Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

8.06 - "Witch's Lament" Episode Discussion

How do you rate this episode?

Zazawie

[1]Oct 29, 2011
    • level: 19

It's time for the third and final Halloween episode of Desperate Housewives, entitled "Witch's Lament", the 163rd episode of the series. The episode was directed by Annie Weisman (her 3rd credit on the show) and Tony "Alejandro the abusive stepfather" Plana.

While Susan grows suspicious about Andre's relationship with Amy, Lynette competes with Jane on making Penny a Halloween costume. Carlos joins the A.A. and Renee spices up things with Ben, while Bree, Gaby and Lynette end up in the woods again to dispose of Alejandro's body. But will they be successful?

Guest stars include Miguel Ferrer and "cranky art teacher" Andre, Andrea Parker as "your husband's evil girlfriend" Jane, Becky Wu as "emo Asian girl" Amy.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Zazawie

[2]Oct 29, 2011
    The second time I screw up the directing/writing credits this season, yeesh.

Written by Annie Weisman (third time after season 6's "Sorry, Grateful" and "Everything's Different, Nothing's Changed") and directed by Tony Plana.

Mgmble

[3]Oct 30, 2011
    • level: 7

Not that many sneak peaks so far, only two and the promo .....

RenatoB

[4]Oct 30, 2011
    • level: 43
    Three and the promo, actually. Which is weird.

Mgmble

[5]Oct 30, 2011

RenatoB wrote:
    Three and the promo, actually. Which is weird.

Could you be a kind guy and put the links up ? I can't find the third one Laughing

RenatoB

[6]Oct 30, 2011

You can find them right here on TV.com. I'm sure the one you missed is the one with Bree, Gabrielle and Juanita, which wasn't divulged on SpoilerTV. It's the third one, called "Very Scary Halloween Story".

DH-Weirdo

[7]Oct 30, 2011
    I'm bummed, I can't watch the 2 sneak peeks on TV.com cause i'm over here in Sweden, and only one of those two has been published on SpoilerTV/DH-central. Grr...

On the other hand, I guess i'll enjoy the episode more when there's only two moments I have already seen [3484 times]...

Mgmble

[8]Oct 30, 2011

RenatoB wrote:

You can find them right here on TV.com. I'm sure the one you missed is the one with Bree, Gabrielle and Juanita, which wasn't divulged on SpoilerTV. It's the third one, called "Very Scary Halloween Story".

Never seen the Bree and gabby one, really odd that DHcentral never uploaded it. Thanks for the link Smile

RenatoB

[9]Oct 30, 2011
    ^^@Mgmble, sure thing, you're welcome.

^^@DH-Weirdo, that's weird, I'm in Portugal and I can watch them just fine. Despite the annoying commercials, of course.

DH-Weirdo

[10]Oct 30, 2011
    I can watch the commercials too, but then it just says "the video is unavailable". Nah, I'll watch it tomorrow anyways Goodnight!

evafan2005

[11]Oct 30, 2011
    • level: 18

yeah when Carlos opened the door and saw Alejandro....that freaked me right out. That image is STILL burned into my brain, holy crap.

stellarchick86

[12]Oct 30, 2011
    • level: 32
    evafan2005 wrote:

yeah when Carlos opened the door and saw Alejandro....that freaked me right out. That image is STILL burned into my brain, holy crap.

That was pretty cool and it was unexpected, for me.

In general it was a pretty good ep, I think I was just expecting a little more since it was a Halloween ep. Maybe next week it will pick up a little more, IDK. Still pretty good in general though. I enjoyed Susans SL, Lynettes SL was pretty cool, although it seemed a little rushed (meaning last week Tom was barely dating and now all of a sudden he has a GF who hes fairly serious with) and the 3 housewives together at the end. Bree/Gabby was pretty predictable so it just seemed a little filler (plus I already saw the car scene so it ruined the laughs for me). Renees SL was a little boring to me as well, though I liked that she actually had a SL rather than just being the comedic relief. Id give this ep a 8/10.

shenbrat

[13]Oct 30, 2011
    • level: 8

stellarchick86 wrote:
    evafan2005 wrote:

That was pretty cool and it was unexpected, for me.

