Dennis the Menace Forums

CBS (ended 1963)

Dennis The Menace - "Lost Episodes"?

ulij20

[1]Nov 24, 2006
    • level: 1
    I seem to remember seeing two episodes of Dennis The Menace on TV about 20 years ago, but I can't find them in any kind of episode list. I'm wondering if anyone has any answers.

The first one was a Christmas episode. I don't remember much about it (which isn't surprising, given how long ago I saw it). I do remember Dennis The Menace trying to play "Silent Night" on his drum and at the end, the whole family sang the song, like they do at the end of every Christmas episode.

The other one I remember was about Dennis trying to get to Emerson City. Much of this episode takes place down at the police station. Also at the very end of this episode, I remember Mr. Wilson trying to dig wood cement out of the holes in his bowling ball.
    Another thing I remember - in both shows, Mrs. Wilson's glasses frames were different than in the rest of the show.  They appeared to be darker.
    Does anyone remember these episodes? I can't believe they're not listed in any of the episode guides I've seen.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

anglemark10

[2]Dec 27, 2006
    • level: 70
    Each of the first three seasons had a Christmas episode. I haven't watched them in quite awhile, but are you sure one of them isn't the one you describe? Also, could the second episode you describe be "Dennis Runs Away?" One of these days, I'll check out my DVDs of these episodes to see if they match your descriptions.

ulij20

[3]Jan 29, 2007
    • level: 1

Yes, I believe that one of the episodes I mentioned was "Dennis Runs Away", since it has something about Mr. Wilson going bowling.  As for the Christmas episode, in that same season, there was one about Dennis snooping around for his gifts, but it didn't say anything about him playing Silent Night (on his bugle, by the way; not his drum) but that might be the same one anyway.  Could have been that those were filmed at around the same time, either before the other episodes or during a time that Mrs. Wilson's real glasses were being fixed and she was wearing her spares in the interim.  But it was strange that "Dennis Runs Away" wasn't shown with the rest of the episodes back when they were run daily on Nickelodeon.  Perhaps they just didn't have a usable copy of it.  The only time I remember seeing it was when it was run on a local station back in 1987.

By the way, looks as if Nickelodeon didn't run the shows chronologically.  While the episode guide says that "Aunt Emma Visits The Wilsons" was the series finale, the one that Nickelodeon ran last before starting over again was "Lucky Rabbit's Foot".  I wonder why?

FredScuttle

[4]Jan 21, 2011
    • level: 43

ulij20 wrote:
    I seem to remember seeing two episodes of Dennis The Menace on TV about 20 years ago, but I can't find them in any kind of episode list. I'm wondering if anyone has any answers.

The other one I remember was about Dennis trying to get to Emerson City. Much of this episode takes place down at the police station. Also at the very end of this episode, I remember Mr. Wilson trying to dig wood cement out of the holes in his bowling ball.
    Another thing I remember - in both shows, Mrs. Wilson's glasses frames were different than in the rest of the show. They appeared to be darker.
    Does anyone remember these episodes? I can't believe they're not listed in any of the episode guides I've seen.

I know this is an old thread, but they're showing this one on Antenna TV right now. I'm sure it's the same one, as Henry couldn't fix the breadboard because his brand new can of wood cement was empty (which Mr Wilson found out when he was at the bowling tournament), and Dennis is trying to get to Emerson City to visit his grandfather. And you're right about Mrs. Wilson's glasses, they do appear to be different. And as you surmised in your 2nd post, it was the episode titled "Dennis Runs Away"

Adam_Dicy

[5]Mar 16, 2013
    • level: 89
    ulij20 wrote:

The first one was a Christmas episode. I don't remember much about it (which isn't surprising, given how long ago I saw it). I do remember Dennis The Menace trying to play "Silent Night" on his drum and at the end, the whole family sang the song, like they do at the end of every Christmas episode.

Another thing I remember - in both shows, Mrs. Wilson's glasses frames were different than in the rest of the show.� They appeared to be darker.

Well, I own all 4 seasons and seens every episode. Dennis tried to play Silent Night on his bugle which sounded terrible. Season one episode titled "A Christmas Story" had Dennis going out of his way to locate his presents, even wrapping an alarm clock for his dad and setting it for 4pm so that it went off that's where the gifts would be very smart.