Degrassi: The Next Generation

Neutron Dance

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Oct 26, 2004 on Much Music

7.7
  • Craig wants Ashley to join his band.

"Neutron Dance" is alright Degrassi episode. It's actually kind of boring. By this episode, I'm tired of episodes centred around Degrassi bands. I do love the Degrassi bands and I actually love the songs, but I don't want to watch episodes that only deal with the band. I'd rather hear a song here and there with no drama in the making of the song or just update on their band mentioned here or there. In this episode Craig wants Ashley to join his band and everyone freaks out about it. The only thing I like about this episode is that Craig and Ashley are back together. I do enjoy the subplot with Hazel and Paige going to a bar and basically stalking Mr. O. Anyways I give this episode a 6/10.
  • Downtown Sasquatch is ready to record their single - but Marco and Spinner aren't happy about Ashley's inclusion in the band. Paige, meanwhile, has a crush on the new student teacher, Mr. Oleander.

This episode is far from the most popular of the Degrassi series, however, I found it very entertaining. While the episode wasn't especially dramatic it did serve as a prelude to the monumental "Voices Carry" and began the Paige/Matt storyline which would continue throughout Season 4. This episode however, did include very good dialogue (Spinner, Marco and Craig especially bouncing their lines off one another very well - the relationship of the three, a convincing high school group of friends). The teacher/student relationship meanwhile was an interesting and promising plot-point.

Acting was on top form from everyone with a very realistic feel. Andrea Lewis (Hazel) however stood out as the best actor for me. Her delivery at the bar when discussing their fake ID's with Paige was very amusing and accurate to a reaction from a person in that position. She also managed to showcase a sadder side to her character when discussing boyfriend Jimmy's condition in hospital early on in the episode. This episode also gave us insight into other plot developments such as the Spinner/Manny relationship, the budding Paige and Alex friendship, and Jimmy in the hospital. Overall, while not the most dramatic episodes of Degrassi, I found this episode a thoroughly enjoyable one - which served to set up future storylines. This episode also gains extra points for the hilarious scene where the accordion version of "Dust" is played - which, I have to say , I found more enjoyable than the original guitar version...
  • A good episode

I love Mr. Oleander! I love him and Paige as a couple; I think they are so cute together. It is obvious that she is over Spinner and I think that is great. Plus Matt is not that much older than her and I think its cute that she has a crush on him.
  • Downtown Sasquatch gets a record deal... what could be more amusing?

Neutron Dance is my second favorite episode in all of Degrassi, second only to Rock and Roll High School so as you can see, I'm a big fan of Downtown Sasquatch. This episode is just overall amusing - the highlight of course being when Craig just joins in playing "Dust" with the accordian just to avoid telling Ash she's out of the band. Marco and the accordian is just hilarious as well as Manny on tambourine. Now, I'm not a huge Ash fan but it was just totally her to take control of the whole band - the band she lost the contest to! But it makes for an amusing episode. I love the song "Dust" and I wish they made a real recording of it. Craig Manning is super sexy! Plus, even the B storyline is amusing - Paige and Hazel sneaking into a bar to see Mr. O? Hilarious - especially when they get thrown out. I can't believe no one else enjoys this episode as much as me!
  • Craig and Ashley find themselves in eachothers arms once again after DTS gets a gig and manny and ashley join the band. Meanwhile paige takes on a new love interest--a teacher!

5.2
    This episode was an Ok episode. It was boring actually. But its the prelude to VC so you cant complain much. This episode didnt really have anything to it. Kinda boring and bland. The only interesting thing about this episode was the start of the relationship with paige and matt.

5.2