tired of his immaturity, and dumped him.

    No future goals in life? Alex wanted to be a physical therapist, and Spinner wanted to be in police college. Spinner is maturing, and Alex was maturing before the writers did what they did in LIAB.

    Spinner never knew what he wanted to do with his life after high school, the only reason he chose to go to police college, because on that little test they took saying where they might end up, a policeman was the most reasonable option. In seasons 3-6, he had no idea what he wanted to do. Thats why in "Working for the Weekend" he wanted to open up a t-shirt shop and make a future out of that, and when Jimmy was like maybe this isn't a good idea, Spinner had to keep baggering Jimmy about it, and tried to make him feel guilty by saying "dude, you have a future, but me, I don't." I mean, yeah he's maturing, but it took him like 7 years. With Jane, he acts more responsible, and actually thinks about things before doing them. Now as for Alex, I agree she was maturing alot, but "LIAB" ruined her character, and the whole "Palex" arc.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DJO4ever

    DJO4ever

    [24]Jan 18, 2009
    • member since: 06/30/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,346
    He obviously made some plans during season 7. At the end of Working for the Weekend, Jimmy showed appreciation for him handling the whole robbery. They continued to focus on HIS plans in season 8.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sweetmemi

    sweetmemi

    [25]Jan 18, 2009
    • member since: 09/05/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 6,605
    Sparcy ftw!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of iBadBoy

    iBadBoy

    [26]Jan 18, 2009
    • member since: 06/12/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 572

    DJO4ever wrote:
    He obviously made some plans during season 7. At the end of Working for the Weekend, Jimmy showed appreciation for him handling the whole robbery. They continued to focus on HIS plans in season 8.

    I know, but I'm saying it took him AWHILE to figure it out, and by that time Paige would have been long gone, and Darcy off "finding herself." I think Paige only saw him as a "high school sweetheart." I mean yeah she had feelings for him, still does, just not as a boyfriend anymore. After high school, she pretty much knew they wouldn't be together, which is why she didn't get back with him after they had *** in "High Fidelity." (plus the fact that she was moving away to Banting) ;; then again season 6 when they were "friends w/ benefits" and Spinner told her that he wanted to be more, and she turned him down. If Paige really wanted Spin, she would have him. I doubt she'll pull a "Sean" and rekindle old feelings from the past out of nowhere.

    Now with Darcy, Spinner was like one of her first REAL boyfriends, so she wasn't going to be stuck with him forever, she would've made up some lame excuse for them to break-up, which she did. She eventually was going to break loose and starting dating around more. I mean if you had parents like hers, you would try to get away with as much as you can behind their backs.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DJO4ever

    DJO4ever

    [27]Jan 18, 2009
    • member since: 06/30/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,346
    I'm not disagreeing with you about the couples. I'm just saying you're not correct when you say that Spinner and Alex never had goals. I'm just pointing out that they did/do.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of iBadBoy

    iBadBoy

    [28]Jan 18, 2009
    • member since: 06/12/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 572

    DJO4ever wrote:
    I'm not disagreeing with you about the couples. I'm just saying you're not correct when you say that Spinner and Alex never had goals. I'm just pointing out that they did/do.

    What I said was, they didn't really have any future goals when they were with Paige, and season 5/6. I know they have goals NOW in late season 6, and early season 7, but back then they didn't. Alex told Paige in "High Fidelity," when they broke up ; "I don't know where I'll be in the future, maybe I'll go to college, maybe I'll get a job, but I have to figure it out on my time table." (or something like that) It wasn't until season 6, that she knew what she wanted to do, she went back to Degrassi for that extra semester to get better marks in order to do what she wanted. As for Spinner, his whole focus at first was graduating high school, he could barely even THINk about his future plans..that was his future at the time. But towards season five when Mrs. Hatzilakos let him come back, he started becoming more concerned with his future, and in season 6 THATS when he realized going to police college was what he wanted to do after that test. So I wasn't necessarily incorrect.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of havoc2

    havoc2

    [29]Jan 18, 2009
    • member since: 04/08/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 6,345
    libertaay wrote:

