Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

8.08 "Suspicion Song" - Episode Discussion

JeffreyvanHe

[21]Nov 14, 2011
    • level: 2

RenatoB wrote:
    What do you mean, by that final remark? She was, at least, seen in episode 2. And I forgot to mention her in my review. I'm also disappointed she hasn't been featured more, but I loved her voice-overs in this last episode. They felt like old MA stuff. Too bad they didn't give her any mid-episode v.o.'s again.

Yup i know she was in episode 2, but i mean her name hasn't been mentioned by her friends, something like 'now we know how Mary Alice felt'

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RenatoB

[22]Nov 14, 2011
    • level: 43
    Well, they didn't say that exactly, but I think the teaser for 8.02 was meant to show that Bree was going through something very, very similar. And she has been mentioned, because of the letter, several times already, including in the previous episode. I also wish she'd be featured and mentioned more often, though.

And can I just say, I wish everyday was like this here on the TV.com forums? I've been checking into the forum to find new messages all day long, on several threads. There are so many times during the week I come here and find nothing but red circles.

stellarchick86

[23]Nov 14, 2011
    • level: 32
    I didnt get a chance to read all these comments, but I can safely say I agree with mostly everyone that this was a good ep. Not as good as the last one, but good.

Gabby- I pretty much always enjoy her SLs and this was no exception because it progressed the murder SL. Im glad they arent just glossing over the alcohol SL and are showing how its affecting everyone. No real complaints there.

Bree- This was good too. Im glad they went back to her alcoholism and showed that even has-it-all-together Bree Van DeCamp can sometimes slip up. Also glad they are progressing Chuck's SL too here.

Susan- The art stuff didnt interest me that much but I did enjoy the gallery stuff. I like when Susan is the physical comedian (her trying to take the art off the wall) rather than the sort of crying one so I had no complaints there really.

Lynette- I enjoyed the SL in general but it also bugged me because too many times on this show they make the woman look like the idiot while the man is the stud and this was no exception. Putting all that aside, I like that they are progressing the Tom/Lynette storyline. I still suspect that they will get back together by the finale though. When my mom and I watched it, we figured that maybe one of the kids ordered it for her but then we realized that the only one they would show as having ordered it would be Penny and shes a bit too young for that and it would be contrived if they tried to say otherwise.

Overall, Id give it a 8.5/10.

evafan2005

[24]Nov 14, 2011
    • level: 18

RenatoB wrote:
    I wondered for a long time how they would fit Cindy into this episode, and I was surprised that they hooked her up with Renee and Lynette. Didn't that seem so random? Like they're trying to make her a recurring character. Not that I didn't enjoy it. Cindy is not that amusing as a character, but I always like recurring characters.

ya know when I was watching this, I suddenly got a very Mona Clarke from season 6 vibe from her....I'm praying they don't reveal this random woman to be the writer of the note. like she's been on the lane for years and always ignored by the women, sick of being in the background for years she started spying on them and wound up seeing everything happen. I'd be so upset.

stellarchick86

[25]Nov 14, 2011
    evafan2005 wrote:
    ya know when I was watching this, I suddenly got a very Mona Clarke from season 6 vibe from her....I'm praying they don't reveal this random woman to be the writer of the note. like she's been on the lane for years and always ignored by the women, sick of being in the background for years she started spying on them and wound up seeing everything happen. I'd be so upset.

I was wondering the same thing actually considering she kind of came out of nowhere and is on here twice now (kind of like that lady who was a prostitute who ended up doing S&M type of stuff that Rex went to in s1). Glad I wasnt the only one.

evafan2005

[26]Nov 14, 2011
    • level: 18

yeah it's just way too random. I'm just really hoping I'm wrong with my theory.

kingoffheg

[27]Nov 15, 2011
    • level: 11

Nice episode!

Susan: The build-up for the gallery show was a mix of boring and funny, I wish they'd sped up the process. Anyway, the gallery show was amazing though! Susan trying to take the painting off was hilarious and then Bree & Gabby's arrivals just made things better. I'm not sure how I feel about the whole "you're miserable, you're an artist" stuff but I'm glad this storyline is over even if I generally enjoyed it.

Lynette: It was really heartbreaking. Lynette's reaction at the end and Tom's answers really signaled the kiss of death for their marriage to Lynette so it will be interesting to see what happens next. I loved all of Renee's lines here, I'm glad she's in every episode!

Bree: The first sequence was fantastic, indeed. It was nice that we were reminded that someone knows the housewives' secret and is trying to blackmail them in the first scene and promoting Chuck to a villain was genius honestly. When he showed up at the gallery at the end, it made realize that his death is coming soon :p I loved how Bree confronted him in the street halfway through the episode and how he promised to torture her at the end. Absolutely loved it. Oh and how can I forget to mention Bree drinking?! Great stuff!

