Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

8.14 - "Get Out of My Life" Episode Discussion

Best thing about this episode?

Zazawie

[1]Feb 18, 2012
    • level: 19

This Sunday, February 19th, 2012, at 9/8c, ABC will premiere the 14th episode of the 8th and final season of Desperate Housewives, titled "Get Out of My Life". The episode is written by Cindy Appel and directed by James Hayman. You can discuss it here after watching.

Bree was given an STD by one of the many men she slept with and now, supported by Orson, she'll make some calls to inform her former lovers. Mrs. McCluske kicks Roy out of the house, who then moves in with Gaby. Porter and Preston try to get back into their Lynette's house, as Susan finds out who's the father of her granddaughter. Mike informs Renee of Ben's illegal activities.

Guest stars include Charlie and Max Carver as the Scavo twins, Orson Bean as Roy, Sal Landi as loanshark Donny, Robert Pine as Dr. Delson and Mike Foy as Skeevey Guy. Both Andrea Bowen (Julie) and Kyle MacLachlan (Orson) come back for their 85th appearance.

Supporting regulars Kathryn Joosten (Mrs. McCluskey) and Daniella Baltodano (Celia) appear.

Edited on 02/18/2012 3:48am
    Edited 4 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RenatoB

[2]Feb 18, 2012
    • level: 43
    I can't wait, I know this episode will be extra juicy. Porter's the babydaddy, Karen's cancer, Orson and Julie again, plus that big boom... I just hope Roy with the kids makes me laugh more than Juanita's story in the last episode, I thought it was gonna be funnier than it was. Since they're giving us filler crap, it better be funny crap.

Edie70

[3]Feb 19, 2012
    • level: 19

I liked 8.13, but somehow I feel this will be a lot better and more than just a filler.

DH-Weirdo

[4]Feb 19, 2012
    • level: 7
    I thought 8.13 was a bit slow, though the ending was amazing!

RenatoB

[5]Feb 19, 2012
    I fricking loved 8.13, despite being bored by Gaby's story. I thought it was gonna be hilarious, despite the filler status, but it really wasn't, and then them switching the whole thing to make it about Carlos being gone... I dunno, it's just been done to death, it reaked of Penny in 6.16.

RenatoB

[6]Feb 19, 2012
    BTW, I love the option about "Bree's Burning Bacteria"! XP

StylishCandy

[7]Feb 19, 2012
    • level: 5

oh my god. what an awesome episode.

and holy crapp, i can't believe the ending :O so...i'm kinda surprised, kinda not surprised at who sent the notes. but that ending was so creepy.

evafan2005

[8]Feb 19, 2012
    • level: 18

Well Bree didn't have an STD but WOW!!!! This was an INCREDIBLE episode!! I think at this point, we clearly know Orson and Bree won't be getting back together. Halfway through the episode I texted my friend "I'm starting to think Orson was the one behind the note" and what do you know?? I find it so creepy that he's been stalking her for so long, but now the main question is why? I am fully confident that we will get those answers soon but I just can't wait!!! It's killing me! He's also clearly the one who killed Chuck, everything just fell into place just like Orson said about the sauce coming together. AMAZING!

I'm thinking that they've decided to make Orson a bad guy this year, as a throwback to what their original plans were for Season 3, with Orson being a bad guy and screwing Bree over. Thoughts on that?

I'll discuss the rest tomorrow but for now..WOW. DH proved tonight that it still has it, knocked it out of the park! I'm just sad we only have 7 episodes and then the finale (which now confirms 23 episodes)

StylishCandy

[9]Feb 19, 2012

^ oh yeah, i totally forgot about the STD thing! that's weird, because it wasn't just a spoiler/rumor like with the lee thing last week, but wasn't it in the press release? oh well, this was better

i didn't even notice earlier that he said to the girls "when i was driving by..." xD

evafan2005

[10]Feb 19, 2012

Yes, this was WAY better. I just checked the press release and there was no mention of an STD so I have no idea where that came from. But this was way better than an STD storyline that's for sure!

Endoplasmic888

[11]Feb 19, 2012
    No closing narration?

evafan2005

[12]Feb 19, 2012

It was done by Orson this week.

RenatoB

[13]Feb 19, 2012
    Endoplasmic888 wrote:
    No closing narration?

Orson provided the closing narration, perhaps even mirroring that conducted by his first wife in episode 3.11. Awesome.

I FRICKING LOVED THE ENDING! I WAS SO SHOCKED! I knew Orson was stalking Bree, but I had no idea that was related to the notes, I thought he was a red herring... I always assumed it was Zach Young. I'm also shocked at how soon the revelation came, I don't think any of us was counting on seeing it unveiled so soon.

So, Orson killed Chuck? Dear Lord, he's a monster! And I am now more interested in him than ever!

More on the episode in a few hours, too tired now.

evafan2005

[14]Feb 19, 2012

Yeah he def. had to have killed Chuck....it was the same style as Mike's hit and run which was also Orson. Clearly he has the experience

MauricioMaranto

[15]Feb 19, 2012
    • level: 3

Me at the end of the episode

stellarchick86

[16]Feb 19, 2012
    • level: 32

This was an awesome episode!! Id give it a 9.5/10. So many things to comment on...

