Degrassi: The Next Generation

Tears Are Not Enough, Part One

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Feb 16, 2003 on MTV - Music Television

• Craigs dad returns

"Tears Are Not Enough" Part 1 is a fantastic Degrassi episode. I love how intense this episode gets. Craig's father returns in this episode saying that he's changed and so Craig gives him chance. Everything seems to be going fine when they have dinner together and he helps him study. But then it gets all intense when Craig doesn't want to move back in with him, and so he pushes Craig to the ground. It's so heartbreaking to see Craig bleeding on the ground. The subplot was nice and enjoyable and balances out the intense scenes in this episode. I love how Liberty blackmails JT into going out with her if she's going to be his tutor. I give this episode a 10/10.
  • Craig's Dad (part 1)

In this episode, Craig is struggling to pass his finals when he recieves a suprise visit from his dad, wanting to get involved in his life again, saying he's changed. They then meet up and study/reconcile their relationship. However, Craig's dad wants him and Craig to move back to London (his original home) but Craig doesn't want to, as he's happy with his life. Craig's dad then... hits him again. Wow, yet another sad episode. There's something about Craig that makes him very likeable and sympathetic, and here it works well. Lets hope part 2 lives up to part 1. 10/10 A+
  • Craig\'s dad comes to visit him and school. They meet for dinner. The next day he goes to his dad to help him study. And after Craig aces his final, he and his dad get into an argument and his dad hits him again. Then his dad gets killed in a car accident

This was one of my favorite episodes ever. I wanted to cry because i felt so bad for Craig and everything he had been through. It just seemed like his dad was doing so well and that everything would be okay, but then he hit him and I knew then it was over. And then his dad died, I mean come on, hasn't he gone through enough for one episode!!!