Degrassi: The Next Generation

Shout, Part One

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Nov 03, 2002 on Family

• Paige and Hazel go to a party.

"Shout" part 1 is an excellent Degrassi episode. It deals with one of the most intense situations that some teenagers can't escape. Paige and Hazel go to a party and Paige goes into a room with a guy named Dean. He rapes her. It's one of the most scariest things to watch on Degrassi. I'm really glad that Paige talked with Hazel about it because even though it's already heartbreaking what happened to her, it would be even more heartbreaking if she told no one, and then she would suffer even more than she did. I give this episode a 10/10.
  • perfect

paige blows off a date with spinner to go to a soccer player's house (Dean). she has a good time, until he wants to have sex with her. she says no repeatedly, but he will not take no for an answer. what will paige do?

good episode about a sensitive topic (rape). it was a pretty serious episode and i think they handled it in a really good way. the sub plot was also good because in a way it was comic relief. nothing to complain about, and so my overall grade for this episode is going to be an A+
  • Paige (part 1)

In this episode, Paige meets a soccer player from Degrassi's rival school named Dean, who invites her and Hazel to a party at his place. She then blows off a date with Spinner to go to the party. When Spinner and Jimmy show up to the party to have something to do that night after the cancelled date, Paige convinces Dean to take her upstairs, But soon, he pulls out a condom and Paige is raped. This episode was really good I thought. They treated the subject with care, and showed how changed she was. Ajnother great episode. 9.5/10 A
  • Paige Meets a local soccer player who is on degrassi's rivals team she lies to spinner telling him her grandmas in the hospital just to go see dean at a party which leads to date rape...

I think this was one of the most real episodes ever because it dealt with a real issue still going on today i liked this episode very much its on of my top 10 degrassi episodes Lauren collins did a terrific job on the acting and crying which brought the episode to life the drama was good the episode was good the acting was good everything was good! Thats why i love this episode!
  • An attractive soccer player, Dean invites Paige and Hazel to a house party. While they're there, Paige gets more than she bargained for. Dean takes things too far and rapes her. Meanwhile, J.T. and Toby find themselves fighting over their shared locker.

This episode was most likely inspired by the first episode. It wasn't very original in my case, as the first ep dealt with it. Emma was almost raped, so it was only customary that they do an episode where some one was raped. I noticed that they definitely didn't plan it very well because of some minor details that were out of place.

For one, they submitted the name of the song before they knew the lyrics. And another thing that was out of place was the fact that Ashley was supposed to sing but apparently Paige was the one to sing. I would've liked it better if they hadn't played it all the time after it premiered. It's just losing it's effect.
  • WOW!!!

UMMM this episode of degrassi was definately one of the best!!
    because in almost evry episode before this everyone had thought of paige being like the kinda slutty (by the way she acted and dreesed) and popular girl. And most of the time i tought that paige was a **** (for like what she did to terri)
    but in this episode she blows off spinner so she can go to a party with an older guy(dean). Well consinquintly Spinner is at the party and paige and dean go upstairs and he rapes her!! but after this i bgan to see and different side of paige and i thought that what happend to her was terrible!! So i think this episode is where paige totally changed!
  • So awesome!

I'll just start off by saying that the Toby and JT storyline was completely unnecessary. They could have focused solely on Paige and Dean and what happens between them and it probably would have been a better episode, although it was already one of the best, if not the best. Paige and Dean are so convincing in their roles and I think that they chose the right character to seduce Paige. I think it's really awful that she blows Spinner off by lying to him, which sets her up to feel guilty for the whole rape thing. I think they dealt with the issue very well and they approached it from all angles. They made it so Paige would feel it was her fault, that she asked for it. Rape victims usually feel like this, so I think it was great that the writers were so honest and the actors were so genuine.