Dempsey and Makepeace

ITV (ended 1986)

TheOldBill

Dempsey and Makepeace Fan Reviews (3)

7.3
  • The backdrop of London in the 80ies is fantastic !

great cop show ! 20 years later this show is a bit outdated but still very amusing to watch.
    I like the idea of a New York cop and a posh Scotland Yard sergeant.. the chemistry is really good between these two..
    this can maybe be explained by the fact these two get together in real-life and are still maried to this day.

The show never 'jumped the shark' in the way that the two leads came together at the end of the show.. there were episodes where it was hinted that the two had feelings for eachother but never said or acted on.. could be frustrating for someone who watched the show only for that the happen, in the end it didn't bother me.. bringing these two together on the show would have been almost impossible.. it would'nt have been plausible..

The backdrop of London in the 80ies is fantastic and Spiking is a fantastic supporting character!
  • dempsey and makepeace rather like an old fashioned version of inspector lynley, think about it one posh & one shall we say down to earth ! & a will they won't they fall in love,however this one is more violent & far more bullets flying & rather fun

Yup i like this show way over the top stories & gun shoots all over the place cars blowing up & plenty of punch ups!,Plus the chemestry between dempsey & makepeace make this a much watch show.Somehow you just can't take it serious & that to me is a good thing not many cop shows these days can you just sit back in your chair & enjoy!I wish they would bring it back perhaps dempsey & makepeace could now be private detectives? although i bet they would not be allowed to shoot their guns in these political correct days still we can live in hope.
  • Borderline acceptable.

Borderline acceptable. How far down has television sunk to these days. Not to disrespect the creators of Dempsey and Makepeace but I guess it's simply the trend of tv these days (nothing good on.) Time poorly wasted.This show is not not nice, but the borderline of the story is acceptable.