Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

7.21 - "Then I Really Got Scared" Episode Discussion

Which housewife did better?

Iamdapwnage

[21]May 9, 2011
    • level: 16
    I don't get it, didn't Porter and Preston move out?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RenatoB

[22]May 9, 2011
    • level: 43
    Iamdapwnage wrote:
    I don't get it, didn't Porter and Preston move out?

Nonetheless, I think it kinda makes sense that Tom and Lynette would want to take them on the family vacation. They weren't shown to be necessarily living there anymore, they were just having dinner there once and then were called in to witness the presentation. No biggie.

MarkoTodorovi

[23]May 10, 2011
    • level: 4

final 10.00 millions

RenatoB

[24]May 10, 2011
    MarkoTodorovi wrote:

final 10.00 millions

That's good. But I miss the old DH numbers... What has happened to this show? And TV in general?

toridawson

[25]May 10, 2011
    • level: 7
    I honestly think(since they brought the plot up earlier in the season) that Gabby's stalker is her stepfather or whoever it was who molested her

He is latin(no offense) and that would make that storyline a lot more interesting as well....She had gotten closure....

Although, I thought in the episode when she went back she stated he was dead but that really is the only person i can think of.

They have not shown her having a stalker and it's not like Gabby is really doing much careerwise aside from being a mom....

Zazawie

[26]May 11, 2011
    • level: 19

MarkoTodorovi wrote:

final 10.00 millions

Well, 10.001 million viewersTongue out But 10's a 10, of course. The demo is still at 2.9 though, which is low.

DH-Weirdo

[27]May 11, 2011
    What's demo?

Zazawie

[28]May 11, 2011
    ^^Just short for how many people between the ages of 18 and 49 watch the show. That's the key audience for ABC (and the other networks), since their commercial revenues (biggest source of income) are based on how big that number is.

I don't really know how it's calculated either, but if you compare: this season's premiere scored a 4.3, while a few weeks ago it was at 2.9. So the premiere was watch by a lot more people between 18-49 than last week's episode.

shenbrat

[29]May 11, 2011
    • level: 8
    Short for demographic. When it comes to audiences advertisers are concerned with how many in different age groups are watching (18-49 being the prized group)

On another note: Has Tom met his wife?

Did he honestly think the woman he was married to for approx. 20 years (and called a control freak several times) was going to welcome him changing plans that she was supposed to make and informed him she did make? Right, that was going to go over well, lol. As if she'd see that as anything but messing with her domain and blindsiding her.

DH-Weirdo

[30]May 11, 2011
    Thanks for clearing that up!

rentlover1

[31]May 14, 2011
    shenbrat wrote:
    Short for demographic. When it comes to audiences advertisers are concerned with how many in different age groups are watching (18-49 being the prized group)

On another note: Has Tom met his wife?

Did he honestly think the woman he was married to for approx. 20 years (and called a control freak several times) was going to welcome him changing plans that she was supposed to make and informed him she did make? Right, that was going to go over well, lol. As if she'd see that as anything but messing with her domain and blindsiding her.

Totally agree. Lynette was bound to respond the way she did and Tom should have said to her he had an idea for the vacation and then suprised her with it rather then booking flights and going all the way without informing her not to worry about making plans. Its the fact he left it to the last second that really pissed her off.

I adored this plot line for them. It was like the scene in season 5 where they are fighting for the same job at the dinner table. I loved it and when Lynette started listing the dangers like the great white and the helicopter crash I laughed my head off. Bree's plotline was also a highlight for me. I adore her chemistry with Chuck and cant wait to see more. When she says: I dont like to talk about that part of my life my side split. I love when actors play their characters as bad actors. Its light and its funny

Susan's plotline I saw coming but I loved that they referred back to her being fired and the online sex site. I do believe she will get her job back, its just a matter of time. The new Mum was also a very nice addition and I hope she comes back in Season 7.

All in all a great episode. Dont have much to say about Gabby but I know where her storyline is going is going to be amazing. This has probably been Gabby's best season thus far (at least since Season 1).

shenbrat

[32]May 30, 2011
    Isn't the trip Lynette planned a hell of a lot like Tom's supposed fantasy let's chuck everything and rv idea a few seasons ago? Seemed to me Lynette planned exactly what he said he wanted before (admittedly on a more realistic and worlable scale).

