Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

8.09 - "Putting It Together" Episode Discussion

What did you think of the winter finale?

NovemberRose

[21]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 7
    I knew Chuck was biting the dust, like everyone one who is related to the mysteries of this show who aren't a lead character always dies cause they know too much. (btw I did not watch the promo for this episode so I all had going was the last episode).

Regarding the car, I'm pretty sure it's not a spoiler. They change cars on this show so often that it can be anyone really. Plus I highly doubt that their clue will be the car. Loved this episode because it payed homage to a lot of the previous seasons. Chuck getting hit by a car was reminiscent of Mike and Mama Solis, then the last scene was a true homage to Mary Alice. I'm really liking this season. It will be sad to see it go come May.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Zazawie

[22]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 19

Also, here's a little annex to my rant, sorry.Tongue out

Why the hell don't they lawyer up? It's very clear Chuck is conducting an unlawful investigation and if Bree would've been so smart to take a recorder with her to his office, she would've had proof that he had a personal vendetta against her. She's never confessed in any of their conversations, so she'd still be in the clear.

Agreed, Chuck would still be around, but if they'd taken a lawyer, he would've been suspended by now and he would've lost his police privileges and his credibility. The file would go to another cop, who'd probably look into it, but this one would never take such an aggressive stand as Chuck did.

Maybe it's become I'm studying law, but this comes across as some basic knowledge to me, even for four simple housewives.Tongue out

Edited on 12/05/2011 4:30am

marto_dd

[23]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 17

I haven't seen such an amazing episode of DH in YEARS.

I loved it. It was amazing, completely amazing. I have too many feelings. I want to write about Bree and Lynette and Susan and Gany and everyone, but I just can't, because I have SO many feelings, I would find words... But it was marvelous. I loved every second.

And who was driving the car? Can it be Orson? Please, let it be Orson again!

Or Ben, maybe...

rentlover1

[24]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 8

OMG Orson would make so much sense and there wasdefinitelya purposeful homage to the original Mike getting hit scene from Season 2 (like shot for shot). If it was Orson it would be amazing!!!! lol.

RenatoB

[25]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 43
    Orson the paraplegian? Hum...

Anyway, Zazawie, I totally agree with your views on Chuck's death, the promo for 8.10 (that God-awful promo!) and Susan's story. However, my attitude towards the rest of the episode is more positive, I actually really liked it.

RenatoB

[26]Dec 5, 2011
    Also, how exaggerated was Jane's "I'm the crazy one" talk in the bathroom? It just sounded weird.

RenatoB

[27]Dec 5, 2011
    Zazawie wrote:

Why the hell don't they lawyer up? It's very clear Chuck is conducting an unlawful investigation and if Bree would've been so smart to take a recorder with her to his office, she would've had proof that he had a personal vendetta against her. She's never confessed in any of their conversations, so she'd still be in the clear.

Agreed, Chuck would still be around, but if they'd taken a lawyer, he would've been suspended by now and he would've lost his police privileges and his credibility. The file would go to another cop, who'd probably look into it, but this one would never take such an aggressive stand as Chuck did.

Maybe it's become I'm studying law, but this comes across as some basic knowledge to me, even for four simple housewives.Tongue out

You're studying law? Me too! I'm just a freshman, though, this is my first semester, here's hoping I do well.

evafan2005

[28]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 18

I overall really liked the episode aside from Jane....her attitude towards her relationship with Tom and her attitude towards Lynette REALLY irritates me. Surely Tom explained why Lynette showed up in his apartment, yet she's still going to hang on to that? I don't know, it just seems like she got super entitled super fast and I kinda wish she'd been holding Chuck's hand if you catch my drift.

RenatoB

[29]Dec 5, 2011
    Can anyone tell me if the credits were also omitted from this episode on the ABC airing, or if it was just on the CTV airing (which are the episodes that are always made available to the public online).

Zazawie

[30]Dec 5, 2011

RenatoB wrote:
    Zazawie wrote:

You're studying law? Me too! I'm just a freshman, though, this is my first semester, here's hoping I do well.