    YESS! THIS THREAD IS AWESOME. Spaige FTW! These two seriously need to end up together. I agree with Havoc, but I'll just add a few more of my own points. I might come off a bit biased given that Spaige is one of my favourite Degrassi ships ever, but then again who isn't? Anyways I really believe Paige is the best girl for Spinner despite the fact I also really love Sparcy & Palex. Lately I've been more about Parcy, but that's another story. All the more reason for Spaige. All of Spinner's ships have been decent, even the short lived Spanny, which I absolutely despised in the beginning, but Paige was always the girl he kept going back to. Darcy was great for him especially in S5 and Jane is pretty good for Spinner now, but neither of them is as understanding. Paige and Spinner have been friends forever and it's safe to say they pretty well know each other inside out inside and out (if you exclude S7, wtf writers!) In the long run this only strengthens their relationship. It certainly doesn't weaken it. Even in IITS when Paige wasn't completely sure about Spinner, she chose to take the high road and trust he was being loyal and honest with her. I thought that was really mature on her part. Darcy and Jane still have some growing up to do, as did Manny when she was dating him. Spinner repeatedly told Darcy he didn't want to be with anyone else and she still had difficulty trusting Spinner and accepting his past, for no reason really, even after he became a virgin again for her. Jane is kind of the same way, but there are times where she acts like she really knows Spinner, but I feel like she hasn't really been around long enough to understand everything about him, if that makes any sense? Probably why I feel they don't always see eye to eye. As far as relationships go, relatively speaking Paige doesn't usually sweat the small stuff. Even in HCYM when Darcy straight up called her a "low grade hoe" for sleeping with Spinner, she just brushed it off as if it was nothing and told her she's over something so high school. What I loved about their relationship was how everything was always out in the open. They didn't keep secrets from each other (for the most part, no couple is perfect), they weren't super angsty or boring, a bit cliché of course, but they were everything a high school/first relationship should be. Lately the Spaige on/off relationship has been kind of one sided. I wish Paige would have just came to her senses and realized she should have chosen Spinner over Jesse. He did say she was the one and also he said he would never dump her which is actually true because he hasn't (Holiday & GITM). Shane and Lauren are also close in RL which only adds to their cuteness. I'm still pulling for them, but if it doesn't work out it's not the end of the world. They'll both find someone great and I doubt either of them could ever forget the other.

    Great post! I agree. I also love the fact that other than the horrendous season 7, Spaige was featured in every season in one way or another. Spaige and Jiberty seem to have had the longest development.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DepthofField25

    DepthofField25

    [30]Jan 18, 2009
    • member since: 10/15/07
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 3,889
    iBadBoy wrote:
    First off, I love both Spaige/Sparcy both, and the time of their relationships I thought Spinner truly belonged with them, but after their break-up/reasons WHY they broke up, it's obvious that they weren't meant to be together. Paige never would've ended up with Spinner in the end, I mean he's just like Alex, he's always making mistakes and never had really any future goals in his life after graduation. Paige would eventually grow tired of his immaturity, and dumped him.


    Agreed (minus the notion of Spinner and Alex not having goals). You bring up a really good point against the Spinner/Paige relationship in that feelings have to be mutual. Just because Spinner pined over Paige in season 6 doesn't mean she'd ever go back to him. Based on the way she treated Spinner in season 6 and her forward-thinking attitude in season 7, I don't think she'd ever want to end up with him in the long run. So as much as Spinner supposedly loves Paige (which I, in fact, disagree with), this ship is kind of shot down knowing Paige is on a different page than her high school boyfriend.

    iBadBoy wrote:
    Her friendship with Spinner in season 7 was necessary, because they were both dealing with very troubling situations, but as for finding romance out of that, I highly doubt it. Darcy was too on edge, and Spin couldn't of been there for her the way she wanted him too.


