Degrassi: The Next Generation

Message In A Bottle

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Jan 17, 2003 on Family

• Sean and Emma get back together.

"Message in a Bottle" is a good episode. I've come to the realization that Sean is absolutely not one of my favourite characters. I don't really like any of his plots. I just find them to be boring. This episode shows that he uses drinking as a way of dealing with whatever problems he's dealing with. I think he makes too much of a big deal that he's poorer than most people on Degrassi. He acted like a jerk to Emma's parents and they were nothing but nice to him. Now, the part I loved about this episode is when he gets drunk at Jimmy's house and he makes a big scene. And I think some glass breaks and the whole party stops and Sean gets kicked out or something. And even though I don't like Jimmy and Ashley as a couple in season 2, I love how they reconnected in this episode, because I think they could have been good friends. I give this episode a 7/10.
  • Sean and Emma get back together. Emma's mom decides to invite Sean over for dinner everything was going smoothly until Sean misinterprets Emma’s mom when she offers leftovers from the dinner. Sean storms out and heads to jimmy's party, and gets drunk. Cou

This was another great Degassi episode. Emma and Sean have their ups and downs but everything works out okay in the end. Sean is embarrassed and he feels like he doesnt fit in at Emma's house. He feels like Emma's parents feel sorry him. This episoode shows some of the consequenses of getting drunk (sean loses a friend - Jimmy) and it also shows that its okay to call your parents in times of need. Emma called her mother so she would pick her and Sean up from jimmy's because Sean was drunk.
  • I don't think I've ever laughed so hard

I know it's probably wrong to say this, but the acting in this episode was so atrocious. I laughed so hard at how bad they were. I'm sure its not easy to imitate a drunk person, but I just thought it was a really comic performance by Daniel. It probably wasn't supposed to be funny, but how could you not laugh!?