Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

8.20 - "Lost My Power" Episode Discussion

Zazawie

[1]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 19

Tonight, Sunday April 29th, 2012, Desperate Housewives returns for its final streak of episodes with episode 20 of the eight and final season (177th overall), entitled "Lost My Power". The episode was written by Wendy Mericle and directed by David Grossman.

As Susan helps MJ build a car for the soapbox derby, a wealthy woman (guest star Doris Roberts) hires Gaby to become her personal shopper. Bree's attorney (guest star Scott Bakula) discovers her behavior hasn't been spotless and needs her to come clean. these last few months. Lynette tries to cause some trouble between Tom and Jane by flirting with his boss and getting him to pile more work on her estranged husband. Finally, Renee discovers Ben's secret about Alejandro's death.

Guest stars include Doris Roberts as Doris, Scott Bakula as Trip Weston, Darcy Rose Byrnes as Penny Scavo, Daniella Baltodano as Celia, Mason Vale Cotton as MJ, Andrea Parker as Jane, Kevin Rahm as Lee, Tuc Watkins as Bob and Reed Diamond as Gregg.

Edited on 04/29/2012 7:19am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MarkoTodorovi

[2]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 4
    I can not wait tonight's episode: D

RenatoB

[3]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 43
    I actually can... I find that I've been so meh when waiting for this episode. I'm actually more excited about the new "Once Upon a Time" ep. I feel like a traitor.

Endoplasmic888

[4]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 7
    I don't know about you guys but I actually enjoy Trip's character. I just don't like his role as a love interest for Bree. But as a lawyer I really enjoy seeing him.

Edie70

[5]Apr 29, 2012
    RenatoB wrote:
    I actually can... I find that I've been so meh when waiting for this episode. I'm actually more excited about the new "Once Upon a Time" ep. I feel like a traitor.
    You are not alone. For that ( Regina and Mr. gold lover here ), The Big C and even for GCB I am more excited than for DH. Strange, isn't it???

evafan2005

[6]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 18

Is it me, or is the lighting in this episode different?

Edie70

[7]Apr 29, 2012
    evafan2005 wrote:

Is it me, or is the lighting in this episode different?

I found myself wondering the same thing, it seems brighter than usual and the mix of the colors is ... way off

evafan2005

[8]Apr 29, 2012

Yeah, it was different for sure. Kinda like the first few episodes of this season. And the promo for next week's episode actually made me a bit emotonal!

Marmalade11

[9]Apr 29, 2012
    • level: 10
    I did not like this episode......for one of the episodes closer to the finale, it was bad.

I don't get why we're having Bree get a love interest this late into the series, I would have much preferred for her to be single.

Gaby's plot was stupid, I am so tired of this dreadful plot with Carlos and his 'change' to help the less fortunate.

Lynette's scheming ways to split Tom and Jane was interesting, but we all know where that's going to go. Tom will break up with Jane, back out of going to Mumbai and get back with Lynette.. calling it.

Wanted more Ben/Renee. Susan's plot was boring but I liked how she and MJ interacted and how the men gathered to help make the car.

The only highlight of this episode was how the camera focused on Ben's butt during the car-making scene.

Edie70

[10]Apr 29, 2012
    LOL at Ben's butt being the highlight of this epsiode, well ... I didn't like it. It felt totally off. There was not a single time I'd laugh ... only giggled about 2 or 3 times (!!!) and once was when Carlos danced and then when Doris Roberts said cumbaja and the third/well actually first time was when Gaby said to the other customer that she looked like a batman in that coat. But other than that ... meh, I couldn't care less.

