Desperate Housewives

A Little Night Music

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM May 02, 2010 on ABC

5.7
  • the irresistible charm of desperate housewives deja vus, or isn't it?

5.5
    This show is like a nice daily routine, it is the same thing but you still enjoy it.
    Actually since season 1 I think I am watching the same stories with a slightly different wrapping.

Still maybe it is the direction and mostly the good actors that make me keep watching this loop.
    Till recently.

Cause there is a problem with DH that is getting bigger and bigger with each episode:
    Almost every character who dares to invade-annoy - threat the lives of our wives and their families ends up dead or in the best case in a comma or in a mental institute. I understand that watching a happy ending it is satisfying for the viewer. After all we mostly watch shows to escape from reality. But each happy ending comes with the final elimination of the "threat".
    The Russian bride and the alcoholic mother some of the latest examples. Or even poor Carl, who was found guilty for Bree's adultery and got the end he deserved (??).
    I am really surprised Katherine is still alive and out of the asylum!

This ideology of getting rid "permenantly" whoever dares to disturbs our lives is dangerous and can lead to dark paths.

If you get a good look at DH, beyond its excellent cast and its entertaining stories you will realize it is simplistic, conservative, has a false sense of justice and well it is even a tad fascistic.

Now, does anyone really wonder about the faith of Patrick, Sam and Eddie?