Bree/Orson: First, Ive been thinking it was Orson for a while now and then when Orson kept Bree away from her friends, it kind of clicked together. There was also a pic on the spoiler page which looked like Kyle and I couldnt imagine it being anyone else. I also figured it was him because I figure that he will try to put Bree in jail for making him go to jail back in s5 or whenever that was. I have a feeling hes going to trick her by blindfolding her on the way to the "cabin" to make it more romantic and then he's going to do something bad, the girls will find out and then feel guilty. Could be wrong though. I do have to say that I find it very contrived that he just happened to be there EVERY single time that they were doing something about this but whatever. I wonder how this is all going to play out.

Julie/Lynette/Susan: As much as I cant really believe Julie just sleeping with Porter, I really enjoyed this SL. I have a feeling Julie will end up keeping the baby afterall and it will be a nice way for 2/4 main females to be family rather than just friends. It sucks that this is the last season because it would be really interesting to see Lynette and Susan butt heads over this in the future. I also really liked Lynettes speech to Porter and Susans speech to Julie. I liked how they had polar opposite opinions on it yet was still very much in character. Id gladly take this over Lynette feeling down about Tom and watching Susan paint with her teacher any day.

Gabby/RoyMcclusky: It was a little filler and like somthing we've seen a million times before (Gabby doesnt want to do a good thing. Once Gabby realizes good thing will benefit her, she does it. Once good thing wants to leave, Gabby tricks good thing to stay. Gabby feels guilty over it and [eventually] she will let good thing leave) but it was entertaining enough. Roy is so adorable. I also enjoyed the scene with Karen in the doctor's office. They usually dont give Karen very meaty SLs so I am looking forward to seing this [hopefully] continue. Also liked that they finally showed Carlos too.

Renee/Mike/Ben/Loan-shark guy: Im going to be honest, I really dont care about Ben that much so I found this SL pretty boring. Im not like "oh my gosh- whats going to happen next!" The highlight for me was the Rene/Mike scene since those 2 dont usually share many scenes, the explosion scene since they are actually giving James Denton something to do, and the loan shark guy scene in Renes house was creeping me out a bit lol.

Edited on 02/19/2012 9:20pm
    Edited 2 total times.

StylishCandy

[17]Feb 19, 2012

susan: well...i can understand susan. it -is- her grandchild, her first one, who is just going to be adopted by someone. but i also can understand julie, since her mother put her nose in her business, her decision, again. it was nice to see the coffee cup again.

lynette: lynette's reaction to finding out porter was julie's babydaddy was hilarious. but that's all i can really say.

gabby: wow, gabby was really selfish here but poor mrs. mccluskey! i feel so bad for her kind of a filler(gabby's story, that is), but it'll obviously progress into something else.

bree: first off, bree has really been stealing the show this season xD i was really confused in the middle, because i didn't know whether or not the girls had called him (i was pretty sure they didn't, but idk it was just confusing), but wow. his character hasturned into something insane. and he killed chuck! D: (one stalker killed another stalker? :/) (although i wonder why they didn't show that in the flashbacks. hmm.) gotta say, though, didn't the girls + carlos notice a car in thestreet, or in the woods?that ending is so, so, so creepy, though, and the narrationsfitted it. and yeah, so i guess bree and orson won't be getting back together

the only thing i'm a little worried about is that if orson leaves the show soon, there won't be any sort of mystery left. we know who the stalker, murderer of chuck and the note sender is.if they bring a newmystery in, i might not be as interested. so i hope that they don't just drop this after the next few episodes.

edit; totally forgot about ben/renée/mike, though i liked the storyline. renée better watch her back, though... :/ wasn't expecting it to be ben who lit the construction site on fire.

Edited on 02/19/2012 9:31pm

marto_dd

[18]Feb 19, 2012
    • level: 17

So the idea of bringing Orson back was to make him looks like a complete psycho, to strip him of any humanity and dignity the character had left and make him the villain of the story?

Fvck it, this is a disgrace. Orson stalked Bree in season 4, but he was never George. Now he is.

And I am really sorry I stayed with the show for so many years.

StylishCandy

[19]Feb 19, 2012

^ well...i would've liked bree/orson to get back together, but in all fairness this is way more exciting than them just being a couple.

...obviously losing to keith made him more than just a bit bitter

Mattsterzz

[20]Feb 19, 2012

Godness gracious Orson! Your my favourite guy in the series!Talk about sabotage, talking about sabotage, that shouldnt have been the episode's theme. I was so angry at Gabby in this episode! I felt so sorry for McKluskey and Roy, they looked so sad Cry. Im was pleasantly surprised that Porter wanted to keep the baby, showing how much he has grown up. I noticed that this episode was sorta weird, first off their was no ending narration (who cares though), new music (sounds like Season 1), and some odd comedy. Weirdly, this episode didnt make me jump up and down, even after watching the last episode gave me more of a thrill, but iknow in a couple of days i will feel it. For about the last 10 mins, i felt like crying, there were some touchy moments. But, in this episode they made no mention that Orson killed Chuck (they said it was the same person who wrote the letter), so i'm going back to who I originally thought ran over Chuck. I know with the ending of the note mystery, its the end to one of this seasons main mysteries! It makes me think how little time we have left. Overall, wow (but not WOW) 8/10. (But i presume i will come back and change that score)