Designing Women

Oh Dog, Poor Dog

Aired Monday 9:30 PM Jan 22, 1993 on CBS

• One of my least favorite epiodes of the entire series!

5.1
    Just awful!

I hope that this isn't considered a "spoiler", but the entire episode is basically about Mary Jo feeling sad about having to put her dog to sleep. The Bernice thing is silly and lasts all of two minutes. Bernice always makes me laugh, but she couldn't even save this clunker of an episode.

This episode is a good example of why the 7th and final season just didn't work. It was not plotted well. It seemed to go off on a weird tangent what with the dog story and the supporting characters calling England to listen to the secret Princess Di tapes. And it simply wasn't funny. The 6th season was hysterical and contains some of my all-time favorite episodes. Getting rid of the Allison character was a mistake. She was spoiled and uptight, but I thought that it worked. She was a good foil to Anthony and especially to Julia. BJ is completely dull. Her and Julia are too much alike: opinionated, out-spoken Democrats. She brought nothing to ths show.

Sadly, many of the 7th season episodes are a chore to sit through. And don't even get me started on "Gone With a Whim"...