Degrassi: The Next Generation Forums

Daily 9:00 PM on Much MusicIn Season

Your Unpopular Degrassi Opinions.

csinytvaddict

[41]Dec 13, 2010
    • level: 7
    I hate all the new cast. the show sucked majorly after season 7.

The end.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

teenj12

[42]Dec 13, 2010
    • level: 26
    csinytvaddict wrote:

The end.

vgplaya89

[43]Dec 13, 2010
    • level: 15
    csinytvaddict wrote:

The end.

I'd say season 7 sucked and was the worst season in Degrassi history in this topic, but thats a popular opinion.

csinytvaddict

[44]Dec 13, 2010
    vgplaya89 wrote:
    csinytvaddict wrote:

The end.

I'd say season 7 sucked and was the worst season in Degrassi history in this topic, but thats a popular opinion.

I tend to agree but at least season 7 still had a majority of the older characters.

basenji529

[45]Dec 14, 2010

thec0mebackman wrote:
    LOL, thanks for that clarification. too funny

Oh, and the worst part: Emma gave Jay a blowjob. Jay was responsible for something involving paint and feathers. Which of these would you say is more ire-worthy?

vgplaya89

[46]Dec 14, 2010
    csinytvaddict wrote:
    vgplaya89 wrote:
    csinytvaddict wrote:

The end.

I tend to agree but at least season 7 still had a majority of the older characters.

That dosent make it any better or worse.

the 2nd half of Season 4 sucked for the most part.

csinytvaddict

[47]Dec 14, 2010
    vgplaya89 wrote:
    csinytvaddict wrote:
    vgplaya89 wrote:
    csinytvaddict wrote:

The end.

That dosent make it any better or worse.

the 2nd half of Season 4 sucked for the most part.

I started watching when I was in 6th grade so around 12 years old so I matured with the cast but when they ditched the old cast, that ruined it and it became childish to me. I hated Ellie's college storyline with Jessie, but I loved Paige's Free Fallin' saga and Liberty's college storyline. I liked Alex's stripper storyline too. I wasn't a fan of Palex but her storyline was just so dark. I loved it. I miss when the episodes were mature and dark. Season 6 plus Spinner and Darcy season 7 were the peak dark times. After Darcy and Spinner's plots ended, I didn't care for the show anymore.

Dandy_Warhols

[48]Dec 15, 2010

looks like fun, i think ill just chime in -

- rock this town i hah heard so much hype about, watching it was a disapoointment and the aftermath was sad except for mia being annoying and toby with his annoying crush on liberty.

- i really do think johnny and alli were one of the best couples on degrassi. ever

- i used tocherish ellie, untill she turned into another mainstream girl with "boy" problems in seasons five onwards.

- at first i thought Eli was really overrated but people are right. he's jsut way to cute

- sav used to be the annoying loser with the terrible haircut but now he's nice and sweet and sincere and i really like it

- anya is really gorgeous this season compared to other seasons, i dont know what it is

- fitz was AWESOME.

- season eight credit vocals will always be the best for me.

- "Jalli" got me through seasons eight and nine of degrassi, which were terrible thanks to yucky mia.

firefairyangel

[49]Sep 6, 2012
    • level: 12
    I have no idea whether this opinion is popular or not, since I've only recently been watching the show starting from season 1 (just finished 9). But I really could not stand the Spinner/Emma plot in Degrassi Takes Manhattan. Their relationship was entirely out of nowhere, and I felt that it was poorly written. It made no sense to me whatsoever that they were suddenly so in love that they wanted to spend the rest of their lives together. I can barely remember them even really interacting as friends throughout the seasons. It seemed entirely random to me that they would decide to stick with their drunken marriage, and even more weird that everyone else accepted it so easily.

vgplaya89

[50]Sep 8, 2012
    firefairyangel wrote:
    I have no idea whether this opinion is popular or not, since I've only recently been watching the show starting from season 1 (just finished 9). But I really could not stand the Spinner/Emma plot in Degrassi Takes Manhattan. Their relationship was entirely out of nowhere, and I felt that it was poorly written. It made no sense to me whatsoever that they were suddenly so in love that they wanted to spend the rest of their lives together. I can barely remember them even really interacting as friends throughout the seasons. It seemed entirely random to me that they would decide to stick with their drunken marriage, and even more weird that everyone else accepted it so easily.

that one is pretty popular. lol. but yeah it was really contrived, and unrealistic, and a rushed excuse to get them both off the show.

baller12xx

[51]Sep 9, 2012
    • level: 13
    season 7 was not the worst season BY A LONG SHOT. season 6 was....season 7 was one of the better seasons.rape,cancer,molestation,aids...how can this be the wrost season? some of the episodes werent great "ladies night" and "got my mind set on you" were the only really bad episodes of that season. and i liked the b-plot in in "got my mind set on you" people hated "jessies girl" but i really liked it.

vgplaya89

[52]Sep 15, 2012
    Got My Mind Set On You was the worst episode of DTNG imo. both plots were awful. I feel that Season 7 started off really strong (Darcy and Spinner storylines) , but then around Bust A Move it just went way downhill. and the finale was a boatload of wasted potential, considering how long we waited for Emma's class to graduate. It could have been an emotional episode, but it turned into a crappy Emma/Liberty/Damien love triangle, with about 4 minutes of graduation.

also the way Palex ended was horrible. and the AIDS storyline was just dropped and never followed up on.

vgplaya89

[53]Sep 15, 2012
    Also, for more unpopular opinions: Season 12 Edition!

