Degrassi: The Next Generation

Turned Out, Part One

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Oct 31, 2005 on Much Music

• JT and Liberty need money to buy an apartment.

"Turned Out" part 1 is a great Degrassi episode. It's all about Liberty's pregnancy and how J.T's dealing with it. If I remember correctly this is the episode where JT and Liberty tell their parents about the pregnancy. It's actually really cute how they search for apartments. It's very interesting that J.T.'s last resort to getting money is to sell drugs. It was actually very smart for Liberty to break up with J.T. once she learned he was dealing drugs. One thing I loved about this episode was Emma and Derek's date. It was so awkward. I give this episode a 9/10.
  • perfect

JT can't support Liberty and the baby, no matter how hard he wants to. They want to move into their own apartment but rent is too much. Soon Jay Hogart convinces JT to sell drugs. Is JT desperate enough that he will actually do it? Emma is tired of being a third wheel with Manny and Craig, so she goes out with Derek, only to really want to go out with Peter. What will happen here? Will they become a couple?

Great episode, really interesting plot and a good "To Be Continued" episode. Overall my grade is an A+, perfect
  • Emma is sick of being the third wheel...

Well I know my summary didn't over everything but this marks the first episode Emma & Peter go out on a date, which is amazing, I love that couple, anyways I like how Peter is "on probation" anyways I also like how Peter pursues her throughout the episode & she had to go out with Danny & had a lousy time. The main plot was pretty intense & it was a fine example, never get pregnant in high school! Which some of you probably know, and JT steals drugs but IO like how JT & Liberty get closer as they make steps for the baby, but other than that JT is such an idiot for selling drugs, great cliffhanger!
  • JT sells drugs.....

JT sells drugs from the pharmacy he works at to raise enough money for him, Liberty, the baby, and their soon to be new apartment.Jay convincing JT to sell drugs was very wrong and that's what I didn't like. I also did not like that Liberty's dad was so mad. I understand he was mad and shocked, but the way he handled it in the beginning was so wrong. He should have helped her through the process.

The Subplot was mediocre. Emma and Derek going on a date was just weird to me, but better then watching her cry about Sean.
  • well i wasnt as great as i expected it to be. . .

ummm well i expected something big to happen but jt didnt get the drugs until the end of the episode. this wasnt my favorite cuz nothing really happened. but it did have its good point you actually see manny abd craig together in this episode and the funny parts when emma tells derek that she had a lame time with him.