Desperate Housewives

Down the Block There's a Riot

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Dec 12, 2010 on ABC

• Things come to a truly riotious head for the mid-season break.

You've got to hand it to Paul, he's one brilliant psychopath. The way he minipulated everyone into thinking he had the halfway house built was stunning and loved the scam with the last house. I saw it coming how he set up the entire protest, knowing how it would turn into a riot and his smug smile through it all reminds you how twisted he is. And that line to Lynette over how his cons were the only ones not acting violent was brilliant.

That so many other plots came to a boiling point was great too. Having Juanita find out the truth was a powerful moment, stunning how she just shoved her mother down like that. But having Carlos and Gabby risk themselves to save her should remind her of how they truly feel. Glad to see the Bree plot coming to an end, was uncomfortable about her and Schnider hooking up but glad to see her strong enough to avoid that temptation. Poor Lee, put in such a horrible situation but glad Lynette was able to forgive him after it all went to hell and also enjoyed her reaction as she realized too late how she'd played right into Paul's hands. Susan being injured I didn't see coming and hopefully it can fix Renee's more selfish attitude.

Of course, the big one is who shot Paul as no shortage of suspects. But that angle of him almost smiling makes me wonder if this isn't part of his plan to set the Lane against themselves more. Still a great ride for the season and can't wait to see what the new year will bring.