    I have to disagree here. Spinner is one of the most understanding and nurturing individuals on the show. He may eff up all the time, but when he comes to his senses he really is someone that can comfort others well especially considering he's had a lot of his own drama. Examples: Redemption Song (Darcy), Fight the Power (Jane), and Ghost in the Machine (Paige). So yeah, he could definitely have been there for Darcy during her rape ordeal given he was aware of what she was going through. They could have reformulated their bond right then and there. Pass the Dutchie would have been great for that but unfortunately the writers decided to take them on two different paths with their respective significant others at the time.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DJO4ever

    DJO4ever

    [31]Jan 18, 2009
    • member since: 06/30/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,346
    iBadBoy wrote:

    DJO4ever wrote:
    I'm not disagreeing with you about the couples. I'm just saying you're not correct when you say that Spinner and Alex never had goals. I'm just pointing out that they did/do.

    What I said was, they didn't really have any future goals when they were with Paige, and season 5/6. I know they have goals NOW in late season 6, and early season 7, but back then they didn't. Alex told Paige in "High Fidelity," when they broke up ; "I don't know where I'll be in the future, maybe I'll go to college, maybe I'll get a job, but I have to figure it out on my time table." (or something like that) It wasn't until season 6, that she knew what she wanted to do, she went back to Degrassi for that extra semester to get better marks in order to do what she wanted. As for Spinner, his whole focus at first was graduating high school, he could barely even THINk about his future plans..that was his future at the time. But towards season five when Mrs. Hatzilakos let him come back, he started becoming more concerned with his future, and in season 6 THATS when he realized going to police college was what he wanted to do after that test. So I wasn't necessarily incorrect.

    You used "never" in one of your posts, the post on this page. I'm saying that is incorrect.

    Oh, and I agree with DOF on Sparcy. I still chose Jane, though, because of how the writers handled Sparcy's season six reunion. Just really bad.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of iBadBoy

    iBadBoy

    [32]Jan 18, 2009
    • member since: 06/12/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 572

    DepthofField25 wrote:
    iBadBoy wrote:
    First off, I love both Spaige/Sparcy both, and the time of their relationships I thought Spinner truly belonged with them, but after their break-up/reasons WHY they broke up, it's obvious that they weren't meant to be together. Paige never would've ended up with Spinner in the end, I mean he's just like Alex, he's always making mistakes and never had really any future goals in his life after graduation. Paige would eventually grow tired of his immaturity, and dumped him.


    Agreed (minus the notion of Spinner and Alex not having goals). You bring up a really good point against the Spinner/Paige relationship in that feelings have to be mutual. Just because Spinner pined over Paige in season 6 doesn't mean she'd ever go back to him. Based on the way she treated Spinner in season 6 and her forward-thinking attitude in season 7, I don't think she'd ever want to end up with him in the long run. So as much as Spinner supposedly loves Paige (which I, in fact, disagree with), this ship is kind of shot down knowing Paige is on a different page than her high school boyfriend.

    iBadBoy wrote:
    Her friendship with Spinner in season 7 was necessary, because they were both dealing with very troubling situations, but as for finding romance out of that, I highly doubt it. Darcy was too on edge, and Spin couldn't of been there for her the way she wanted him too.


    I have to disagree here. Spinner is one of the most understanding and nurturing individuals on the show. He may eff up all the time, but when he comes to his senses he really is someone that can comfort others well especially considering he's had a lot of his own drama. Examples: Redemption Song (Darcy), Fight the Power (Jane), and Ghost in the Machine (Paige). So yeah, he could definitely have been there for Darcy during her rape ordeal given he was aware of what she was going through. They could have reformulated their bond right then and there. Pass the Dutchie would have been great for that but unfortunately the writers decided to take them on two different paths with their respective significant others at the time.