Gabby: Probably my least favorite storyline of the night. Carlos' drinking problem is interesting but all the firm stuff was really predictable and didn't do much for me. Sure, Gabby trying to be sexy was really funny and the client's speech to Carlos was touching, but it just felt like old material that we've seen before.

I'm seriously loving the main storyline this year, it's the best mystery since the first season. The way the friendships between the housewives have been broken up in the past two weeks is just brilliant, the show has never gone this far in separating them so it will be interesting to see how they find their way back to each other and just how low Bree will sink without her friends by her side.

lil89

[28]Nov 16, 2011
    • level: 5
    Why the hell didn't any of them think of saying that the painting represented Mary Alice's death when confronted? I mean, it makes sense, she took her own life, and they were all pretty close to her, that's something that stays with you. It woud be natural for Susan to have feelings about it, even though it was a long time ago. The corpse she painted was not gender specific, so it would be a nice excuse.

stellarchick86

[29]Nov 16, 2011
    ^Thats a pretty good point. I guess they were too shaken up..

Zazawie

[30]Nov 16, 2011
    • level: 19
    ^^That wouldn't explain the candlestick, and all of them standing around the corpse like that.

Btw, about the chest, they could say that's Mary Alice's chest, but has the Deirdre story ever been actually made public? We all know Paul was put in jail for "killing" Felicia, and when it came out she wasn't dead, he was released.

But Paul was also an accomplice in killing Deirdre, but they never prosecuted him for that. In season 1, that corrupt cop passed the police file to Mike and Deirdre's father, but was the case ever cleared up by the cops? Or is that still a cold case? Because then they wouldn't be able to say the chest was Mary Alice's either, at least not without betraying Paul.

rentlover1

[31]Nov 17, 2011
    • level: 8

lil89 wrote:
    Why the hell didn't any of them think of saying that the painting represented Mary Alice's death when confronted? I mean, it makes sense, she took her own life, and they were all pretty close to her, that's something that stays with you. It woud be natural for Susan to have feelings about it, even though it was a long time ago. The corpse she painted was not gender specific, so it would be a nice excuse.

I've been thinking the same thing. There is no reason why with all the deaths on Wisteria Lane (some of which would be on police records) Susan and the women couldn't have just argued it was a reflection of Mary Alice and the other tragedies that have befallen the street.

MsBoonzie

[32]Nov 17, 2011
    • level: 10

Good episode, probably the best this season.
    But I'm actually getting tired of Lynette, trying to steal her husband back. I want them together in the end, but it would've been better if Lynette had given up almost right away, and Tom would be the one who wanted to get back together later in the season.

I think that this thing with Chuck and his investigation is awesome. It's so exciting, and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Carlos's drinking problem is not a great story line. It's good, but a little boring. I actually prefer Gabby as a spoiled housewife that gets taken care of by her husband, not the other way around.

I don't watch the show so much, so I don't really have anymore to write...
    It is getting better, so I'm going to start watching it more.

shenbrat

[33]Nov 17, 2011
    • level: 8
    MsBoonzie wrote:

But I'm actually getting tired of Lynette, trying to steal her husband back. I want them together in the end, but it would've been better if Lynette had given up almost right away, and Tom would be the one who wanted to get back together later in the season.

I think that this thing with Chuck and his investigation is awesome. It's so exciting, and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Carlos's drinking problem is not a great story line. It's good, but a little boring. I actually prefer Gabby as a spoiled housewife that gets taken care of by her husband, not the other way around.

Maybe I'm taking this too seriously, but seems to me only Lynette would be faulted for 'stealing' her own husband back. Sorry if I sound argumentitive, but can't she even go for what's hers in the first place without it being considered wrong?

RenatoB

[34]Nov 17, 2011
    • level: 43
    shenbrat wrote:
    MsBoonzie wrote:

Maybe I'm taking this too seriously, but seems to me only Lynette would be faulted for 'stealing' her own husband back. Sorry if I sound argumentitive, but can't she even go for what's hers in the first place without it being considered wrong?

I'm not sure that phrasing is all too acceptable. That'd be like when Susan said in 6.01 that Katherine went after her left-overs, that Mike was hers to begin with. Which is ridiculous. Mike is not a used toy, and neither is Tom, and the ladies who sigh for them have no right to treat them as mere possessions. Not that I'm saying that Lynette stealing Tom back is accurate either. I never really thought about it till just now, but it really is like this: if a man treats a woman like a possession, he's objectifying her, which is not cool. That makes him a douchebag. But when a woman does it, they play it for laughs. Weird.