Degrassi: The Next Generation

Shout, Part One

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Nov 03, 2002 on MTV - Music Television

• An attractive soccer player, Dean invites Paige and Hazel to a house party. While they're there, Paige gets more than she bargained for. Dean takes things too far and rapes her. Meanwhile, J.T. and Toby find themselves fighting over their shared locker.

This episode was most likely inspired by the first episode. It wasn't very original in my case, as the first ep dealt with it. Emma was almost raped, so it was only customary that they do an episode where some one was raped. I noticed that they definitely didn't plan it very well because of some minor details that were out of place.

For one, they submitted the name of the song before they knew the lyrics. And another thing that was out of place was the fact that Ashley was supposed to sing but apparently Paige was the one to sing. I would've liked it better if they hadn't played it all the time after it premiered. It's just losing it's effect.