Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

6.11 - "If..." Episode Discussion

What did you think of this episode?

Marmalade11

[21]Jan 4, 2010
    • level: 10
    Where was the scene in the promo pictures where Angie drove home and saw her family (Nick and Danny) being pushed into a car with FBI agents there or something? It's also on the pictures for "If.." on the ABC site where they recap the episodes. I really wanted to see that scene and Bree's reaction to Karl's death. Apart from that I thought the episode was good excluding Susan's fantasy which was down-right boring..
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RenatoB

[22]Jan 4, 2010
    • level: 43
    Marmalade11 wrote:
    Where was the scene in the promo pictures where Angie drove home and saw her family (Nick and Danny) being pushed into a car with FBI agents there or something? It's also on the pictures for "If.." on the ABC site where they recap the episodes. I really wanted to see that scene and Bree's reaction to Karl's death. Apart from that I thought the episode was good excluding Susan's fantasy which was down-right boring..

That scene was most likely cut for time, which is a shame, that must had been interesting. It'll probably show up on the DVDs. Though I'm not sure, in episode 3x12 there was this cut scene with Gabrielle and Mary Alice that had promotional images released for it (they were probably discussing on why Mary Alice said Gaby needed Carlos), but it was never released with the other cut scenes on the DVDs.

Isn't it weird how we never got to see Lynette hit her belly on that big Christmas gift? Some people might be wondering how she even got hurt in the first place. Also, they never revealed if the pilot's wife died. I'm assuming she did.

Marmalade11

[23]Jan 4, 2010
    Maybe I misinterpreted it, but why was Tom smiling when he told Lynette they lost the baby? I thought it was just out of place...I mean yeah youll be ok but still... and who was that woman standing next to Lynette and Tom at Patrick's graduation? The other twin?
    Edited on 01/04/2010 3:56pm

RenatoB

[24]Jan 4, 2010

Marmalade11 wrote:
    Maybe I misinterpreted it, but why was Tom smiling when he told Lynette they lost the baby? I thought it was just out of place...I mean yeah youll be ok but still... and who was that woman standing next to Lynette and Tom at Patrick's graduation? The other twin?

I wondered about that woman too. How weird was that? Also, Lynette said they were gonna name him Patrick. So far we hadn't even heard the genders of the babies. I think the writers plan this stuff and they just forget to include it in the episodes. They are also seriously forgetting the aftermath. I mean, at the end of 6.07, Tom and Lynette went to the cops about Nick having an affair with Julie, and we never even saw him being interviewed. Tom was smiling because he wanted to comfort his wife, it was a nervous smile, the smile someone has when they want to break down in tears but have to keep up a fa├žade so that others won't be inclined to break down as well. He was trying to tell her it'll all get better in time.

Nashirathena

[25]Jan 4, 2010
    • level: 14
    Marmalade11 wrote:

I think he was trying to be sympathetic and let her down easy instead of laying his emotions on her as well.

shenbrat

[26]Jan 4, 2010
    • level: 8
    Nashirathena wrote:
    Marmalade11 wrote:

I think he was trying to be sympathetic and let her down easy instead of laying his emotions on her as well.

That's the way I took it. Kind of bucking up trying to be brave and strong. Even I felt bad for him having to deliver that awful news.

WickedNugget

[27]Jan 5, 2010
    • level: 8
    Marmalade11 wrote:

I'm pretty sure the young woman between Tom and Lynette was supposed to be Penny.

alexy_paris

[29]Jan 5, 2010
    • level: 3
    I keep saying this would have been the most schocking episode ever if Celia would have been killed by the plane. Then the idea of a housewife loosing a child would have been a real good one and Gaby would then have showed another face of her personality (not to mention Carlos and their relationship).
    Instead of this, Cherry chose to AGAIN AND AGAIN make Lynette the drama one. Come on , give her a break (besides is this really losing a child ????).

Hope the end of the season will get us back to the spirit of DH and not a continious scrumbling serie.

PS : if Angie's problem is due to some kind of a hippy movement or whatever I QUIT !!!

RenatoB

[30]Jan 5, 2010
    alexy_paris wrote:

if Angie's problem is due to some kind of a hippy movement or whatever I QUIT !!!

I had thought about it, and I also didn't like the idea. But now I don't think that's the case, since this Patrick Logan guy seems to be real hardcore, is that the kind of person you'd find in hippie movements? All I know is he'll probably be making an appearance towards the end of the season and die in the finale, a la Wayne Davis. I hope we also get to see Angie's mother, maybe she can track them down on her own.

