Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

8.17 - "Women and Death" Episode Discussion

How would you rate this episode

RenatoB

[61]Mar 21, 2012
    • level: 43
    Exactly, and I think that what made them decide on that was really Maiara Walsh. Maybe Dana's early exit helped as well.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Edie70

[62]Mar 21, 2012
    • level: 19
    Lol, Nicollette also missed many episodes - 8 in season 1, 6 in season 2, 2 in season 4 & 4 in season 5 but shey got always paid for them (or her scenes got cut for time sometimes) and she was getting 25k for S1, 50 for S2, 125k for S3, 150k for S4 & 175k in S5 + she was supposed to get 200 in S6 & 250k in S7. Poor woman she was really robbed of a loads of cash!! But she is still getting money from syndication and DVDs - made 62k last year on it.

MohammedHasan2

[63]Mar 21, 2012
    • level: 4

Wow, the show paid its actors very well. Do you know how much the other actors/ actresses were paid over the past 8 years?

Zazawie

[64]Mar 21, 2012

Wasn't it something like 400k per housewife two years ago, or something like that. I know they're the best paid women in television.

Edited on 03/21/2012 6:48am

RenatoB

[65]Mar 21, 2012
    Yes, it was, only Hugh Laurie and Kiefer Sutherland were paid better, I remember reading an article that said that. Now I wonder: what about Charlie Sheen? I mean, he got like a million bucks for each episode of his terrible show, right? But he wasn't mentioned.

RenatoB

[66]Mar 21, 2012
    I wonder how much Brenda is paid...

Edie70

[67]Mar 21, 2012
    I have been wondering about her checks too. For a long time ... I bet it is not that much. Maybe 100k now? Who know lol at least she made some bucks on Dallas lol. But I do wonder about Dana & Vanessa. Vanessa is much more of a household name than both Dana and Nicollette. She must be getting at least 150-200k.

RenatoB

[68]Mar 21, 2012
    I watched that VH1 special about the fabulous lives of the DH ladies a long time ago, and I remember Teri got paid over 200k per episode, whereas the other women, including Nicollette, got around 175k for each episode, and that was for season 2.

Edie70

[70]Mar 21, 2012
    Cannot be true. The 4 leads are only getting 325,000 this year+residual payments from syndication, streaming and DVD ever since 2008. I know this for sure because it was presented during the Cherry/Sheridan trial a few weeks ago. They also claimed there was always a noticeable gap between her salary and theirs. ABC lawyers also claimed she was not a main character. But why would they include her on DVDs, promos, photoshoots etc. ....? Nicollette then said that Cherry & ABC decided to put her in Supporting Character category for Emmys and Golden Globes so she does not have to compete with the other ladies and would have a better chance of winning.

RenatoB

[73]Mar 21, 2012
    Dennis, click only once. I remember that, during that VH1 special, an image of Teri popped up with a cheque reading 200+ thou, and then another cheque came up and the other four names showed up, and each got the same salary, but maybe VH1 got it wrong? But yeah, that was what it said.

RenatoB

[74]Mar 21, 2012
    VH1 also said they were each offered a car after season 1 ended.

Edie70

[75]Mar 21, 2012
    VH1 is no PBS. They are tabloid-oriented. But the car thing is very possible, because networks do that when their shows get these kinds of ratings. And they hit 30 million at the time :-) but Nicollette only got flowers after she raised ratings in Nov 2004 after her Football appearance as naked Edie seducing a player in the locker room lol. 24 to 27.5 million which is a big bump.

Edie70

[76]Mar 21, 2012
    Sorry about those messages bef ore :-D I already deleted them, kinda slow connection today.

Zazawie

[77]Mar 21, 2012

Felicity live-tweeted during the last episode and she finally acknowledged Teri did something good, hurray!Laughing

Although half of her posts are about Eva being beautiful, though. But still, two tweets for Teri!Tongue out

Edie70

[78]Mar 21, 2012
    Wouldn't be Felicity if she didn't talk about Eva. I still think it looks like Junior High on the set. 3 of them taking pictures, laughing, hugging and Teri standing alone meters away from them. She never mentions them nowadays. Even the new pictures she posted on fb included only her TV family.

RenatoB

[79]Mar 21, 2012
    She even referred to her as Ms. Hatcher, didn't she? How formal. Well, it wouldn't make sense not to show respect for Teri's work in this episode, she was superbly natural and heartbreaking. I want to believe that theory about, well, not everyone necessarily having to be best friends. You know, how maybe they all get along great, it's just that Felicity, Marcia and Eva formed a stronger bond just coincidentally. By the way, why didn't Bree get her very own Mike flashbacks? That was odd... granted, she had more stuff to do in the present than the other ladies at the funeral home, but still... maybe she hates Teri and thus hates Jamie by default? MWAHAHAH I always go there.

Zazawie

[80]Mar 21, 2012
    ^^I was actually glad Mike wasn't involved. His "savior' status in Lynette's and Gaby's flashbacks was worse enough. Yes, it was supposed to be a memorial episode for Mike and Bree's flashbacks kind of just were there, but imo they were the best, partly because Mike wasn't featured in them.