Degrassi: The Next Generation

Jane Says, Part One

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Mar 01, 2009 on MTV - Music Television

7.6

Lets face it Degrassi fans, Degrassi was in a total slump in the eighth and ninth seasons and this episode was perfect example of that. With two story lines that had nothing too do with each other and some pretty ridiculous scenes in it's entirety, it just wasn't a "good" episode.

Jane's story line was good but what I didn't understand was why was Liberty drinking with Spinner, Jay, and Jane of all people? It seemed pretty random to see her at the Dot drinking with them. It was pretty out of character but that was just a minor flaw.

The Leia story line was as uninteresting as it was intolerable. Leia got a pretty "big" story line tonight and she was hardly introduced this season. Darcy didn't get a story line season 5 after being on the show for an entire year. I just felt like they were shoving the Leia character down our throats.

The truth or dare scenes and the party was cringe-worthy and idiotic. Too much setbacks to call this a "good episode" but at least, it was good lead-in to part 2.
  • There's tensiob between Jane and her father when he comes to town. Leia is liar! The Shep returns.

This episode was surprisingly good. I haven't read any spoilers about Jane so I'm not sure what Jane's A-Plot is. I know it has something to do with her dad. I'm guessing he abused her somehow. She did some good acting and I can't wait to watch the next episode. The Shep came back. He seems a little nicer now, I'm just hoping he stays nice, or he does something that gets him fired. I actually liked the B-Plot with Leia. I knew a compulsive liar and they lied about everything. They even lied about stupid stuff. I wonder if Leia's storyline will continue with the lieing. It was cool seeing Jay and Liberty in this episode, but they didn't get a whole lot of screen time.I wish they did. Anyways the episode was pretty good so I give it a 10/10.