Degrassi: The Next Generation

Jesus, Etc., Part One

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Mar 04, 2011 on Much Music

• Fitz is back and wants to talk to Eli and Clare. Sav needs to drummer in order to apply for university. Jenna thinks KC needs to study more about parenting.

"Jesus, Etc." was a pretty good episode. I love the A plot with Fitz coming back. I know Clare was struggling with her religion this season, so interesting how Fitz says he found Jesus. Who knows if he serious about it. He may be just saying that because Juvie was scary and he doesn't want to go back. It was really cute how Fitz apologized to Clare and Eli. Eli was being such an overprotective boyfriend. I wonder if his character will get crazy in the next episode. I love the Alli/Sav plot. Drew is awesome drummer and I'm glad that Sav decided to stab Alli in the back and use Drew as his drummer. It's not as if they were starting a band. Sav just needed a drummer so he could get into the university or college he wanted. I like the twist with Alli catching Sav choosing Drew to be the drummer. The end of the episode was awesome. I love seeing Sav get angry, but I think he was too harsh on Alli. Some of the things he said were true, but he needed to give Alli a little bit of sympathy. I don't think she made his life a living hell. KC and Jenna plot was boring. I'm hoping she has the baby soon. I give this episode a 9/10.

7.9
    Some of the story lines just seemed all too familiar to what's already happened in past episodes. Like the whole Fitz/Clare/Eli thing kept on reminding me of when Rick came back to the school and everyone iced him out except Emma, and now the same thing is happening with Fitz & Clare. I hope they make it different somehow.

I definitely cheered when Sav told Alli off, she really deserved what Sav said to her. She's been so annoying ever since she came on the show in season 8, with her trying to be the "Muslim girl gone bad" and I'm glad finally someone set her straight.

The KC/Jenna thing reminded me of the JT/Liberty thing, just the interactions were quite similar, but nothing really happened with KC/Jenna in the end, KC just agrees to be more supportive, blah blah blah. Solid installment overall.
  • perfect

Eli is teaching Clare how to drive, when she sees Fitz. Fitz wants to talk to them but Eli speeds the car. When Fitz catches Clare alone, he talks to her and says that he has found Jesus, and is sorry about all that happened. He tries to apologize to Eli too, but Eli does not care.

Jenna becomes worried that she and KC are not ready to be parents.

Sav needs a drummer for a demo and auditions many people, and the best one is clearly Drew. He does not plan on letting Alli find out about this, but when she does, Alli and Sav have a huge fight, ending the episode.

Good episode. The only plot I wasn't too keen on was Jenna/KC. The rest was good. The stuff Sav said at the end of the episode to Alli surprised me a lot, I've never seen him act like that before. And the main plot, the one I was most looking forward to, was handled well, I thought, so my final grade for this episode is an A+