ZSinnett

[31]Jan 5, 2010
    • level: 13
    alexy_paris wrote:

Instead of this, Cherry chose to AGAIN AND AGAIN make Lynette the drama one. Come on , give her a break (besides is this really losing a child ????).

Yes! That is really losing a child.

Marmalade11

[32]Jan 5, 2010
    Bree and Susan also got some share of the drama...not as much as Lynette's but still they did...and judging by the promo pics for 6x11 a lot more was cut out of the episode...considering there were pictures of Susan talking to Bree at Karl's funeral and Mrs. McCluskey talking to her also...and Bree sitting alone in the church.

jasptv

[33]Jan 5, 2010
    • level: 5

Nashirathena wrote:
    jasptv wrote:
    miss_wierd wrote:
    What?! There is a rumor that Celia is going to be with MJ? When?
    on the MJ/Celia "rumor" (coulda been MJ/ Juanita) someone wrote that Susan imagines, MJ marries Celia I'm not sure when I read it, I believe a few days before "Boom Crunch," and I believe it was on wikipedia---I'm so sad they were mistaken---I think it would've been nice for Gaby's "what if" wherein she was more worried about not seeing her baby walk down the isle and find a rich lover, and Celia comes home with plumber protegee MJ. As you can imagine how obnoxiously funny Gaby's reaction to this would've been, imagine if Susan was brought in and be angry that Gaby thinks Celia is above marrying her son... I think that would've been more funny and better than Gaby's "Godly what if" you know, I need to stay away from these rumors, I always avoid spoilers, but never rumors... I'm done with 'em
    that too woulda been a great "What If" I'd love to see Gaby's reaction There was also a rumor that Juanita was going to be a lesbian, which would have been hilarious.

Juanita a lesbian, lol that would've been good

alexy_paris wrote:
    I keep saying this would have been the most schocking episode ever if Celia would have been killed by the plane. Then the idea of a housewife loosing a child would have been a real good one and Gaby would then have showed another face of her personality (not to mention Carlos and their relationship).

Hope the end of the season will get us back to the spirit of DH and not a continious scrumbling serie.

PS : if Angie's problem is due to some kind of a hippy movement or whatever I QUIT !!!

Celia's death would've been incredibly shocking, and a very dramatic storyline, though I'm not sure if Eva Longoria could handle that kind of drama, would've beea major improvement

Edited on 01/05/2010 10:27pm

steffi_totti

[34]Jan 6, 2010
    • level: 9
    I must say I was surprised they didn't show how Julie react to Karl's death. Lynette shined in this episode but the rest of the housewives' storylines felt contrived and predictable - the fat suit and old make-up also very distracting. After the wait and the (spoiled) suspense, this episode proves to be rather ... disappointing?

DHfan04

[35]Jan 6, 2010
    • level: 6

I thought this episode was amazing.

Susan-This was a funny/filler storyline. I liked it. The only thing that bothered me is when they said that Susan kicked Karl out. When in reality Karl was the one that left her, and that has been mentioned several times, so I'm not sure where the writers pulled that from.

Bree-The scene at the end when she went to Orson's apartment was heartbreaking. I've always loved them as a couple, and I'm glad they are most likely getting back together.

Gabby-I wasn't so sure about this what if storyline at first. But the best part was when, at the end, she was brushing Celia's hair and she said "This is gonna be the one" with so much desperation in her voice.

Lynette-Definently the best storyline of the episode. The sandwhich scene is definently one of the best scenes of the year. And the actor who played Patrick as a child, was amazing.

All in all, a great episode. I loved it!

BrainMan820

[36]Jan 8, 2010
    • level: 16

I thought it was boring. Pretty boring. I don't like "What If..." episodes. They scream filler, and, unlike Eli Scruggs or Edie's super episodes, there were no interesting stories. Dreams and coma fantasies. Susan's storyline was boring and predictable, Bree's storyline was even more so. Gabrielle's story was funny, but not interesting. Lynette's was heartwarming, but pointless. We only got a little dynamic from Angie. I'm guessing maybe she was part of some cult or group or something.

I think the only thing I liked was the makeup jobs on old Carlos and old Lynette.

DeuceSix0

[37]Jan 11, 2010
    • level: 3
    I didn't realize how conceited Bree is until now. She assumes that Orson will never move on after her, and will die 7 years later because she left him.

Mattsterzz

[38]Oct 20, 2011
    • level: 7
    Their is something about this episode that i didnt enjoy compared to other flashback episodes. I think it was the writing, it just didnt have a kick. I did enjoys bree's and Lynette's storyline. I thought that Gabby's was too silly (but realistic, considering last season's doll storyline), and they have done too many flashbacks about Susan and Karl. Also, i loved the fat-suits and aging in this episode. Fat susan was funny though!