Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

8.09 - "Putting It Together" Episode Discussion

What did you think of the winter finale?

NiallB31

[61]Feb 28, 2012
    • level: 8

Karen: "Basically you are me, 35 years ago"

Renee: "So, this is my future."

Season 8 is really on a roll. Ever since the halloween episode each episode has gotten better.

Bree: I feel really sorry for her. In trying to do something good, her whole life falls apart. Marcia Cross is brilliant in every scene. I felt in season 7 she was getting nothing to do and now the writers have finally given her one damn good storyline. And that last scene in the motel was perfect and a bit creepy when Mary Alice said 'Im not unhappy.'

Gabby: The scene that did it for me was on the porch of the house talking to Chuck. And the scene in the councelling room was funny. I think Eva could do half hor comedy after the show ends. She is brillinat at stuff like that. And also the serious stuff too.

Lynette: Balancing her break up, raising the kids and the murder cover up and still looks great. I feel Lynette is having a very hard time dealing with everything that is going on in her life. And now that Tom knows I cant wait to see wher this goes.

Susan: Susan had an ok week this week, I think. Wanting ti run away from the problem is normal but I cant see her doing it. I dint really have much to say about her this week.

Renee: I like that she kind of has a stable storyline with Ben and the scene with Ms. McCluskey was brilliant.

Chuck: Whoever ran him down, thank You. Chuck has been really getting on my nerves lately. He does make the show very enjoyable to watch and I like that he is harassing the girls but I don't like people harassing the ladies.

And what a cliffhanger... We all know she will be alright, but you do think she would go throuhg with it.

Overall, 8x09 was a brilliant episode. I really hope that the rest of the season continues to be just as good as these last few episodes.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mully

[62]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 6
    The end of this episode still haunts me. I watch it over and over on Youtube. I feel where Bree is coming from here. I, myself, have been in a similar situation ( no, I didn't see a hallucination of a dead friend) but I decided it wasn't worth it. Every time I watch it though, I'm thrust right back into that scenario. I consider this the best and most personal scene in the entire show to me.

Edie70

[63]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 19
    Mully: I know what you mean. Coincidentally I have been there too. With a handful of strong pills and Whiskey bottle.

RenatoB

[64]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 43
    Wow... all I can say is I'm glad you guys made it out of that... place. And I seriously hope neither of you ever have to go through that again.

Edie70

[65]Apr 5, 2012
    Thanks for your kind words. It was in March 2011 when my drinking problem got out of hand. I think I never actually intended to end it but I was only curious to see myself being pushed to the breaking point. Weird and self-destructing too. Thank God that dark period is gone.

mully

[66]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 6
    Agreed. I don't think I was really wanting to do it, I was just curious. It was a dark time: Drinking too much, being promiscuous, estranged from my friends. Glad it's all behind both of us.

Edie70

[67]Apr 5, 2012

mully wrote:
    Agreed. I don't think I was really wanting to do it, I was just curious. It was a dark time: Drinking too much, being promiscuous, estranged from my friends. Glad it's all behind both of us.
    THIS EXACTLY. Yeah, I guess we are better off now. Best wishes to US!Laughing