RenatoB

[33]May 31, 2011
    People can change their minds. Back then, Tom wouldn't have had the budget to take the whole family on a trip to Hawaii. Between that and an RV trip, the choice is fairly obvious... although Lynette failed to see that and actually wound up making it somewhat more interesting in the presentation. I still would have picked up Hawaii, though.

shenbrat

[34]May 31, 2011

RenatoB wrote:
    People can change their minds. Back then, Tom wouldn't have had the budget to take the whole family on a trip to Hawaii. Between that and an RV trip, the choice is fairly obvious... although Lynette failed to see that and actually wound up making it somewhat more interesting in the presentation. I still would have picked up Hawaii, though.

I would have picked Hawaii as well. Just saying it's not off the wall that based on what Tom said before she thought she was giving him what he wanted.

And if he wasn't worried about not working for an entire year and buying an rv he wouldn't have been worried about paying for a Hawaii trip.

Edited on 05/31/2011 4:51am
    Edited 2 total times.

RenatoB

[35]May 31, 2011
    shenbrat wrote:

RenatoB wrote:

I would have picked Hawaii as well. Just saying it's not off the wall that based on what Tom said before she thought she was giving him what he wanted.

And if he wasn't worried about not working for an entire year and buying an rv he wouldn't have been worried about paying for a Hawaii trip.

Refresh my mind, when was that? I remember the mention of a year off on an RV, and Lynette saying something along the lines of "when our kids start stealing food for survival, they can meet the inside of a prison", but I don't remember the episode it was from. This is unusual for me.

shenbrat

[36]May 31, 2011

RenatoB wrote:
    shenbrat wrote:

RenatoB wrote:

Refresh my mind, when was that? I remember the mention of a year off on an RV, and Lynette saying something along the lines of "when our kids start stealing food for survival, they can meet the inside of a prison", but I don't remember the episode it was from. This is unusual for me.

Season 5 episode 5 Mirror Mirror. As to an earlier point sure Tom could have changed his mind. Just seems it would have been a good time to inform Lynette about that before she made plans.

Edited on 05/31/2011 5:39am

RenatoB

[37]May 31, 2011
    ^^Thanks. I haven't watched that episode (one of my favorites) in a long while, I need to go check it out.

He just wanted to surprise the family, that's all. Maybe he should had ran it past Lynette first and just surprised the kids, but he actually thought he'd have his wife on his side (despite their history of disagreement ) and he wanted to make her happy. But, it's like they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

shenbrat

[38]Jun 15, 2011
    BrainMan820 wrote:

Not too bad, actually

Lynette/Tom - I can perfectly understand, and even support, Tom's decision to surprise the family with a Hawaiian vacation. It was his first big job, with big money, he wanted to go all out, I'm fine with that. Also fine with Lynette being upset (plans wasted and all). Perfectly okay with them letting the kids decide, but that fight at the end came out really ham-fisted. I think Lynette is a hypocrite, and her refusal to see the control issues is bad, but Tom can't recognize it in himself either

Lynette can't see her control issues? How many times has she caved feeling guilty for just that even times she had just as much of a right to a voice than Tom does? It's used against her because she owns it so much. Sorry, Tom is the hypocritical one when it comes to that.

Edie70

[39]Mar 25, 2012

Justed watched this episode again (have not seen it since Sep 2011) and I was only reminded of how much I disliked it. Gaby and her plot - fiasco; Lynette & Tom arguing over family vacaion - dull; Bree & Chuck on a date - oh no, boring as hell Embarassed

The only decent storyline was Susan/Paul/poisoning I loved the scene at Oakridge where she is trying to get rid of those cookies lol

But i would rate this episode only 4,5/10 - one of the worst Surprised

Mattsterzz

[40]Mar 25, 2012
    I hated Lynettes story, these things makes me dislike Lynette. I did love the poison SL though, and the ending of the episode. 5.5/10