Degrassi: The Next Generation

Voices Carry, Part One

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Nov 02, 2004 on Much Music

• Ashley's dad is getting married.

"Voices Carry" part 1 is a great Degrassi episode. I really enjoy that Degrassi has a gay wedding in an episode. It just shows how much more diverse and how much more accepting we are in Canada. So Ashley and Craig are officially back together. Craig just slowly gets more crazier as the episode goes on. If I remember correctly, Craig proposed to Ashley in this episode and she rejects him. I think at the end of the episode he trashes the hotel room. I love the JT and Liberty subplot where they try to come up with a play for Degrassi. I give this episode a 8/10.
  • Craig and Ashely get romantic and closer in the very good A plot and an okay B plot with JT and Liberty.

Okay. To the other reviewers...are you crazy or were we not talking about the same episode...VC part 1 may not be as good as VC part 2 but it is still damn good. I think its a really good episode that shows the great development in the Degrassi's best couple ever: Craig and Ashely. I loved the scenes in the hotel room and at the gay bar. It showed a lot in the Crash relationship...and I love it. Then the last scene in the episode just spiced things up a lot...it was so damn good and well put together! Well written and cleverly plotted I'd say. The B plot wasn't as good but it was okay...Liberty and JT plan to embarrass Mr.Raditch...I liked it. This episode is on my Top 20 episodes of Degrassi list.
  • SP's Rejoice!

Welcome to Degrassi. You want political correctness? Check. You want diversity? You got it! How about tolerance? Yes, we are oh so tolerant -- unless your viewpoint disagrees with ours.

Welcome to Degrassi, where the teachers are clueless, the authority figures are buffoons, and the students have it goin' on. Yes, welcome to Degrassi, a microcosm of Canada's 21st century mindset that we dont dare tell anyone that something is wrong or sinful, lest we offend someone. If it feels good, do it. If it may lead to your ultimate destruction, well, do it anyway.

Is it any wonder our youth today have no respect for anything and have attention spans measured in milliseconds? {Most of them would look at this, see its more than 2 sentences long, and move on} But its okay, for this is Degrassi, and who are we to tell anyone what may be wrong or right?