Degrassi: The Next Generation

Total Eclipse Of The Heart

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Mar 06, 2006 on Much Music

• Great episode, with only a few things that made me...slightly irritated.

"Total eclipse of the heart" focused around Marco, ex-boyfriend Dylan, and new boyfriend Tim. I really liked this episode and I really liked Marco with Tim (he's such a cutie), but I felt like they could have done a little more with their relationship (scratch that, a lot more with their relationship). Why'd they have to bring Dylan back? I know he was Marco's first everything, (trust me, I know the emotion that's tied in to your first boyfriend) but Dylan cheated on Marco. I mean, blatantly cheated on him...with some skeezy college boy. So why did Marco dump a potentially great relationship, for slutty, curly haired Dylan? Because he "loves" him, that's why. (whatever)

The second storyline was about Liberty dealing with her baby and the news of the adopted family's decision to move to Seattle. Yet again Liberty gets screwed. Are they afraid to base an episode around Liberty?

In conclusion: the episode was great, Dylan's a ho, Liberty has closure, Marco is stupid, and Tim's so fucking cute it hurts.
  • perfect

marco's old boyfriend, dylan returns to town. Will they end up getting back together, if marco can forgive dylan for what he did? liberty finds out that the people who adopted her baby are moving to Seattle. How will Liberty be able to handle this news? Will it upset her greatly?

Good episode, marco isn't really one of my favorite characters, i was more into the sub plot, like the scene where liberty kicked derek out of the house for the question he asked, and i thought it was handled well, so my grade is an A+, just perfect offering
  • Dylan comes back to town wanting Marco back. Liberty finds out that the people who adopted her baby are moving to Seattle.

This was a good episode. Dylan wants Marcco back. Dylan is a little creepy with sending him emails and showing up at the same places ar Marco. Marco was dating a guy named Tim and now they have broken up. Marco gets back together with Dylan in this episode. I really hope they don't go through what happened again. Liberty finds out that the people who adopted her baby are moving to Seattle. It was weird to see her not write that exam. She is so going to summer school. I can't belive that Liberty would turn to alcohol. That is so not like her. I am really glad that she decided to make a treasure chest and put things that are special to her to give to her baby. I give this episode a 10/10.
  • Dylan returns...

7.8
    This episode was a bit mush, a gay ex-boyfriend returns to pursue Marco's love while he's dating someone else, while Marco realizes he still has feelings for Dylan but doesn't show it throughout the episode. I don't like Marco & Dylan together so I wasn't a big fan of the A plot, also when he broke up with Tim, all the crap he had to go through for him & he just dumped, that's harsh. The subplot I liked way better, Liberty missing her baby, which is normal to do after she gave it away, what I don't get, is why would she get drunk, but I like the end when they were doing the memory box, that was so heart warming, a good episode.
  • Marco introduce Tim to his ex-boyfriend Dylan. Marco and Tim have thier first date and first kiss in this epiosde. Liberty got drunk when her baby going to move to Seattle. Derek did the right thing do stop Liberty to stop drinking. This epiosde was good.

Marco introduce Tim to his ex-boyfriend Dylan. Marco and Tim have thier first date and first kiss in this epiosde. Liberty got drunk when her baby going to move to Seattle. Derek did the right thing do stop Liberty to stop drinking. Tim was really good boyfriend to Marco but Marco still not over Dylan. Dylan was jerk and he cheated on Marco at this epiosde of Moonlight Desire. Dylan got jealous when Marco kiss Tim. Marco did fair to Tim he was using Tim should Dylan will get jealous. Marco shouldn't break up with Tim. Tim is way better than Dylan. At the J.T,Derek, Danny, and Liberty put something in the box to give to a baby should the baby know that everyone love him. This epiosde is kinda of good.
  • "total eclipse of the heart"a true episoide that is golden.I simpley love that episoide.In it Marco has to deal with Dylan while Dating Tim.

In this episoide Marco has moved on(so to speak)with Tim,one of his Acting buddies that he met.Then in comes Dylan."when i first saw this episoide i was How could dylan do that and then want marco back?"It was very Classic and sophisticated for it's time.But all the while it was a trueley wonderful episoide and loved it.Espically since the end was so romantic.
  • I personally loved this episode...

Even though I think some of the scenes could have been played out better, and that somethings could\'ve been changed, overall I loved it.

Even though Marco\'s relationship with Tim did begin and end very quickly I think that it was for the best. Marco needs someone who is independent like him, and doesn\'t follow him around like a lost puppy. I.E. Dylan. Also like Dylan said \"Even idiots grow up.\" Yes Dylan cheated on MArco, even blatantly, but he realized he had made a mistake, and was willing to do anything to fix it. I don\'t think Marco was wrong on taking Dylan back, I just think it should have been a trial bases sort of thing first.

Now with Liberty and the baby, I loved the plot, but as has already beem said, I think the drinking scene could\'ve been a little better. And I liked how J.T. even though it seemed immature gave up his comic book for the memory box. For us that may seem stupid, but think of it, its J.T. Giving up a comic book to him, is like putting a diamond in there for someone else.

Once I again I loved this episode, and can\'t wait for the next season.
  • I really loved this installment!

