Degrassi: The Next Generation

Keep On Loving You

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Jun 07, 2010 on Much Music

6.1
  • Holly J/Declan relationship plot: Good. Chante/Danny/Peter plot: Snore.

So this is is how the season ends before the season 9 movie. Not a great finale I would have to say. I know this doesn't really classify as the season nine finale, the "movie" does, but we still have to wait a while before we see new episodes after this one. And I got to say this episode wasn't very enticing. I always liked Holly J/Declan plots, which is why I still had some respect for this plot from the start. Talk about character development: Holly J loses her virginity to Declan in this episode, only to get her heart broken when Declan doesn't say he loves her. The plot thickens when Declan is forced to move back to New York with Fiona. This was a good flow, since the movie takes place in New York where Holly J will be visiting. I like how this plot wasn't resolved in one episode, Declan & Fiona are moving back to New York as far as this episode is concerned. Which makes it more dramatic, therefore makes it a good plot.

The thing that really annoyed me about this episode was the cringe-worthy B plot. Why can't this show have better side plots!? Why can't both plots be equally good? I never liked the Chantay/Danny relationship, putting Peter in the middle of their unlikable relationship was incredibly annoying. And I was tempted to change the channel when their scenes came on. Great A plot, pretty weak B plot.