Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

8.21 - "The People Will Hear" Episode Discussion

Zazawie

[1]May 5, 2012
    • level: 19

Forgive me for being sentimental, but welcome to the discussion topic for the final episode before the series finale (on which's discussion topic Renato has dibs) of Desperate Housewives, entitled "The People Will Hear". This is the 21st episode of the eight and final season, and the 178th episode of the series. It was written by Brian Tanen (2nd writing credit) and directed by David Warren, who's been on the show since the third season.

As her trial nears, Bree begins to fall for her attorney, Trip (guest star Scott Bakula); Susan becomes concerned when Julie doubts Porter's commitment to be a hands-on father to their unborn baby; as Tom gets closer to being transferred to India, Lynette begins to have second thoughts and tries to convince his boss to rescind the move. The ladies are shocked about Gaby's nonchalant attitude as Bree continues to stand trial and take the fall for Carlos in the murder of Alejandro.

Guest stars include Joshua Logan Moore as Parker Scavo, Darcy Rose Byrnes as Penny Scavo, Andrea Parker as Jane, Andrea Bowen as Julie, Kevin Rahm as Lee, Max Carver as Preston Scavo, Reed Diamong as Gregg Limon and Brit Morgan as Lindsay.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RenatoB

[2]May 5, 2012
    • level: 43
    I hope this episode is more eventful... whereas I found myself entertained all throughout 8.20, one has to acknowledge it's a very weak episode, especially this close to the series finale. I hope this one is juicier.

Zazawie

[3]May 5, 2012
    I expect Bree's trial to end in this episode, so hopefully it doesn't end with a letdown. For some reason I'm expecting the cliffhanger to be Carlos/Gaby finally taking the blame (hence the title for 8.22), but that's just a guess.

RenatoB

[4]May 5, 2012
    • level: 43
    I assumed maybe the whole story would end in 8.22, so yeah, that's a possibility.

Daniel777C

[5]May 5, 2012
    • level: 31
    There is definitely something major going down at the end of this one, seeing as how ABC is still holding out the press release for the finale.

Mgmble

[6]May 5, 2012
    • level: 7

I'm so excited for this episode, the promo made me even more curious, did anybody notice the music in the promo ?, It was weird and kinda sad sounding.

Edie70

[7]May 5, 2012
    The promo for this was beyond amazing, plus that song is perfect.

ConnectConnect

[8]May 5, 2012
    • level: 1
    I can't wait!

Daniel777C

[9]May 6, 2012
    • level: 31
    You know what I'm most looking forward to? Tonight's promo for the finale. It better be a good one.

evafan2005

[10]May 6, 2012
    • level: 18

I'm looking forward to that, too! I'm really curious to see what they'll include.

MohammedHasan2

[11]May 6, 2012
    • level: 4
    Half way through this episode and so far this episode is a little boring... :/ . Lets hope it picks up in the second half.

mully

[12]May 6, 2012
    • level: 6

I'm excited to see it tomorrow. I will definitely be stealing someone's TV at someone's house to watch the finale next week though. :p

MohammedHasan2

[13]May 6, 2012
    What!!!! There was really no cliff hanger at the end of the episode :O : O. I'll post my review later, but with no cliff hanger, and a weak episode IMO, I don't expect big ratings for the finale. The promo for this week though, makes me feel more sad :'( .

MauricioMaranto

[14]May 6, 2012
    • level: 3
    Such an incredible episode! this is what the show deserves... I'm shocked at how good this was.

and that promo for the finale made me cry.

Marmalade11

[15]May 6, 2012
    • level: 10
    MohammedHasan2 wrote:
    What!!!! There was really no cliff hanger at the end of the episode :O : O. I'll post my review later, but with no cliff hanger, and a weak episode IMO, I don't expect big ratings for the finale. The promo for this week though, makes me feel more sad :'( .

Umm, I think the cliffhanger was kind of whether or not Bree would let herself take the fall or if she would expose the truth. But I get what you're saying.

