Degrassi: The Next Generation Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on Much MusicIn Season

Your Unpopular Degrassi Opinions.

basenji529

[21]Nov 29, 2010
    • level: 15

Yeah, but it is true. On the-n.com, it's all "Shawnis so hawt!"

As for bad acting, much of the bad acting ruined the shooting storyline. ("Stop!") Mostly the narm's part of the charm.

EDIT: "Shawn" was supposed to link to "Spell My Name With An S".

Edited on 11/29/2010 7:28am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DarthPuppy

[22]Nov 30, 2010
    • level: 3

I like All Falls Down better then Rock This Town.

Actually, JT and Liberty were both kind of annoying. They had their moments but meh. I do agree that their pregnancy should have been given more focus

I liked season 8.

I liked Spinner and Emma's wedding.

Emma didn't get that bad til season 5.

I liked the Jane/Holly J friendship.

Alli was entertaining. Until the Boiling Point anyway. Then she was annoying. But she was my favorite of the new cast til then.

Also, I really disliked Fiona and Declan until the Boiling point. Actually I still dislike Declan. He does nothing interesting. Fiona had little screen time until now. She is easily my favorite character.

DarthPuppy

[23]Nov 30, 2010
    Another thing:

I know most people here don't like Semma but I'll say it anyway.

They always sucked. Even before Sean became a robot in season 6. They didn't work together. It wasn't belivable on screen. Then having Sean come back and...well....season 6. Having Sean come back for Ellie would have been awesome. But nooooo.

vgplaya89

[24]Nov 30, 2010
    DarthPuppy wrote:

Actually, JT and Liberty were both kind of annoying. They had their moments but meh. I do agree that their pregnancy should have been given more focus

I liked season 8.

Alli was entertaining. Until the Boiling Point anyway. Then she was annoying. But she was my favorite of the new cast til then.

Also, I really disliked Fiona and Declan until the Boiling point. Actually I still dislike Declan. He does nothing interesting. Fiona had little screen time until now. She is easily my favorite character.

I agree with all of those besides disliking Fiona and Declan, and the Emma thing. Emma got horrible after the shooting in Season 4 imo. she was already falling off during Season 3, but that was the event horizon.

Canogaparkcindy

[25]Nov 30, 2010
    • level: 49

Bianca is just about the worst of the new cast. (She looks like she shops at Goodwill)

The Boiling Point was disappointing, as was the finale.

I like all college scenes. I wish we saw Peter, Jane, and others in college for subplots.

Emma is tolerable until S6.

Semma in S6 - Horrible

Clare/Eli - OVERRATED. I have no idea why everyone loves this couple so much. They are definitely not the best DTNG couple.

Darcy was actually a really mean person in Eyes Without A Face, and for the most part she was a hypocrite when it came to her beliefs, but she still is one of my favorite DTNG characters.

Seasons 8/9 have had a few standout episodes but for the most part, it was weak.

Anya is underrated and underused.

Our Lips Are Sealed will remain one of my favorite episodes of Degrassi.

I like Mean Holly J way better than the New Nice Holly J.

Mia is just... just downright awful.

S7 Graduation could have been better.

I hate Danny & Derek. (I hate Got My Mind Set On You of S7)

Spemma is just about the most impossible relationship. Emma is the biggest control freak and it destroyed her relationship with Kelly. A breakup t that Spinner was somewhat responsible for. Who was eating meat and drinking wine with Kelly? No interactions between them only for like that one time with her nutrition project, and Spinner for the most part was Emma's bully in middle school.

DarthPuppy

[26]Nov 30, 2010

vgplaya89 wrote:
    DarthPuppy wrote:

I liked season 8.

I agree with all of those besides disliking Fiona and Declan, and the Emma thing. Emma got horrible after the shooting in Season 4 imo. she was already falling off during Season 3, but that was the event horizon.

