Degrassi: The Next Generation

Paper Planes, Part Two

Aired Daily 9:00 PM Aug 02, 2011 on Much Music

7.6
  • part 2

Another great episode of Degrassi and probably one of my favorite two-parters of the season. Even though I can't even begin to explain how stupid Anya is being, it makes good TV. And I'm looking forward in seeing the "bad Anya" this season. I did feel as though she overreacted about the interview, but hey, that's what stupid girls do, right?

Finally, the Connor story line reached a conclusion. I pretty much really disliked the story line in it's entirety but it definitely got some substance by the end, also loved the Alli involvement. So this is the second time that Connor has pushed Alli down?

Fiona & Charlie broke up! Yay! No, I'm just kidding, but seriously, I didn't care at all for these two. I liked the mention of Fiona's alcoholism though. Overall, great two-parter.

• Anya's using cocaine. Fiona struggles if she should tell Charlie she's a recovering alcoholic. Police are investigating the unknown male seen in the girls change room.

"Paper Planes" Part 2 is just an excellent Degrassi episode. In this episode, Anya's doing cocaine and she's lying to her friends and family. It's interesting how she used cocaine to get through her interview. It was so sad that she didn't get into to Hassle University. I'm loving Anya this season. She's being such the rebel by having attitude with her mom. It's like she gave up and she doesn't care anymore. It makes perfect sense since she doesn't think she has a future anymore. Fiona's plot was so sad. In this episode, she has to tell Charlie she's an alcoholic. But they take their relationship to the next level, and Fiona thinks she should have told Charlie this before they got a little more serious. It's sad that they broke things off. It's too bad that Charlie's moving out. I am so happy that Connor's storyline is resolved in this episode. I'm so glad Alli notice that the clothes used in his app, are the clothes from the change room. I'm glad she reported Connor to Mr. Simpson. I wonder if we'll see him in the Academic Behavioural Program, or if he'll just come back with more social skills. I give this episode a 9.5/10.
  • perfect

Connor: Him getting caught wasn't surprising at all, but I did like it. Him getting suspended was pretty good, I wonder how soon he'll be back. Did his actor leave for whatever reason and he is taking a long absence, or will he be back next week or sometime soon? Either way I liked his plot, and I honestly hope this isn't the end of it. This plot , this season, is one of my favorite plots of the season and I hope there's more to it. If not, oh well I guess.

Anya: Her doing some coke when the guy she was interviewing with left was pretty interesting. I had no idea she was that desperate to get into a university. And then later on when she discovers she did not get in… pretty sad. And then her disobeying her mom and going to a party… she's going down a pretty dangerous road. I hope she does not OD or something, but at the same time, I think something does need to happen with this plot. Hopefully something does happen that will make up for all this.

Fiona: Charlie bringing in wine worried me. I mean, Fiona had struggled with drinking and alcoholism for a while, and I really am glad they did not resort to her doing it again. I don't entirely see why they had to break up, I mean, surely they could see each other, it's not like Charlie is one who drinks a lot, is she? But I still liked this. It's kinda surprising how fast Charlie had to leave Fiona's, but it's for the best.

Great episode. I loved all three plots a lot. A+