Degrassi: The Next Generation

Redemption Song

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Nov 21, 2005 on Much Music

• Great Episode

Spinner/Darcy: Their almost sex in the woods was hot. I felt bad for Darcy though. Breaking her beliefs. When I first saw the promo for the episode, I thought Spinner was hurting her or something. Jay is kind an a**. He was disrespectful to Spinner, but in his own twisted way, he really meant the best. The fake story he told Darcy was funny! Hazel:In her like first ever episode since season 2, Hazel believes Jimmy is falling for Ellie. I was a little sad for her, but she kinda overreacted,I don't know.

Anyway, great episode of Degrassi. Really good episodes.
  • Darcy invites Spinner to go camping with the friendshup club. Jimmy and Hazel break up.

I really enjoyed watching this episode. Spinner is actually changing a lot into a good person. His friends are still grudging on him and won't talk to him. I am so glad he has Darcy as a girlfriend. I camping trip sounds so much fun. Yoo bad Jay had to come and ruin everything. That's the one reason why Jay is a good character because he's always secretly getting into other people's business. Hazel and Jimmy break up in this episode. I've been waiting until they break up. I really think Jimmy and Ellie make a good couple. The painting that they did was really good too.
  • Possibly one of the best episodes of Season 5.

This episode is so amazing, Like one of the best episodes of Season 5, let alone the series. This episode is so amazing, This was A Darcy/Spinner plot which marks how they first start dating with a main plot, Jay & Darcy are worse enemies, now Spinner has to pick, Jay or Darcy. When Jay crosses the line, true feelings are revealed & Spinner punches Jay in the face! Which was like an amazing moment in Degrassi history, I can't believe Darcy was going to give it up for Spinner, that was amazing of her to do. The subplot was just as good as the triangle with Hazel, Jimmy & Ellie continues, Hazel gets jealous & Hazel dumps Spinner when he paints Ellie in a mural. Which was great cause I hated Hazel. Perfect episode, hands down.
  • Best episode of Season 5.

Out of all the episodes of Season 5, this one is definetly my favorite. It's been a year since the school shooting, and Spinner is still guilty about it. Spinner goes with Darcy on the Friendship Club Camping Trip, and then he gets mad at Darcy. Spinner then invites Jay, who shakes things up a little bit. He lies to Darcy about Spinner, and Darcy and Spinner almost have sex. There's also a love triangle involving Jimmy/Hazel/Ellie, but there 3 uninteresting characters, and I'm not going to write about them.

A great episode. The best of the season. I'm impressed.
  • Road to Redemption

The Road to Redemption is never an easy one to walk though for their are obsticles and crossroads. This episode I though was great because it's about Spinner and the transformation he goes though. So, far he has made some progress which helps deal with his inner deamons which haunt him. He's found religion and of course has found love again with Darcy. But there is one obsticle for Spinner to deal with Jay. Jay, is a character I've always had a dislike toward because he reminds me a little too closely of every bully that picked on me. The thing about bullies that sickens me is they all share a God complex their need to manipulate and control, make people do whatever they want them to at their ammusement. Jay has done a lot of bad things but as the old saying goes "the Devil must always pay his due" and he does when he manipulates Darcy into having sex with Spinner, we know he has finally crossed the line.

The emotion Darcy emmits actually feels real you feel pathos for her forceing herself to go against her moral principles just to keep Spinner. But we know Spinner would never do that to Darcy because the love they share is genuine. And sure somewhere along the line they may consumate but only when it's right. It was just beautiful seeing Spinner beat the crap out of Jay in the end, then pour all of the pain he's been burdened with toward Jay, and does the right thing he's severs their so called friendship. Way to go for Spinner, that act really shows true strength in Spinner and Spinner needs to be with the right people again. And of course we have a good subplot with Jimmy. I'm glad that Jimmy broke up with Hazel. Not that they were a bad couple but there just wasn't enough (or no) chemestery going on with the two. And if there was chemestery between the two it's gone now. Plus from the amount of time both Jimmy and Ellie have spent together I actually wanted Jimmy to get Ellie cause like the amount of mixed color they used on the school mural those two just had the chemestry.
  • Awesome

Well this was by far one of the best episodes this season. Personallly i think what made it great was Mike Lobel. He was great in this episode.... But it kind of annoyed me that they made the Christian people look crazy..i dont know though but they all did a fantastic job on this episode. It was also nice to see Jimmy and Hazel split up. Its about time shes been getting on my nerves.

Well i need about twenty more words so so so so so so so so so so so so so this was a great episode!
  • Great Eppy

Finally-a Degrassi girl who is not only drop-dead gorgeous, but also not slutty and trashy like Paige, Emma, Manny...who are we talking about people? Darcy.

I really enjoyed this episode for many reasons. I like it that Spin has a girlfriend who loves him and cares about his spirituality. I think it's great that Degrassi isn't afraid to tackle issues surrounding Christianity. And the scene Darcy is crying because she is losing her virginity to Spin-priceless. Not all teens are horny beasts who can't wait to have sex.

And Jimmy and Hazel breaking up-YEAH!!!! I don't like Hazel at all. She's way too bosey and whiney. I like how Ellie doesn't get ruffled by Hazel's rudeness. An example of maturity!
  • It has been one year since the shooting.

