In this topic, just express some opinions you feel are different from the norm in the fandom.
Here's some of mine, i'll explain more if asked...
- JT is the most overrated Degrassi character of all time. he didnt even become that interesting until Season 5. from Seasons 1-3 he was an annoying comic relief character, Season 4 he was a tool. people just get nostalgic over him because he was killed off.
- Speaking of JT's death, Rock This Town is the most overrated Degrassi episode of all time. the first 15 minutes was complete filler. if you take away JT's surprise death, its a pretty mediocre episode.
- All Falls Down is probably one of the most underrated eps, or will end up being it because of being so overhyped. I honestly believe it was a better overall episode than Time Stands Still. Don't get me wrong, TSS was really good, but people keep forgetting the boring, pointless B plot. AFD was just more entertaining, and edge of your seat. If you take away all the hype and promos and OMGWHODIES, its a pretty good, entertaining, stylistic episode.
- Riley and Zane are more entertaining and likable than Marco and Dylan ever were.
- Wesley >>> Toby
- I really never got the Liberty obsession this board used to have back when the vets still came here. I found her annoying most of the time. she got kinda cute in Seasons 5-8 though. But if you look closely, most of her character was built around being in love with JT, even after he died.
- Emma was actually somewhat bearable as a character in Seasons 1 and 2.after that she just went to hell though
- Take On Me wasn't that bad an episode, if you know it's one big Breakfast Club homage.
- I really dont see how people say that the Candy Bandits >>> The Bully Trio. People keep claiming that Jay and Alex were such great, three-dimensional characters, but they really werent until Season 5. Jay was pure evil and borderline sociopath, and Alex was a ***** until they randomly turned her lesbian.
I mean sure, Owen, Fitz and Bianca are one dimensional as hell so far, but its their first season as main characters, and they actually DO menacing and illegal things, whereas with the Candy Bandits it was pretty much just alluded to. the worst thing that the CB did was incite the shooting and steal stuff, but with the BT, theyve gotten drunk, beaten people up, sold drugs, attempted stabbing/rape, and basically changed the entire landscape of Degrassi.
- Janes character derailment in s9 is nothing compared to S10 Clares.
- Sav's had some of the best/most natural character development of the new set. he went from that annoying kid in Studz that is obsessed over his girlfriend, to a genuinely likable character.
ill probably come up with more later. I was going to say "Clare and Eli are a terrible, overrated couple" but Umbrella Part 2 made me like them again. But I'm really starting to dislike how they're overpushing them lately like they did Declan/Holly J last season.