And really? I thought it was good.. I just wish Gaby had a storyline? Her "nonchalant attitude" to me is not a storyline, IMO.

stellarchick86

[16]May 6, 2012
    • level: 32
    I thought this episode was pretty good. Not the best, but not the worst. Im glad the Tom/Lynette stuff seems to finally be picking up but the actor who plays the boss is just terrible. I had to laugh at the scene where he gets rejected. Im glad that Gabby seems to finally be able to push her selfishness behind her and stand up for Bree because it was getting a bit ridiculous there. Susan/Julie's SL was pretty good, I wonder about Susan moving. And Bree's SL was very good. Im reallllllllly looking forward to the finale next week!!

Endoplasmic888

[17]May 6, 2012
    • level: 7
    What was the point of Bree being infatuated with her lawyer? That plot kinda wasn't brought up half way through her story.

kingoffheg

[18]May 7, 2012
    • level: 11

A solid episode that improves greatly on the last episode, but still disappoints as a penultimate episode.

Susan: My least favorite storyline of the night. The only meaningful part was Susan deciding to sell the house, but I just didn't care about the Julie/Porter stuff at all.

Gabby: She was barely in the episode but I loved all of her scenes. She had amazing one-liners in that scene with the dresses, and her realization at the end was predictable but sweet.

Lynette: I loved it. Yeah, Tom's boss is an awful character (and the actor is pretty damn awful too) and I felt no sympathy for Jane... her final words were poorly delivered too, I think. The misunderstanding at the end with Lee pulling Lynette's dress down at the end was really melodramatic but I loved it, it's only going to make Tom & Lynette's reunion sweeter.

Bree: I loved the opening scene and all of the scenes that didn't involve the private investigator (those felt forced to be honest). The trial scenes were all AMAZING and kept me glued to the screen. I'm glad the trial storyline didn't end with this episode, I look forward to seeing more of it.

MohammedHasan2

[19]May 7, 2012
    Marmalade11 wrote:
    MohammedHasan2 wrote:

Umm, I think the cliffhanger was kind of whether or not Bree would let herself take the fall or if she would expose the truth. But I get what you're saying.

And really? I thought it was good.. I just wish Gaby had a storyline? Her "nonchalant attitude" to me is not a storyline, IMO.

Its not that I didn't think it was good, because it was. Bree had a great SL. But, as the penultimate episode, I expected much more, and I was really expecting a big cliff hanger, but there wasn't. This episode really felt like it should have been 8x20 with the exception of Bree's SL, since that one was great for this episode. Like, I wanted a really big shocker at the end, and then a "to be continued". That would have been perfect.

MohammedHasan2

[20]May 7, 2012

Yeah kingoffheg I couldn't agree more.

Susan had a boring SL too, but it was sad that she was remembering Mike so much. That Julie and Porter thing was probably the worst SL of the episode. I really don't like the actors that play Porter and Preston.

Lynette had an ok SL. How many times will she have to realize that she was the main reason Tom left her?!? This is like the 10th time! I was happy to see Tom finally dump Jane for Lynette! Bit I'm was a little disappointed that Jane will have a sad ending. Oh well, she was annoying. Also when Tom saw Lee undressing Lynette, he thought it was another man trying to sleep with Lynette. I think its pretty obvious how Lee looks, and he's probably the most gay guy on the street. Also, I was really glad Tom punched his boss for saying those things. His boss deserved another punch for his bad acting.

Gaby's SL was good, but she really should have felt more guilty. It sad to see at the end she only brought a scarf. But it was nice that she finally understood that she was wrong when she was telling off her daughters. And where was Carlos during the episode? He should have been walking late at night with Susan and Lynette since he's always the most guilty.

Bree had the best SL, and its been like that for the whole season which is great! And another great thing about this episode, was that we didn't have to see that fat annoying detective that loved Chuck, in the episode.

And I liked that scene where Susan, Lynette and Gaby were walking out late at night, it was nice.

Overall, I'd give this episode 7/10. I would have given it 8.5 if it wasn't the penultimate episode and my expectations weren't so high. The promo looks amazing for next week. It will just be even harder for me to say good bye to the best tv show ever! .

Edited on 05/07/2012 1:24am