    Yes, Spinner could have been there for her if he wasn't going through issues of his own, but I'm speaking of the long-run of Darcy/Spinner, she would eventually leave him, because she wanted "something more." (which she doesn't even know what that is) It's basically an excuse to why she wants to get out and explore other options and date different guys. The thing about Spinner messing up doesn't really apply for Darcy, but if he pulled one of those stunts like he did with Jane, when he wanted to play with Studz instead of studying for his exam, I don't think she'd take that situation lightly either. I just think that if it was THAT easy for them to break-up and Darcy not want to get back with him, and make such a lame excuse; I don't think she really wanted to be with him anymore. I mean her character could be thrown lots of choices, and in my eyes I think Peter stands a better chance of being with her in the end than Spinner.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of havoc2

    havoc2

    [33]Jan 19, 2009
    • member since: 04/08/06
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 6,345
    Paige seems to keep going back to Spinner based on comfort, While i do agree that in season 5/6 Spinner was more into Paige than vice-versa, Paige seems to be pretty comfortable with Spinner so i think her developing real feelings for Spinner could definently happen if she decided to give him a chance. They were great together before all that Dean stuff, and i think they could go easily go back to that great couple they were were if writters chose to take that direction with Paige.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of iBadBoy

    iBadBoy

    [34]Jan 19, 2009
    • member since: 06/12/08
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 572
    DJO4ever wrote:
    iBadBoy wrote:

    DJO4ever wrote:
    I'm not disagreeing with you about the couples. I'm just saying you're not correct when you say that Spinner and Alex never had goals. I'm just pointing out that they did/do.

    What I said was, they didn't really have any future goals when they were with Paige, and season 5/6. I know they have goals NOW in late season 6, and early season 7, but back then they didn't. Alex told Paige in "High Fidelity," when they broke up ; "I don't know where I'll be in the future, maybe I'll go to college, maybe I'll get a job, but I have to figure it out on my time table." (or something like that) It wasn't until season 6, that she knew what she wanted to do, she went back to Degrassi for that extra semester to get better marks in order to do what she wanted. As for Spinner, his whole focus at first was graduating high school, he could barely even THINk about his future plans..that was his future at the time. But towards season five when Mrs. Hatzilakos let him come back, he started becoming more concerned with his future, and in season 6 THATS when he realized going to police college was what he wanted to do after that test. So I wasn't necessarily incorrect.

    You used "never" in one of your posts, the post on this page. I'm saying that is incorrect.

    Oh, and I agree with DOF on Sparcy. I still chose Jane, though, because of how the writers handled Sparcy's season six reunion. Just really bad.

    Well at that time he didn't have any plans for his future. Maybe I should of said "never really" in that paragraph up above, but you pretty much understood where I was coming from by reading the rest of the paragraph. I also wrote that paragraph right there which cleared up what I meant by saying he "didn't really" have any future goals during that time period. But I get what you're saying though, so it's all good.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of libertaay

    libertaay

    [35]Jan 19, 2009
    • member since: 06/12/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,068

    havoc2 wrote:

    I also love the fact that other than the horrendous season 7, Spaige was featured in every season in one way or another. Spaige and Jiberty seem to have had the longest development.

    Seriously! I love it. After S6 ended everything was shot to hell. No Jiberty (for obvious reasons), no Spaige and very little Semma. No way in f*ck were S6 & S7 the same school year.

    Kudos to whoever made this:

    Edited on 01/19/2009 6:01pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sweetmemi

    sweetmemi

    [37]Jan 24, 2009
    • member since: 09/05/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 6,605
    those banners are real good.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sethsummer4evx3

    sethsummer4evx3

    [38]Feb 22, 2009
    • member since: 12/22/06
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 631
    I want him to be with Paige. I don't really like Darcy or Jane.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of atbg4evs

    atbg4evs

    [39]Feb 22, 2009
    • member since: 02/14/08
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 645

    Well, it's pretty much impossible for him to be with either Paige or Darcy again. A pity, because I like Spaige and Sparcy. Spane is tolerable, but I don't feel like she's as understanding as Paige and Darcy could be.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of OhioChic

    OhioChic

    [40]Feb 22, 2009
    • member since: 11/07/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 2,320
    atbg4evs wrote:

    Well, it's pretty much impossible for him to be with either Paige or Darcy again. A pity, because I like Spaige and Sparcy. Spane is tolerable, but I don't feel like she's as understanding as Paige and Darcy could be.


    Agreed. LTT and LIL were the biggest examples of how mis-understanding she is, hell in LTT he even ditches her to hang out with Darcy because of it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.