Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

8.19 - "With So Little to Be Sure Of" Episode Discussion

So... thoughts?

shenbrat

[21]Mar 30, 2012
    • level: 8

Any character trait or flaw Tom found hard to take in Lynette is shining through in Jane.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Edie70

[22]Mar 31, 2012
    • level: 19
    Wow, they released so many sneak peeks so close to the series finale, weird. Not that I am watching them although I am tempted but I can and will wait 2 more days to rather see those in an actual episode.

RenatoB

[23]Mar 31, 2012
    • level: 43
    I have to say I am actually not even tempted to watch them, and I don't know why. Before the last episode aired, I shared with you guys that I wasn't the least bit excited about it. But I loved the episode, at first sight, no less. Still, I'm finding myself nonchalant about the rest of the season. Which is good, I suppose.

Edie70

[24]Mar 31, 2012
    • level: 19
    That is only for the best Renato, at least the huge 4 week gap in April won't affect you.

RenatoB

[25]Mar 31, 2012
    ^^Here's hoping it doesn't.

joeyazzi

[26]Apr 1, 2012
    • level: 6

I love the fact that there are already 26 messages in this forum even before the episode airs Tongue out HAHA I'm looking forward to this episode btw!

Hamzie

[27]Apr 1, 2012
    • level: 9
    Love toe poll option
    "I stopped caring for this show when Mary Alice died. "

Not a bad episode I thought, though I dont see why they are playing with mike's past.

stellarchick86

[28]Apr 1, 2012
    • level: 32

I really liked this episode

Ive always been on the fence about Jane but tonight I really didnt like her. It was obvious that she brought the papers over to get rid of Lynette quickly. Lynette still shouldnt have thrown that stuff at her though. What is this, high school?

I really enjoyed Susans SL. I actually figured that Mike sent some money for a 'big brother' kind of situation. So then when Susan looks back at how they had money troubles and what not, she may say something about how selfish he was, but then Julie would remind her about how hes actually being a great guy to help someone who is less fortunate. It would be a way to prop up Mike even though hes dead, once more. So the Autistic sister thing kind of threw me for a loop. It made sense though in the end since I figured that Julie would keep her daughter and they need a way to get from point A to point B.

Gabbys SL I also loved. I hated how selfish she was in the beginning when it came to Carlos going to jail, but other than that I enjoyed it a ton

Bree's SL was also pretty good. I enjoyed the first scene with the lawyer

Also, where is Karen Mclusky? Im going to assume she will die closer to the finale, but still, its weird for no one to go over and say anything to her

Gah- another month!!

Edited on 04/01/2012 10:23pm

RenatoB

[29]Apr 1, 2012
    This episode disappointed me a bit, it was rather tame compared to the previous installments... I found it, most of all, really predictable, except for when Murphy faked evidence, didn't see that coming. :O I haven't hated a character this much since George Williams back in season 2. And I hated how they ended the episode with him referring to Bree as a bitch who he wanted locked up... when they did exactly that two episodes ago. What the hell? Also, Mary Alice's teaser voice-over... I'm fairly confident it's been done before too. Maybe 2.10? I don't know, the whole episode fell a little flat out of predictability and repetition.

RenatoB

[30]Apr 1, 2012
    The story I enjoyed the most was Lynette's, it broke my heart when she signed the divorce papers. Didn't ever occur to me that would happen at that very moment, so I guess that's another thing that surprised me. And I felt bad for Jane too, when Tom lashed out at her. All actors involved did a fine job in this episode.

Did not care for Trip. I thought I was gonna like him better.

MohammedHasan2

[31]Apr 2, 2012
    • level: 4

I didn't really like it. I mean, for episode so close to the finale, I thought it would be better. Like, they didn't really carry the mystery forward, expect for the detective guy faking one piece of evidence, and Bree hiring this lawyer guy. It was a funny episode, but nothing special, just another filler episode, which isn't good, cause 2 filler episodes in a row, is annoying. And, we only saw Renee for the first few minutes again this episode. I think we've seen Jane more this season, than Renee!

Nothing special about Bree's storyline, just that she hired a good Lawyer, but Bree had some funny moments in this episode. I liked her story this week, much more than last week. It would have made more sense to hire Bob as her lawyer, cause Tom already told him everything in 8x10. I liked that the new lawyer, could sense, Bree was hiding something, but she will eventually have to tell him.