In general it was a pretty good ep, I think I was just expecting a little more since it was a Halloween ep. Maybe next week it will pick up a little more, IDK. Still pretty good in general though. I enjoyed Susans SL, Lynettes SL was pretty cool, although it seemed a little rushed (meaning last week Tom was barely dating and now all of a sudden he has a GF who hes fairly serious with) and the 3 housewives together at the end. Bree/Gabby was pretty predictable so it just seemed a little filler (plus I already saw the car scene so it ruined the laughs for me). Renees SL was a little boring to me as well, though I liked that she actually had a SL rather than just being the comedic relief. Id give this ep a 8/10.

Right serious enough with the girlfriend to start bad mouthing Lynette.

stellarchick86

[14]Oct 31, 2011
    shenbrat wrote:

Exactly. I was like wow...really? Did I miss a timejump? Hehe. They couldve at the very least made it sound like it was the same girl as last week...didnt he say he was dating the exercise instructors mother anyway? That wasnt the same lady, right? Anyway, thats my only/main nit-pick. Also, get Lynette a man, too, thats not just for revenge.

Zazawie

[15]Oct 31, 2011
    Pretty good episode. Halloween was more in the background of things, just like last season, but it was nice.

The scenes in the woods, however, were the best. I love how it's something totally new for the show and it added some darkness to the story. However, I don't think they should've bookended the episode with it. I think we all knew the body was gone once we saw Bree's face (spoilers or not). The cliffhanger wasn't strong enough and there weren't many possibilities to begin with.

However, Gaby and Bree really are a golden duo. I'd love a car ride with these two: last time they were chewing tobacco, now they're releasing frogs. I hope they continue to combine these two more, because this is comedy at its best.

Susan was filler and I don't feel like it went anywhere, so I'm indifferent about this. It was the only storyline which revolved around Halloween though.

Lynette, always check things before you buy things on the phone or the internet. It didn't strike me as something that could/would happen in real life, but I love how things went good with Jane and then Lynette's 'threat'. Renee was filler as well, but I like the couple, so I'm fine with that.

Pretty good episode, but probably the least Halloween-centered Halloween episode of the three.

Mattsterzz

[16]Oct 31, 2011
    This episode was awesome! I didnt love it as much as Season 4's but miles better than Season 7. It was funny the little things they did show it was filmed badly, but it might have been me being pickly, like when Gabby jumps out of the water when collecting frogs you can obviously see a crewmen and when she was swerving around it was the same place where she confronted Alejandro, but overall it was fantastic. The narration was spooky and Renee was looking goooood (obviously before she got hives)and she was so cute under the covers at the hospital.

I loved this Ep!

RenatoB

[17]Oct 31, 2011
    stellarchick86 wrote:
    shenbrat wrote:

Exactly. I was like wow...really? Did I miss a timejump? Hehe. They couldve at the very least made it sound like it was the same girl as last week...didnt he say he was dating the exercise instructors mother anyway? That wasnt the same lady, right? Anyway, thats my only/main nit-pick. Also, get Lynette a man, too, thats not just for revenge.

Yes, that was the same lady, the exercise instructor's doctor mother, Jane (Andrea Parker).

RenatoB

[18]Oct 31, 2011
    Mattsterzz wrote:
    This episode was awesome! I didnt love it as much as Season 4's but miles better than Season 7. It was funny the little things they did show it was filmed badly, but it might have been me being pickly, like when Gabby jumps out of the water when collecting frogs you can obviously see a crewmen and when she was swerving around it was the same place where she confronted Alejandro, but overall it was fantastic. The narration was spooky and Renee was looking goooood (obviously before she got hives)and she was so cute under the covers at the hospital.

I loved this Ep!

You didn't like "Excited and Scared"? It was such an awesome episode, one of the best out of season 7! :O

stellarchick86

[19]Oct 31, 2011
    Mattsterzz wrote:
    when she was swerving around it was the same place where she confronted Alejandro

Yeah I noticed that too....also, its quite obvious when they are in CA sometimes too, like when Gabby stole the priests van and when Susan wanted to get arrested at the store heheh.

RenatoB wrote:
    Yes, that was the same lady, the exercise instructor's doctor mother, Jane (Andrea Parker).

Ahh okay that makes way more sense then hehe. I guess I didnt pay much attention that ep because I thought she was blonde lol. Thanks!

DH-Weirdo

[20]Oct 31, 2011
    What's CA?