Desperate Housewives

Epiphany

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Apr 25, 2010 on ABC

6.9
  • This was one of the best episodes I've seen of Desperate Housewives of any season. They've built the suspense all season as to who the strangler is, and everyone's thought it to be an evil monster.

This was one of the best episodes I've seen of Desperate Housewives of any season. They've built the suspense all season as to who the strangler is, and everyone's thought it to be an evil monster. What no one suspected was that it's been what would be a sweet kid that everyone likes. Through flashbacks, the authors show us how he became violent. This episode has tremendous credibility in showing how a young man became misogynistic and violent, and it did so in a way that both saddens us and terrifies us. We mourn with Eddie when he's mocked, and we're shocked by his violent scenes. However, what scares us most is how human a violent person can be. The saddest part is we know how different it could all be if Eddie had been treated better. Season 6, Episode 20 is fine TV. It manages to, with credibility, show the development of a violent personality without condoning that kind of behavior. In short, it portrays the darker side of human nature as all too human. It's chilling. It's a must-see episode.