Sure, she started falling off the wagon during Season 3/4 but I think Season 5 is when it got bad.

basenji529

[27]Dec 1, 2010

vgplaya89 wrote:

I thought of season 3 asthe event horizon, with her stalking Sean. I mean, if Jay confesses to stealing a laptop, tell Raditch; it's hearsay, but that's all you can do.

sizz_leteen

[28]Dec 2, 2010
    • level: 16
    I don't like Bianca, either. She doesn't play the bad girl nearly as well as Alex, and she looks too cute. I feel as though the writers had a bad girl checklist in conceiving her character. Oral sex, check. Hoop earrings, check. Leather jacket, check. Drinks, check. Smokes, check. She's such a cliche. Alex was never that over the top. She didn't need to be.

vgplaya89

[29]Dec 2, 2010
    I'd consider "I hate Bianca" a popular opinion, since it seems like only me and Rah are the only people i've ever seen that like her. lol

basenji529

[30]Dec 2, 2010

In-universe, I think all the guys she's blown like her. Probably all the straight guys like her, then.

GiantStuffedDog

[31]Dec 4, 2010
    • level: 4

-Eclare = Overrated, and by now they have gotten downright annoying. I do not care about any storyline's they have in the future.

-J.T. was not that great of a character, I do agree that many people only see him as "the best character" because he died. I mean honestly I've seen some people say they stopped watching the show after J.T. died, like, seriously?

-I don't hate Emma.

-Season 3 wasn't the best season ever, it is actually kind of forgettable to me for some reason. I mean yes, it is a good season, but I do not believe it's the greatest season ever.

-I have grown to like both casts equally and I do not try and compare them to each other. That is pointless to me.

thec0mebackman

[32]Dec 10, 2010
    with all this Eclare talk, I'm a little scared to watch the second part of season 10 now. lol

i never understood all the Sean/Emma hate? i also don't get how Sean became a "robot" in season 6. someone care to elaborate for me? also, i'm confused as to why some people thought it was OOC or surprising that Sean & Emma hooked up again in season 6. or that Sean completely forgot about Ellie. in Back in Black (season 4) right when Jay is driving away, Sean is clearly looking at Emma & Emma is obviously giving Sean the "i will always & still do love you" look. so what was so shocking about them being together in season 6? i so expected them to get back together again.

ok anyways-
    i loved the Paige/Ellie/Marco college storylines.
    i will forever have a crush on Manny Darcy & Emma LOL.

i'll put more later when finals are done...... EEEK

vgplaya89

[33]Dec 10, 2010
    Because Sean had a more mature and stable relationship with Ellie, to the point of living with her. then when he comes back in season 6, His only purpose is being Emma's lapdog. He had no other purpose or motivation. That's why S6 Sean is known as "Robo Sean." Must....love...Emma

and lol Comeback, get ready for an Eclare overload. EVERY episode so far in the second half besides Dont Let Me Get Me (and even then Clare's in those and Eli is mentioned) has had them in some shape or form, even when the plot has nothing to do with them.

XiaolinPrincess

[34]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 21
    The creators of Degrassi need to come up with their own episode titles instead of taking episode names from song titles.

vgplaya89

[35]Dec 10, 2010
    XiaolinPrincess wrote:
    The creators of Degrassi need to come up with their own episode titles instead of taking episode names from song titles.

After Broken PROMises and "The Heat Is On", I'd rather they not.

Also, Degrassi Takes Manhattan was a reference to Friday the 13th. the creators are such nerds, i love it.

vgplaya89

[36]Dec 10, 2010
    XiaolinPrincess wrote:

After Broken PROMises and "The Heat Is On", I'd rather they not.

Also, Degrassi Takes Manhattan was a reference to Friday the 13th. the creators are such nerds, i love it.

basenji529

[37]Dec 11, 2010

thec0mebackman wrote:
    i never understood all the Sean/Emma hate? i also don't get how Sean became a "robot" in season 6. someone care to elaborate for me? also, i'm confused as to why some people thought it was OOC or surprising that Sean & Emma hooked up again in season 6. or that Sean completely forgot about Ellie. in Back in Black (season 4) right when Jay is driving away, Sean is clearly looking at Emma & Emma is obviously giving Sean the "i will always & still do love you" look. so what was so shocking about them being together in season 6? i so expected them to get back together again.