- Eli pushing Becky off the play was kind of a d*** move.
    - Dallas is one of the most three-dimensional characters the show's had in a long time
    - Clare's character just keeps getting worse and worse as time goes on
    - I'm sad that KC is gone, but at least they finished up his character arc. now there's no way he can randomly be ruined or made completely useless in Season 12.5 or 13.
    - the writers have no idea what to do with Jake anymore.
    - We need more Owen scenes.
    - Tristan is kind of annoying
    - Fimogen feels really forced.
    - I understand that the writers feel the need for characters to take the moral high road sometimes, but I wish they'd stop pulling punches in certain plots.

teenj12

[54]Sep 16, 2012

vgplaya89 wrote:
    Also, for more unpopular opinions: Season 12 Edition! - Eli pushing Becky off the play was kind of a d*** move. - Dallas is one of the most three-dimensional characters the show's had in a long time - Clare's character just keeps getting worse and worse as time goes on - I'm sad that KC is gone, but at least they finished up his character arc. now there's no way he can randomly be ruined or made completely useless in Season 12.5 or 13. - the writers have no idea what to do with Jake anymore. - We need more Owen scenes. - Tristan is kind of annoying - Fimogen feels really forced. - I understand that the writers feel the need for characters to take the moral high road sometimes, but I wish they'd stop pulling punches in certain plots.
    Lmao, all of those opinions really are extremely unpopular xD.

I can see where your coming from with most of them. Looking back, Eli was a bit of a d**k pushing Becky off the play, especially when she was there first. But I kinda thought she deserved it. It also shows that Eli can switch back to being a conniving, evil, plotting son of a b**** at any time .

Edited on 09/16/2012 11:53am

ktfahel

[55]Sep 16, 2012
    • level: 16

vgplaya89 wrote:

- Dallas is one of the most three-dimensional characters the show's had in a long time

- I'm sad that KC is gone, but at least they finished up his character arc. now there's no way he can randomly be ruined or made completely useless in Season 12.5 or 13.

- I understand that the writers feel the need for characters to take the moral high road sometimes, but I wish they'd stop pulling punches in certain plots.

Wow! I actually agree with MOST of these, particularly Eli, Tristan, Fimogen & KC. I disagree with more Owen scenes, Dallas is inconsistant (he seems to be too convenient for wherever an extra character is needed), and "moral high road" is subjective. Oh, and IMO, I neither agree nor disagree about Claire...hard to explain.

brag0031

[56]Sep 17, 2012
    • level: 2

ktfahel wrote:

vgplaya89 wrote:

Wow! I actually agree with MOST of these, particularly Eli, Tristan, Fimogen & KC. I disagree with more Owen scenes, Dallas is inconsistant (he seems to be too convenient for wherever an extra character is needed), and "moral high road" is subjective. Oh, and IMO, I neither agree nor disagree about Claire...hard to explain.

Disagree about Dallas. He seems to be a one dimensional rude jock so far.

I want to see where they're going to take the Jake/Katie relationship.

Agree that Tristan is annoying as hell. First of all, could he BE more stereotypically gay? Second, he has practically no self esteem. He had to pose as Maya online to talk to Cam and it seemed like it took him FOREVER to talk to that stagehand he had a crush on. And the whole "lip virginity" thing was just ridiculous.

teenj12

[57]Sep 17, 2012
    I also agree with the Jake thing. His character IMO seemed to only be a plot device for Clare/Eclare. I mean in S11 he served as a rival to Eli's affections for Clare and in 11.5, he served as a problem in Clare's life that pushes her over the edge (see "Not Ready To Make Nice").

Basically, his only purpose was for Clare's storyline in Season 11 and after they dragged that on so long, they tried to bring him into his own character at last, but its far too late. This is his final season and we are JUST learning stuff about him (he's a tree hugger for example ). It all goes back to Degrassi's poor development with the Senior Graduating Class this year. Marisol, Mo, Jake, Imogen, Owen, and Dallas. All (Except Dallas) have been around for 2 or more seasons and haven't had or are JUST NOW getting development and their background lives shed on. The seasons are more than 40 episodes nowadays, so there's no excuse either.

SqueakyYugi

[58]Sep 21, 2012
    • level: 13

Characters shouldn't get screen time once they've graduated.

It's high time for a huge bombshell, like someone getting killed off.

It bothers me that there's an entire grade with no characters (Grade 10)

Jake's treehugging is borderline OCD. (He beat up a guy for littering ffs.)

"Rich Fi Poor Fi" is not a creative arc, it's been done to death.

Bianca's transformation was way too abrupt - from the resident "rhymes with glut" tohonorsstudent, that just came out of nowhere.

The episode titles have nothing to do with the content of the episodes.

Edited on 09/21/2012 6:55pm

vgplaya89

[59]Sep 22, 2012
    Campbell's a grade 10.

brag0031

[60]Sep 22, 2012
    • level: 2

The episode titles have nothing to do with the content of the episodes.

[/QUOTE] Almost all of the episodes have been named after songs. Episodes from season 1-9 are named after songs from the 1980's, episodes from season 10 to the present are named after songs from the 2000's.