Degrassi: The Next Generation

Mr. Brightside, Part One

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Aug 15, 2011 on Family

• perfect

Drew- this was good. it's nice to see Drew not being paranoid about the gang and just having fun with the guys. It was kind of predictable having Katie tell Simpson about what was going on, or so i thought, but the plot as a whole was nice. I can't wait for tomorrow.

Holly J- her mom... is so many not nice words. i understand how difficult it must be for her, to have2 young kids, and no one to help her, but... i dunno. i wish she would have made more of an effort. her daughter, the one she put up for adoption, needs a kidney to save her life, and her mom can't do it? i can't imagine what that would feel like. Poor HJ.

Dave/Alli- it was nice having alli have Dave come over, but i felt bad for Dave because Alli would not let him be himself. She likes Dave for who he is, not for what he's not. Hopefully this does not affect their relationship too much.

A+ episode.

• Drew's obsession with fighting grows. Alli introduces Dave to her parents. Holly J. is stressing about everything going on her life.

"Mr. Brightside" is a great Degrassi episode. In this episode, Drew has an obsession with fighting. It's almost like he has OCD or something and without fighting he can't survive the day. His interaction with Katie was interesting. He thought she liked her when she only wanted to know about youth and violence in the school. I'm actually glad Mr. Simpson put a lock on the weight room and told Drew, Owen, and Julian that you need to sign up and have supervision to use the weight room. I love the Alli plot. I'm impressed with Alli's parents. They're actually treating her with more respect with allowing her to go out with friends. I love how Alli introduces Dave to her parents. But I didn't like how she wanted him to lie to them so they'd like him. Holly J.'s storyline is so heartbreaking. I mean she has to deal with being adopted, her kidney's failing, and she has to find $20 000 to give Dawn for a kidney transplant. I love how Fiona was willing to give $20 000 to Dawn, so Holly J. could get the transplant. It was awful how they found out that it's illegal to buy a person's organ. I'm so glad that Holly J. called her birth mom selfish because she's a jerk for not even trying to help out Holly J. I give this episode a 8.5/10.