I loved the connection with all the characters had in this episode. This was really the first time I ever seen Paige, Ellie, Marco and Alex all enjoy each other's time without one or two of them not liking each other. I thought that was totally great! Furthermore, Marco is dealing with Dylan coming back and tries dating Tim to fight back feelings for Dylan. Once Marco realizes Dylan is the one for him, Tim ends up hearbroken. Then Marco gives Dylan the ultimate kiss to prove that he's the one for him again. Liberty also is having a hard time dealing with the pain of giving up her child to adoption. When Derek tells Liberty that he was adopted it really upsets her to the point she beings to drink. When Derek tells her about his experience with adoption, and his real mom making him a treasure box for him, Liberty uses the idea to do the same and letting her son be with great parents.
  • Well, it was better than last week...

After last week, I felt that Degrassi was going down the "after school special" road too much and episode. This episode, although a little bit better than the Emma eating disorder thing, didn't change my mind.

I appreciate that Degrassi shows real issues that all young people can relate to, like Degrassi Old School did but they are a little too streotypical in how they show it. Overall, it is a lot better teen show then other shows like The O.C., One Tree Hill, etc.

I can understand Liberty being upset over not seeing her baby again but the drunk scene was badly acted. I also hated J.T.'s attitude at the end withthe memory box. I think he should have been more sad. But then, he is immature.

I didn't think Marco's relationship with Tim would last because they are young but it infuriates that he got back with Dylan. Dylan never proved that he was a changed person and I am not convinced that Marco won't get hurt again. Regardless of your sexual orientation, you should be with someone who treats you right.

I am looking forward to the final two episodes of the season. Hopefully I will find out what happend to Darcy, Spinner, Jimmy, and Sean. They have better stoylines anyway.
  • Marco and Dylan get back together.

5.8
    I didn't really like this episode. I though the whole scene where Liberty was getting drunk was really stupid. Her acting was so fake. It was a pretty dumb scene, i just didn't feel it. Marco is still confused anout his feelings for Dylan. He goes to a gay club with Tim and tries to make Dylan see that he has moved on but I think he is trying to prove it to himself more than prove it to Dylan. He ends up hurting Tim in the process. Tim feels that Marco used him. I felt pretty bad for Tim. Marco and Dylan get back together and in the mean time, Liberty, Jt, Danny and Derrick make a memory chest for Liberty's baby since the adoptive parents have decided to move to Seattle. We find out in this episode that Derrick was adopted. This was an okay episdode, not my favorite. I hope the season finale is better.
  • Marco comes to self realization when Dillon comes back into his life. He is faced with the conflict of choosing between Dillon and Tim. Liberty is having a hard time when she discovers her baby is being sent to Seattle. She starts to loose concentration i

I thought this episode was good. Yet made me tear because I felt bad for Tim since Marco had to turn him down when he realized he really hasn't moved on because he still loved him despite what he did. Dillon better not hurt Marco again or else I will be very upset. I felt bad for Liberty because it must be really hard for her to give up her child and I thought it was unfair for her parent's not to see why she was acting the way she was. I still think she should have kept the baby.

• Great episode, with only a few things that made me...slightly irritated.

• Dylan is back in town and as the gang is studying for exams. MArco has a new boyfriend but Dylan plays his little magic tricks and marco and Dylan are back together~

great ep one of season 5 finest but it had alot to live up to after our lips are sealed p1&2

Total eclipse of the heart is a song by Bonnie Tyler

we hope for great things now that dylan and marco are back together.\

Also in this ep we see that liberty is effected by the move of her baby and after much deliberation decides to make a memory chest for her baby to rememeber her by
  • Not the best episode I have seen throughout Season 5, but it was OKAY.

I’m really not too crazy about Marco’s plots, especially when it comes to Dylan. I’m just kind of bored of it. So to find out that Marco is back with Dylan, it’s really a let down. The episode all and all was alright, but not great. I wish it would have been… just more.

I enjoyed the Liberty stuff. It was a good closing for her to really realize that what she was doing for the child was the best. I really liked the toy chest idea as well. I thought she was going to kill herself when she started drinking. However, it ended better then I expected.
  • Liberty finally gets closure

I found myself loving the subplot way more than the main plot, but I think that goes for a number of people because Liberty's closure to this season has been long awaited. It was awesome to see how Liberty was affected from giving her baby up for adoption, it was extrememly touching to watch.
  • so dylans back in town and wants Marco back, theres just one little problem and his name is Tim.

So Marco is my fave character so if i say that i loved this episode some may call me biased but don't really care. I loved this episode.

So this is marco's dilima dylan is back in town, he's sorrey. but marco has a boyfriend. So where's the dilima you may ask? he's not quiet over dylan.

The other story line in this episode is about Librety and the child she gave up for adoption. The family that adopted them him is moving... to settaltle(i live in canada so i don't know how to spell it sorry.) So of crose it would not be degrassi if she did not go over the deep end so she blows off her exam thats worth 30% of her final grade. She then follow's that up by getting drunk. She then see's the error of her ways and send her baby a thresure chest like thing with stuff that's important to her.

So marco kind of uses tim to get back at dylan. but it back fires when he tells him this along with the fact that he does like him but he's not over dylan. So They break up and marco and dylan get back together. But before they do dylan gives this long speach about how he's the oppiste of marco and how sorry he is. Then when he's done done marco calls him a jerk then dylans all confussed so to claraffi marco kisses him. I know dylan is a guy and all how could he not pick up on that marco wanted him to kiss him first.

So i only have a couple problem's with this episode and thier names are dylan and tim or more the actors who play them. They were so bad no offense to ethier of them tho just an opion