ABC (ended 2012)

8.19 - "With So Little to Be Sure Of" Episode Discussion

So... thoughts?

Edie70

[61]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 19
    Final ratings from TVbytheNumbers.com:

9:00 ABC Desperate Housewives - 2.6/6 in A18-49; 8.49 million viewers
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

evafan2005

[62]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 18

Yeah my mom has been pretty annoyed with how ALL of the characters have been handled this season. She said "instead of destroying the set, they're destroying the characters!"...she hasn't been into this season very much at all.

StylishCandy

[63]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 5

this episode wasn't great, but i still liked it better than 8x18 (which i didn't mind, either) but they are definitely not as good as 8x08-8x16 were.

i am confused as to why bree doesn't turn orson in for running over chuck. i mean, there's no proof that he did it, but looking into it you might find that he doesn't have an alibi, and he has a car that matches the description, etcetc. or why aren't the police interested in orson's letter and how he knows so much? not just who was killed, but also where the body was buried and who killed him. i know they have a personal vendetta against bree but...the policeare just really, really stupid so i guess it bothers me

Desperate-Fan

[64]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 4
    evafan2005 wrote:

Yeah my mom has been pretty annoyed with how ALL of the characters have been handled this season. She said "instead of destroying the set, they're destroying the characters!"...she hasn't been into this season very much at all.

Yeah, I agree with that, it's like they've thrown a lot of character development down the drain and they're just ripping them apart.

mully

[65]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 6
    I feel like the only characters that they've really messed with a lot this season have been Lynette and Tom. Oh and Orson, of course. I still kind of hate how he inexplicably turned into George Williams somehow. But they really have sort of tarnished Lynette and Tom a lot. I just don't find Tom very likable anymore and Lynette's attempts to get him back have made her no so likable anymore either. The only reason I really want them back together at this point is in the hopes that they'll return to the old Lynette and Tom for the finale.

StylishCandy

[66]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 5

^ lynette and tom's character kind of started to get ruined last season, in my opinion, but you're right - lynette's been ridiculously controlling and annoying this season, while tom's just been kind of unlikeable. orson just turned into a complete pyschopath, and i think carlos has been ruined with the drinking and theannoying lack of not knowing what he wants, plusthe fact that he wanted to quit his high-paying job fora low-paying job with no benefits (that he doesn't even have, yet!) but still be the breadwinner just kinda shows the DH writers are determined to shake things up, even if they have to kind of go out of character and/or ruin their personality.

60sTVfan

[67]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 1

I pretty much enjoyed this episode. I was thinking the worst about what Mike's secret was and it turned out to be very poignant. I'm wondering if Carlos might be rethinking his decision to quit his job considering the role reversal between him and Gabby. I hate Jane and I hope her meddling comes back to kick her in the ass and out of her relationship with Tom. I've never seen any chemistry between Tom and Jane at all. To me she has the personality of a cardboard cutout - lo! Bree's storyline is developing quite nicely and it'll be interesting to see how it ends. The actions of that police detective just might bite him in the ass!

60sTVfan

[68]Apr 3, 2012

Edie70 wrote:
    Final ratings from TVbytheNumbers.com: 9:00 ABC Desperate Housewives - 2.6/6 in A18-49; 8.49 million viewers

I wonder how much of the CMA took away form the ratings for DH and I wonder what the stats for Live+SD and Live+7 will add to those numbers.

MohammedHasan2

[69]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 4
    Edie70 wrote:
    I love the way he wants to destroy Bree because his dummy friend got dumped by her and it is obvious he hates her and takes this investigation personally. What a dumbass. Yeah, Carlitos was annoying but I get where he is coming from, I think he even regrets his stupid decision to quit a high profile job with a great salary. Who the hell does that in this economy?

haha, I think I don't like him, cause I hate the way he looks ,and acts. Carlos was acting wierd; like he was worried about hiring a expensive lawyer, and eating at a restaurant. That's silly. I mean, in season 5, we were told he was getting a six or seven figure salary, and surely they must have saved some of their money. I don't see, how they don't have enough money anymore to go out to a restaurant!

Edie70

[70]Apr 3, 2012
    Exactly. That was unlogical. How the hell would Gaby spend almost all of that 6-figure salary every month? She is shopping but not that much of late. I thought they had saved up a good amount. Hmmm.

mully

[71]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 6
    A convenient plot device, I guess.

stellarchick86

[72]Apr 4, 2012
    • level: 32
    Edie70 wrote:
    Exactly. That was unlogical. How the hell would Gaby spend almost all of that 6-figure salary every month? She is shopping but not that much of late. I thought they had saved up a good amount. Hmmm.

Maybe she doesnt shop as much as she did in s1-4 but now they have 2 kids? I really dont know...

Edie70

[73]Apr 4, 2012
    Maybe they spent it on food for those 2 little monsters xD

stellarchick86

[74]Apr 4, 2012
    • level: 32
    ^Hahah I was kind of thinking the same thing. Lots of candy haha.

Edie70

[75]Apr 4, 2012
    Well, really seems like a plot hole right now.

MrAwesomeness

[76]Apr 4, 2012

I disagree with most of you on here about the Tom/Lynette realationship here. I love the fact that they separated nd that Jane entered the picture because after last season I really do believe that they needed a break nd rediscover why made them fall in love with each other! It is very realistic from my point of view & the same with my friends. I think that Tom finding Jane tht soon was REALISTIC cause he is a GUY! It's easier for the guy in most cases than the female. What would be unbelievable & just stupid is if he hooked up with a bimbo nd not a woman of his level, someone with depth like Jane. I also think with Jane the dynamic won't work because he needs a Lynette to show him when he's wrong nd stand up 2 him, yes she's a bit controlling but her back story growing up explains that & what we have been witnessing this season is her trying to get over it & that is whats happening! Now Lynette finally realized that she might lose her man nd is doing everything she can to get her man back because they are meant to be & if you think she is too shcemey remember this is a show about DESPERATE woman & I applaud her for trying to do everything in her power to remind tom that she's the woman that he really loves nd is meant to be with!