Degrassi: The Next Generation

Lose Yourself, Part One

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Aug 10, 2011 on MTV - Music Television

• Jenna returns to Degrassi. Sav and Mo compete in a contest to see whose music score is better for the school play. Clare's paranoid that Eli is trying to sabotage her relationship with Jake.

"Lose Yourself" part 1 is a surprisingly great episode. I thought I wasn't going to like it because it was a Jenna/KC plot, but it really impressed me. In this episode, Jenna comes back to Degrassi. KC's mom decides to babysit Tyson in the mornings as she's only working night shifts. That was so embarrassing when Jenna was leaking breast milk in class. It was so intense how Tyson fell off the change table and Jenna has to bring him to the emergency room. I was shocked when the doctor said that she had to file a report with Child and Family Services. I can't wait to see what happens in the next episode. In this episode, the character Mo is introduced. He's funny and goofy. I like him. It seems that both him and Sav have a crush on Miss Oh. I loved how Mo stole Sav's ipod and blackmails Sav into letting him be co-composer for the play or else he'll share a song Sav wrote about Miss Oh. I always thought Eli was crazy, but now I'm starting to think Clare's crazy too. In this episode, she's paranoid that Eli is trying to sabotage her relationship with Jake. And I think he is as well because he was kind of creepy when he said that Jake will be out of the picture soon enough. Anyways, I give this episode a 9/10.

• perfect

Jenna/KC- it was good to see Jenna finally return to Degrassi. I can't even begin to comprehend how hard and boring it must be to stay home with Tyson. Ty falling near the end and KC being all mad at Jenna really made me mad. Jenna's at home, with the baby, while KC is off with Marisol. And he has the nerve to criticize HER parenting? Yea, right.

Sav/Mo- this was good. Nice introduction to Mo. he's kind of annoying though. all his coughs (cough 'teacher's pet') are annoying and he doesn't seem like a very interesting student, which is a shame because i wanted him to be on the show and it's like 'eh, whatever.' him singing that song Sav wrote for Ms. Oh was funny though.

Eli/Clare/Jake- I hope Eli doesn't try to hurt Jake. that's really all i have to say here.

Great episode. A+