I love Sparcy. I feel that DArcy is helping SPinner. I really can belive he has changed, or at least is changing. I can not belive what that guy did to Spinner. Jay was such a jerk. I am glad Spinner and Darcy did not have sex. It would have been really funny if one of the Christians walked in on them. I am glad Sinner yelled at Jay. I hope he never comes back. All he does is screw things up, Jimmy, JT, and now Spinner. I am so glad Jimmy and Hazel broke up. They are an auful couple. I love Jellie.
  • Jay puts someone into an uncomfortable position. Jimmy starts to question who he really has feelings for: Hazel or Ellie?

Jay was so funny in this episode. But then he was so mean. He was funny when he was telling one of the Christian girls about his made up accomplishments. But then he was mean when he told Darcy about what Manny was doing to Spinner (also made up). I liked this episode a lot.
  • Spinner and Darcy go to Friendship club retreat. Jimmy and Hazel Break up.

Well,I'll get started with the subplot first.Jimmy gets selected to do a mural for the one year aniversary of the school and such. Hazel plans a trip in the summer down to the United States. While Painting the mural,Jimmy and Ellie start talking about a comic website that she is working for and Hazel feels extremly left out and such. Jimmy paints something like looks exactly like Ellie and basically that marks the end of Jazel.

On to the main plot.
    Spinner decides to go to the friendship club retreat over a party with Jay.While at the retreat,People find out that Spinner had something to do with the shooting and gets really upset. Spinner calls Jay for a ride home.Once Jay comes,basically all hell breaks loose.Jay brings beer and tells Darcy a lie that Manny was starting to get close to Spinner again and asking for sex and such.But Spinner and Darcy have not had sex yet.So then Jay goes on and says that she should have sex with spinner to keep him. Once Darcy takes Spinner into the woods,she starts crying as Spinner starts to kiss her neck. Once Spinner finds out what Jay told Darcy,He ends up beating Jay up real good. Sparcy lives on!

I loved this episode.One of the best this season!
  • Darcy and Spinner go on a religious retreat and Jay comes along and screws everything up. I'm starting to see a pattern here... but it doesn't get old.

This episode was better than I expected it to be. I'm glad Spinner got a plotline all his own, same with Darcy, Shenae did great in this episode. The issues seemed more real (this seasons is starting to get a little far-fetched). I am glad Jimmy and Hazel broke up, Hazel is a pointless loser and Ellie is really cool. I'm glad she's helping him with art.

I thought Jay was hilarious. He is my favorite character. I am surprised The-N is going to use this as it's Season finale, but w.e the-n sucks.

This is definitely an improvement from 'Tell it To My Heart' (OH GOD) and it shows us Degrassi's more gentle side. Darcy crying because she is willing to sacrifice her virginity to make Spinner happy... that is what we need more of on Degrassi.
  • Spinner goes on retreat, Hazel and Jimmy break up.

7.8
    Ok, so this episode shouldn't really be categorized as "nothing happened" but it was the only one on the list that sort of made sense. Anyhow, this episode was a little far-fetched if you ask me. First, they're in Toronto, in the winter. Why are they having a beach party in string bikinis? The whole dialogue of the "Friendship Club" members was awful. I was in a similar type group in high school and never were the members that condescending and "i'm right, your wrong, Jesus loves you, blah blah blah". Also, did anyone else catch how Spinner and Darcy broke up and got back together like 20 times in one episode? And then they were actually throwing around the words "I love you"? Plus, didn't all these people go to school with Jay? Don't they know what happened and he's a big bully trouble-maker? Yet, Darcy trusts him when he says that Manny's trying to get to Spinner and if she doesn't have sex with him now it may be too late. Then she starts stripping in the woods on a spiritual retreat!!!! WTF? I just didn't get it. Oh yeah, and Jimmy and Hazel broke up. Who cares?
  • Altough some of the episode in the seris can be long and tedius ,this one was done of the above. It caught me attenion and seemed real.Like when Darcy was crying because she though she was going to lose her virgenty seemed real also did spinners s

this episode was totally awesome. I was never a fan of the Jimmy/Hazel realashonship so i was so pysed when they Finally broke up. I kind of wanted Ellie and Craig to get together but that seems to be unlikly now that Hazle crushed Jimmy. Its Over Its really over*insert happy dance here*.k jay iz a jacka** but that just stating the obvisouse.The indian guy in friendship club is really really really really really really annoying. I love how Hazle just poured the non ryming orange paint on Jimmy when she noticed that he painted some one who looks alot like ellie. I kno i repeatedly use the wor real her buts true this episode is REAL!
  • I LOVED IT!!!! I think Spinner did a good job with dumping Jay. And Jimmy with telling Hazel that he liked Ellie(in his words"she inspires me"). And you can tell that Spinner really loves Darcy. with out the whole shes alomost letign

I LOVED IT!!!!

And you can tell that Spinner really loves Darcy. with out the whole shes alomost letign him do her.

DEGRASSI ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!!!!!

I ¢¾ Degrassi!!!!!
  • Spinner has to choose between a life with Jay Vs/ what he feels for Darcy and her beliefs. Jimmy and Hazel might hit rock bottom, when Hazel feels moved in on.

6.8
    I really liked this episode, its about time they open up a new subject matter of religion. I love how Spinner stays with Darcy, after everything. They are really good together. Jay with his comical relief, I love it and his "I want to help people" speech. The fight was a good one, because in a way Spinner is not only standing up for himself, but what he hopes to soon belive in, and not many boddies of friends do that. YAY for Spinner Episodes!
    And the Jazel, sort of sad to see it go, I loved those two, but I'm excited for Jellie, and to see where that goes. The paint was a classic.