Edie70

[11]Apr 29, 2012

Oh, I forgot .... Lynette's storyline - that was a joke, right??? Plus Renee & Ben's 'storyline' in this episode (well, it's a crime to actually call it a storyline, was it 2 or 3 short scenes???) was a joke for sure. There's no way in hell she'd just buzz off so quickly. She used to be way more persuasive. What happened to you Renee? The ladies over at Wisteria Lane destroyed your fierce personality??? Those aging slutsTongue out I only liked Susan in this episode, she was the only one I didn't wanna slap hard (or wallop for that matter, am I right Mr. Cherry? ) and don't even get me started on Mason Vale Cotton's acting. I think he's got some connections in the business over at the old HollyWeird little blonde bitch and his robotic acting. Even Doris Roberts and her stroke-y voice didn't save the episode for me. What a disappointment to return with such a weak episode and have only 3 after this disaster. Wendy Mericle, shame on you I know they "gang write" everything, but I guess somebody had to take the blaming credit on screen for this hot mess. Promo for 8.21 got me strangely emotional, but I am more than sure I wouldn't watch season 9 in it's premiere, I'd buy a DVD after that. Marc Cherry and his creative team better have something good up their sleeves other than promises.

evafan2005

[12]Apr 29, 2012

I thought it was okay, I'm just so anxious for the finale! not because I want the show to be over or anything (though like I've said before, it's the best time for it to be ending), but I just want to see how it all ends.

Edie70

[13]Apr 29, 2012
    You can read my review on the episode's page here on TV.com. It consists of these 2 posts and something more I am proud of myself lol. This episode shouldn't.

Mattsterzz

[14]Apr 30, 2012
    • level: 7
    Meh, 7.5. Boring, I didnt care for any of the housewives SL, and I didnt like some of the lame Australian jokes (Folks, they dont play didgeridoo's over here much). Bree, you would rather care about your image than go to Prison? Your image will look bad when your in Prison. The lunch scene reminded me too much of the scene between Chuck and Bree when they went to dinner. Overall though, I like Trip. Lynette, I could understand why you would want to sabotage Jane and tom relationship, but send Tom to INDIA and not care!!! He is the father of you children! MY GOD! Gabby, why did you have to do that to Carlos! If your not careful gabby, you'll complete the set of single housewives. Susan, I feel sorry for you. How do you deal with a kid like MJ. He is rude, but his father just died. I guess she did the right thing. I'm glad all the guys came together to help her. Especially Ben. Im looking forward to the trial next week. Im looking forward to the finale.

Edie70

[15]Apr 30, 2012
    Gaby's a woman with no brain cells. This episode only proved it, I hate that character. Only those one liners which fell pretty flat during this episode.

MarkoTodorovi

[16]Apr 30, 2012
    Not a bad episode, but it is not the best. Bree is the only thing I was interesting.

mully

[17]Apr 30, 2012
    • level: 6
    Small little detail I picked up on in an otherwise sort of boring episode: JANE FINALLY HAS A LAST NAME! -- Carlson, as uttered by Tom's boss while revealing to Lynette about Tom's imminent transfer to India. Took them long enough, and of course, we finally find this information out right before she (presumably) leaves.

joeyazzi

[18]Apr 30, 2012
    • level: 6

I disagree with everyone! I really found the episode entertaining... and I enjoyed every second of it very much! I just can't believe that there are only 2 Sundays left! Frown

MohammedHasan2

[19]Apr 30, 2012

The episode was boring. Its too slow. Its like an episode from last season, where the mystery was unfolding so slowly.

I enjoyed Bree's SL, and I'm beginning to actually like Trip, but its way too slow for an episode close to the finale.

I also enjoyed Susan's SL, but Mason had even worse acting in this episode.

I was really disappointed with Gaby's SL, and it is getting boring. But what could be interesting, is that, at the end, when Carlos was thinking about being a different person and Gaby didn't like that, could be a sign that there marriage is coming to an end. Which could prove the theory that, all the four housewives were single in the finale.

Lynette's SL was the boring as well. I'm still annoyed that every episode is the same thing. Its annoying :/ . The promo makes me feel really sad.

Zazawie

[20]Apr 30, 2012
    Dammit, just when I started to like a character, they kill him off!

Be honest, that soapbox derby car created more emotional attachement than MJ in 4 seasons. I felt really bad for Susan when he was ran over by that garbage truck, right before her eyes.

Anyone know the actor? I think he even did a better job than Lightning McQueen in "Cars", terrific acting!