Degrassi: The Next Generation

The Power Of Love

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Apr 05, 2004 on Family

7.8
  • The year-end dance is near and Jimmy wants to make everything perfect for Hazel, but things don't go as planned. Snake helps Sean pass his class, only for Sean to confess to stealing his alienware.

4.8
    It's really sad when the subplot of an episode is better than the main plot. The main plot follows Jimmy, Hazel, Spinner and Paige as they prepare for "Bollywood Nights", and things don't go as well as Jimmy wanted them to. He gets the wrong outfit, he rents a crappy limo, he has to pay for the meals Paige and Spinner skipped out on in "I Want Candy", and they arrive to the dance in a cop car. Boo hoo. Jimmy is one of my favorite characters, but this episode was nothing more than watching Jimmy make faces and whine about how bad the night was going, and he was too busy having a Jimmy pity party to realize that Hazel WAS having a good time regardless of what was happening.

The only saving grace of this episode was that Sean finally confessed to stealing Snake's laptop. I think Snake handled it pretty well; actually better than most people would. I also liked how Snake gave Sean a second chance, taking into consideration everything Sean has gone through.

Overall this episode was a dud compared to the rest of the season. Even the fire scene which was an obvious remake of the Degrassi Junior High episode "Bye Bye Junior High" was lame. The finales for seasons 1 and 2 were great...what happened?