Delta State

Sunday 10:00 PM on TELETOON Premiered Sep 01, 2004 In Season

chillybeach28

Delta State Fan Reviews (10)

7.7
  • Rotoscoping! Needless to say... I am... IMPRESSED!

What can I say about this show except that I was simply awed by it? It was fascinating and everything about it just blew me away! It is basically about four friends who are living together struggling to pay rent, deal with unlikely romance and trying to hold jobs... and not just that... but try to protect the human race while also trying to remember their past lives before they ended up in this situation. Confusing? I know... it has many unbelievable elements to it... very unique things including love, trust, betrayal, irony, agony, etc.

This was on Teletoon some time ago and I indeed got very upset when they took it off the air. It was a show I miss very much. I wish they would bring it back.

To get right down to my point, the animation was simply awe inspiring, the voice acting was very well suited (although Philip and Martin do sound rather similar but I can deal with it, their voices still fit) and the music (although somewhat repetative in most instances) was absolutely fantastic! None of it ever got annoying for me.

I cannot say I watched this series in order but since they took it off the air, I feel somewhat angered that I will never have a chance now to sit back and watch it the way it was meant to be viewed. Oh well...

Highly recommended to people of all ages!

- Tinker
  • Not so bad...

5.8
    I watched this show on teletoon for the first time a couple of nights ago, because there was very little to do otherwise. I immediately regretted it, the animation was the worst that I have ever seen, the characters looked like their noses had been cut off, and that one guy with the green and yellow striped shirt... that hurt my eyes, the lines never moved along with the shirt, so it looked like the lines were shifting around constantly. The story made absolutely no sense at all, 4 kids have sleeping problems, so all of a sudden they can travel through space and time, and change peoples lives from "drifters" that possess their bodies. Don't get me wrong, I like fantasy, but this is one hell of a stretch even for me. There is no way this show should ever have been aired.
  • i love the visual dichotomy between the way the characters are drawn,which is almost rough,and the way they move,which is so real in comparison. Delta State is by far my favourite example of rotoscopy to date (though i make no claims to be a connoisseur).

i love this show! i'm ridiculously disappointed that Teletoon has cut it. and presently, there are no specific plans (according to the rep who responded to my questions) to either bring it back or release more than the first 3 episodes that are out now.

why is it that the minute i find something on television that is truly worthwhile, it's immediately cancelled???
    ahhhh... Firefly... sniff! at least i can own that whole show!

for a small ray of sunshine, though, according to someone at Alphanim, a second season is being created as we speak... let's hope it actually gets picked up somewhere in North America!!
  • Best show ever!!!!!

i love this show but it was didn't have every many epsodes. I think they should make more epsodes. Delta State is the best show since Friends to me, maybe they should make it as long as the show Friends. My favourite chacter is Phil. He is so funny. I think this is the best show ever!!!!!
  • 4 young people who don't rembre their pasts and are gifted with extrordinary telipathic powers. there ultimite goal is to distroy all the rifters whom are trying to take over the world by means of mind controll through the delta state.

a very very ausom show!!! i havn't seen all the episodes but last night i watched "mixed up melodies"... defentially a personal favorite and just INSAINELY GREAT!!! it was soooo good! the plot is both intreging and stimulating, it really grabs the attention of people and is very easy to enjoy once you understand the basic consept of it. though the animation quality may be seen as bad at first, it is really interesting to find out that it is actually actors, acting it out then being dubbed over in animation form. the music by kid loco is also very good, i always try to check the music from shows if i really like it because in my opinion the music is what really completes the show.
    a very ausom show and you really have to check it out!!
  • It's real people animated over!!!

Who WOULDN'T want to see this?? It ROX!!! My favorite character is Phil, he's the comic relief, I've always loved the comic relief guy!!! The Luna is second, then Claire, I don't like Martin, but the show is soooooooo coooool, ya gotta watch it!!! I love it! I LOVE it!! I LOVE IT!!!
  • Very cool show

I'm really proud to say that one of the niftiest-looking animated shows is Canadian. Delta State immediately caught my attention with its vivid colours, and unique style of animation. The characters are interesting and very likeable, and the plot lines, although sometimes difficult to follow (at least for me), are really fascinating.
  • Philip, Claire, Martin and Luna try to save humanity from the "rifters" with their unique powers. Their everyday struggles with rent, romance and jobs are just part of their very hectic lives. Along the way they try to piece together the memories and live

Delta State is my all time favourite show, and it has been ever since I saw it for the first time, way back in September 2004. The animation of Delta State is the first thing that caught my eye, it was so different than anything I had ever seen before, so I stuck around and caught every last episode of it, and was never disappointed. Except once when I very much disliked the episode. The characters are hilarious (even though that\'s not the main point of the show) and you really get attatched to them. It\'s also the first show that made me go out on the internet and look for things all about it and even make my own fan page for it, even though I\'m not all that internet savvy. If you suddenly start watching the show, stick around to watch the rest of it. You may find the part your watching a little boring, or... weird, but trust me, you will love it if you give it a chance, and get past the way their noses look.
  • Four young amnesiacs hold the fate of mankind in their hands, somehow.

Delta State has something most shows would envy: an automatic hook. The cartoon's unique appearance, blending surrealism and realism, is very intriguing and beckons the viewer to take a closer look.

Once we get beneath the surface, we find ourselves in a curious world, centred around four young and bright teenagers with the powers to save humanity from the hidden enemies lurking around them. The show appears to be aimed at a young audience, although there's thankfully a lack of the heavyhanded teen angst and irrationality that plagues many other shows. There's a nice air of mystery around things, and the characters have depth and personality. There's a lot of potential in this show.

The show's failings, unfortunately, lie in the fine details.

I'm not sure how much of the show is derived from the comic source, but the main flaw in Delta State's plot is the lack of logical connections between concepts and events. People have powers, powers have effects, and so on, but the nature of these abilities is never clearly defined, leaving the viewer with a very muddled perspective on the universe. The supernatural elements are spoken about at such a meta-level that no meaningful conclusions can be drawn. Powers become little more than deus ex machinas, most notably with Phil and Luna's recogs. The show needs to abandon these weak links to give more meaning to the events that occur.

The pacing of individual episodes could also use some fine-tuning. Endings in particular often feel rushed, though this can be partly attributed to the restrictive half-hour time block.

If Delta State could pull together its scattered threads into a strong plot for series 2, I'm sure we'd have something great to watch. Otherwise, drop by for the visuals, but you may not stick around for too long.

Oh, and I like the theme song.
  • An awsome show with an awsome look.

I just can't get enough of this show. The first and most obvious thing I noticed about this show was the animation style. It's simply brilliant. The characters move and act in such a realistic fashion it seems like motion capture (maybe it is?). Even the facial expressions are extremely well done. As for the story, I suggest you watch this show from the beginning. If you start watching in the middle of everything, you're going to sit there asking yourself what the hell is going on. Basically, there are people called Rifters that want to take over the human mind and the 4 main characters use their powers in an alternate dimension called the Delta State try to stop them. That's the simplest I can make the plot. CHECK OUT THIS SHOW.