Desperate Housewives

Assassins

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Jan 02, 2011 on ABC

• Maybe it's enough already?

It's a new year but it's the same old Desperate Wisteria Lane. It is not nice that Susan lost her (now revealed) one good kidney and will need a transplant. Wonder where that will come from since the malady can't last that long in what is essentially a comedy show. Anyway, it's my contention that the unfortunate incident would never have happened if Susan hadn't been running around like the idiot she usually is trying to inform Lynette about Tom's old indiscretion in the midst of that ridiculous riot.

Speaking of Lynette ... not very predictable that she would have that reaction and now subject us to possibly weeks of her punishing the witless Tom. Guess that will torture us until it's discovered that he could be Susan's lifesaver (possible scenario).

The plot with the baby switching really bugs me. Gaby is acting exactly as any Mother would in that situation. The whole family is really, but I just don't understand Carlos' attitude. I don't like the whole situation and all could have been quite easily handled if the two girls had just been told what happened; but no, we need all of this angst and anguish. It was nice, however, to see Bree finally cut the ties with Orson. It was great to see her go with her new legitimate emotions and not go running back to the annoying Orson. The clash between to two men would have been unbearable anyway. The Paul Young situation is a little intriguing if not rather bizarre. I am a bit interested to find out who shot him and how he is going to treat his wife. It's probably all just a big red herring though.

If DH does not improve fast then this really should be the Lane's last few months of life. Some is still enjoyable but it is fleeting and most is just plain annoying.