Actually, it's simple:

Sean in season 1: Emma's boyfriend, Jimmy's rival, Toby and JT's friend (Dare I call them "San baka!" in an Evangelion reference?), helps Ashley cheat on Jimmy
    Sean in season 2: Like before, but Craig's best friend, and somewhat awkward with Ashley (My first OT3!). Oh, and sexually harassed by Marco.
    Sean in season 3: Emma's enemy, Toby and JT's secret friend, Ellie's boyfriend, playing the triple role of Evil Genius, Co Dragons (with Alex), and Sixth Column in the Candy Bandits
    Sean in season 4: Like season 3, but Rick's defender and ultimately his killer. Also, still somewhat friends with Craig.
    Sean in season 6: Emma's boyfriend and little else. Doesn't even acknowledge Craig's existence. Or Ellie's. Manny thinks he's hot, though. Oh, he does still seem to be JT's friend, somewhat.

Also note that the Peter/Sean rivalry was over Emma, whereas Ashley only cheated on Jimmy after the Jimmy/Sean rivalry came to a head.

Also note that Ashley never called her best friend a slut and then cheated on her boyfriend!

Also note that Emma got drunk to sleep with Sean, whose parents were alcoholics.

basenji529

[38]Dec 11, 2010

vgplaya89 wrote:
    Because Sean had a more mature and stable relationship with Ellie, to the point of living with her. then when he comes back in season 6, His only purpose is being Emma's lapdog. He had no other purpose or motivation. That's why S6 Sean is known as "Robo Sean." Must....love...Emma

And Seanbot, Seanborg, or my personal favorite, Seandroid.

It started in season 5, though; we all referred to Ellie as LE, who is also now a robot. Damn you, Toby!

FWIW, this is not the only place it happens. Check out what Star Wars fans think of Padmé.

thec0mebackman

[39]Dec 12, 2010
    vgplaya89 wrote:

and lol Comeback, get ready for an Eclare overload. EVERY episode so far in the second half besides Dont Let Me Get Me (and even then Clare's in those and Eli is mentioned) has had them in some shape or form, even when the plot has nothing to do with them.

ohhhh, I totally get it now. thanks! haha about the Eclare thing. is it really that bad? it seems a little too much. man I feel so behind, ugh I hate college right now. is Alli back by the way??

basenji529 wrote:

thec0mebackman wrote:

Actually, it's simple:

Sean in season 1: Emma's boyfriend, Jimmy's rival, Toby and JT's friend (Dare I call them "San baka!" in an Evangelion reference?), helps Ashley cheat on Jimmy
    Sean in season 2: Like before, but Craig's best friend, and somewhat awkward with Ashley (My first OT3!). Oh, and sexually harassed by Marco.
    Sean in season 3: Emma's enemy, Toby and JT's secret friend, Ellie's boyfriend, playing the triple role of Evil Genius, Co Dragons (with Alex), and Sixth Column in the Candy Bandits
    Sean in season 4: Like season 3, but Rick's defender and ultimately his killer. Also, still somewhat friends with Craig.
    Sean in season 6: Emma's boyfriend and little else. Doesn't even acknowledge Craig's existence. Or Ellie's. Manny thinks he's hot, though. Oh, he does still seem to be JT's friend, somewhat.

Also note that the Peter/Sean rivalry was over Emma, whereas Ashley only cheated on Jimmy after the Jimmy/Sean rivalry came to a head.

Also note that Ashley never called her best friend a slut and then cheated on her boyfriend!

Also note that Emma got drunk to sleep with Sean, whose parents were alcoholics.

LOL, thanks for that clarification. too funny

vgplaya89

[40]Dec 13, 2010
    thec0mebackman wrote:
    vgplaya89 wrote:

ohhhh, I totally get it now. thanks! haha about the Eclare thing. is it really that bad? it seems a little too much. man I feel so behind, ugh I hate college right now. is Alli back by the way??

basenji529 wrote:

thec0mebackman wrote:

Actually, it's simple:

LOL, thanks for that clarification. too funny

Yes it's that bad lol. And Alli's coming back when episodes start up in Febuary.