Lol, cool.Tongue out I'm in my third year now. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but I'm sure you'll do just fine. Wink

RenatoB

[31]Dec 5, 2011
    ^^Thanks. Best of luck to you (with everything) as well.

RenatoB

[32]Dec 5, 2011
    Allow me to PLL things up again. On that show, "A", the mysterious text sender, is the girls' frenemy. He/she wants to play with the girls, but won't let anyone else ruin their lives, and has often saved them from trouble because he/she wants to keep playing with them. Maybe whoever ran over Chuck is the same. He/she knew that Chuck was gonna get the girls sent to jail, and ran him down to keep that from happening in order to continue playing sick games with the ladies. But that's probably not the case, considering that no other note has showed up yet.

Zazawie

[33]Dec 5, 2011

And that guy from spoilertv's ratings source is back to bashing DH again (spoilertv). While these ratings actually don't mean anything.

Sometimes I think he thought of the category 'fading fast' just to bring DH down...

Edie70

[34]Dec 5, 2011
    According to those early ratings it seems like DH has slipped again to a new series low. I predict something over 8 million and about 2.5. And about the episode - I liked it, but some things bothered me. Intro was a little bit off with wives calling the police all the time, even though it had that old vibe in it. I really hated Chuck in this episode, sometimes it felt like the writers just changed his personality in a few episodes. It was truly hard for me to believe that this is supposed to be that nice guy from season premiere or the last season finale. Things change, huh? Another character that bothers me is Ben. He is just being there, sometimes has a scene with Bree or Renee and he looks "mysterious". I feel like even the writers don't know what to do with that guy. But it was nice to have Karen McCluskey back - even for 2 minutes. Although that appearance seemed a little bit unnecessary.

NovemberRose

[35]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 7
    RenatoB wrote:
    Allow me to PLL things up again. On that show, "A", the mysterious text sender, is the girls' frenemy. He/she wants to play with the girls, but won't let anyone else ruin their lives, and has often saved them from trouble because he/she wants to keep playing with them. Maybe whoever ran over Chuck is the same. He/she knew that Chuck was gonna get the girls sent to jail, and ran him down to keep that from happening in order to continue playing sick games with the ladies. But that's probably not the case, considering that no other note has showed up yet.

that's actually a good theory. Maybe another letter will come up which will prove that Chuck didn't send the first one which will still propel the over arching mystery forward

Edie70

[36]Dec 5, 2011
    Well, seems I was quite accurate with my prediction.

DH only got 8.09 million and 2.6 demo. Source: tvbythenumbers.com

Zazawie

[37]Dec 5, 2011

Ratings:

down 14% vs last episode with a 2.6 A18-49 and 8.089 million viewers, 2x a series low.

Once Upon a Time was down too, so combined with the break, I think this was to be expected.

@Edie70: you beat me to it.Tongue out

Edited on 12/05/2011 8:49am

NiallB31

[38]Dec 5, 2011
    • level: 8

I cant wait to see what the new year bring for the shows ratings. I think we may see a few 6 millions somewhere down the line.Cry

Edie70

[39]Dec 5, 2011
    Zazawie: Sorry But still ... this is kind of sad. What the hell is going to happen when DH returns after 5 weeks in January and then airs against those huge award shows? This is not good. Also "Once Upon a Time" seems to be slipping.

Zazawie

[40]Dec 5, 2011

^^I loved OUAT when it started, but I feel like the story isn't really progressing enough. Episode 5 with the sinkhole felt like filler to me and the large amount of bad CGI is really starting to bother me.

It kind of reminds me of Lost: decent acting and tolerable story, but a bad CGI job might ruin an episode. (to give an example in Lost, spoiler free). I still can't believe they ever let that in the episode.Tongue out

But this was off topic, sorry. Let's get back on topic and discuss the episodeLaughing

Edited on 12/05/2011 9:44am
    Edited 2 total times.