Susan's storyline would have been more interesting, if I didn't know that, Mike's sister was autistic. I would have preferred, Mike having a secret family somewhere, that would really make it quite juicy, but this was nice too, and I like how Mike will continue to be remembered as a good guy. At the end though, I would have liked Susan interacting more with the autistic sister.

I can't believe we've spent an entire season, with Lynette trying to keep the marriage together. Like, Lynette was crying in the car about splitting with Tom, like 12 episodes ago! And, that scene, where someone's backing up their car, and Lynette has to abruptly stop - I don't know if anyone else noticed, but the Ford car that honked at Lynette, was actually the same car Lynette was driving in 8x07. Anyways, Tom really needs to get rid of Jane. She has no right to sign the divorce papers, and then just give them to Lynette But that scene at the end, was nice, that Tom will always care for Lynette.

And, Gabby's story was quite funny and enjoyable, but she just forgot about Bree, later in the episode. Seriously, you'd think the ladies would be more worried about Bree, knowing, that she could go to prison taking the blame for them, or if the truth comes out, they all could go to prison. And, I can understand why Carlos was angry, but it was his decision to quit his job.

Overall 7.5/10, which is low for me, cause I usually rate episodes 9+.

Edited on 04/01/2012 11:37pm

MohammedHasan2

[32]Apr 2, 2012
    RenatoB wrote:
    And I hated how they ended the episode with him referring to Bree as a bitch who he wanted locked up... when they did exactly that two episodes ago. What the hell?

I know!! We've been seeing this fat detective ending 3 episodes in a row! Each episode, he gets more evidence against Bree, but besides that, its like the story hasn't progressed from 8x17, with the exception of Bree getting arrested.

Mattsterzz

[33]Apr 2, 2012
    • level: 7

Not so good, sorta disappointed. The sneak peeks looked really juicy, but it wasnt so good. There was only one SL that I liked. I like Trip (worst name ever), I honestly warming up to him, and I'll probably wont mind them being together. Hey! In the promo it looks like Frank's back! Bree's was average, Gabby's was boring, Susan's needed more spice (I'm still enjoying Julie being back), and I loved the end when Julie changed her mind and I loved how they were talking about Adele. Lynette's was the best of the night, I loved it all, especially Tom and Jane's fight, and Lynette's breakdown in the car. Overall, the episode needed some more spice, probably the most lame episode since 8x11. 7/10

Edited on 04/02/2012 12:29am

MohammedHasan2

[34]Apr 2, 2012
    Mattsterzz wrote:
    Hey! In the promo it looks like Frank's back!

haha, I thought the same, so I watched the promo online, and it wasn't Frank, but some guy that's Tom's boss.

MarkoTodorovi

[35]Apr 2, 2012
    GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

MohammedHasan2

[36]Apr 2, 2012
    Well, according to the overnights, the episode got early numbers of 6.3/10, which are equal to the episode one year ago, which got 9.05 million viewers.

NovemberRose

[37]Apr 2, 2012
    • level: 7
    I found it very good. Pretty much a set up episode for the final storylines of the series.

evafan2005

[38]Apr 2, 2012
    • level: 18

RenatoB wrote:
    The story I enjoyed the most was Lynette's, it broke my heart when she signed the divorce papers. Didn't ever occur to me that would happen at that very moment, so I guess that's another thing that surprised me. And I felt bad for Jane too, when Tom lashed out at her. All actors involved did a fine job in this episode. Did not care for Trip. I thought I was gonna like him better.

You felt bad for Jane? Really? I mean, I know you've always been a fan of her character and all but she REALLY crossed the line last night and deserved everything that Tom said to her. His reasons for not rushing through everything with the papers made absolute sense to me, and Jane had NO business trying to take matters into her own hands. Don't get me wrong, I totally respect your opinion and you're entitled to think what you want, it just surprised me that you had sympathy for her.

With that said, Detective Murphy is an annoying bumbling fool, who probably had the hots for Chuck and that's why he's going to such extremes to get Bree busted. And the Mexican detective is obviously a moron for actually buying that Bree's address magically popped up onto the map after he had already looked at it.

And to Mohammed, Lynette was in the car that was backing up so that's the reason it looked like the same carTongue out

Desperate-Fan

[39]Apr 2, 2012

How anyone can feel bad for Jane after what she did to Lynette is beyond me.

Edited on 04/02/2012 8:24am

shenbrat

[40]Apr 2, 2012
    • level: 8
    I don't necessarily want to see bad things happen to Jane, but she's the one who took up with a married man. I laughed when she said this isn't what she signed up for. Take up with a single man, not a guy with attachments.