Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

8.22/23 - "Give Me the Blame/Finishing the Hat" Finale Discussion

Daniel777C

[1]May 6, 2012
    • level: 31

Thought I would finish the hat and steal the final episode discussion thread.

With Bree's trial approaching a shocking conclusion, Mary Alice Young delivers the final chapter of "Desperate Housewives". As Renee's wedding day is underway, not everything goes to plan; and an old friend returns to the Lane with an intriguing job opportunity for Lynette.

Guest stars include Kathryn Joosten as Karen McCluskey, Andrea Bowen as Julie Mayer, Dana Delany as Katherine Mayfair, Kevin Rahm as Lee McDermott, Tuc Watkins as Bob Hunter, Scott Bakula as Trip Weston, Orson Bean as Roy Bender, Christine Estabrook as Martha Huber and Nike Doukas as Natalie Klein.

"Give Me the Blame" was written by Bob Daily and directed by Larry Shaw. "Finishing the Hat" was written by Marc Cherry and directed by David Grossman.

Promo for the series finale can be found here.

Edited on 05/07/2012 12:30pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Endoplasmic888

[2]May 6, 2012
    • level: 7
    So I guess part 1 will be the trial and part 2 will be the wedding.

mully

[3]May 6, 2012
    • level: 6

After seeing the promo, I seriously hope the episode itself isn't too overly sappy. Yes, I understand they're all women and they hug and love each other and cry and all that, but as a guy who just happens to like the show a lot, I don't wanna see two whole hours of that kind of thing.

Very excited to see Katherine back. I've noticed she's not in any of the major scenes with the women (like the wedding reception) so I wonder what role she will play? I'll be disappointed if she and Bree don't share any screen time since they were so close while Katherine was a major part of the show. Also some reference to Mike would be nice in relation to her return. I still think the funeral was a missed opportunity to bring her back.

At any rate, the finale is so close now! Kinda crazy. I'm excited to see how it all wraps up.

Edited on 05/06/2012 9:35pm

evafan2005

[4]May 7, 2012
    • level: 18

Official Press Release for the finale:

TRIP BEGS BREE TO COME CLEAN ABOUT ALEJANDRO'S MURDER WHEN HER TRIAL BEGINS TO GO SOUTH, SUSAN MUST BREAK THE NEWS TO THE LADIES THAT SHE'S THINKING OF SELLING HER HOUSE, KATHERINE MAYFAIR RETURNS AND OFFERS LYNETTE AN INTRUGING JOB OPPORTINITY, THE LADIES AGREE TO TAKE CARE OF AN AILING MRS. MCCLUSKEY, AND RENEE'S WEDDING COULD BE PUT ON HOLD WHEN BEN IS ARRESTED AND THROWN IN JAIL, ON THE SERIES FINALE OF ABC'S "DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES"

Dana Delany Guest Stars as Katherine Mayfair

Scott Bakula Guest Stars as Bree's Lawyer, Trip

"Desperate Housewives" ends its successful eight-season run on the ABC Television Network with a splashy two-hour finale event on SUNDAY, MAY 13 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET). The show premiered on October3, 2004 and was a smash hit right out of the gate, winning both the 2005 and 2006 Golden Globe Awards for Best Television Series -- Musical or Comedy, among other accolades.

All good things eventually come to an end, and in the two-hour finale, "Give Me the Blame" / "Finishing the Hat," Trip (Scott Bakula) begs Bree to tell him what really happened the night of Alejandro's murder as her trial begins to go south and it looks like she's about to be convicted; Gaby tries to come up with a solution that will take the burden off of Bree; Susan tries to keep the sale of her house private until she's had a chance to break the news to the ladies; Katherine Mayfair (Dana Delany) returns to Wisteria Lane and offers Lynette an intriguing job opportunity - which could end her chances of reconciling with Tom; the women all agree to take care of Mrs. McCluskey when they discover that she wants to die with dignity at home; Susan finds herself at wits end when Julie goes into labor at the most inopportune time; and Renee is shocked to discover that, as their wedding nears, Ben has been arrested and thrown in jail.

"Desperate Housewives" stars Teri Hatcher as Susan Mayer, Felicity Huffman as Lynette Scavo, Marcia Cross as Bree Van de Kamp, Eva Longoria as Gabrielle Solis, Vanessa Williams as Renee Perry, Ricardo Antonio Chavira as Carlos Solis, Doug Savant as Tom Scavo, Jonathan Cake as Det. Chuck Vance, Charles Mesure as Ben Faulkner and Madison de la Garza as Juanita Solis, with Brenda Strong as Mary Alice Young and James Denton as Mike Delfino.

Guest starring in "Give Me the Blame" are Kathryn Joosten as Mrs. McCluskey, Darcy Rose Byrnes as Penny Scavo, Kevin Rahm as Lee McDermott, Orson Bean as Roy Bender, Scott Bakula as Trip Weston, Alyson Reed as Judge Conti, Gibby Brand as Fred Newman, Jill Basey as Jean Newman, Aaron Norvell as security guard, Christina Chang as D.A. Stone, Stephen Ramsey as sheriff and Ewan Chung as clerk.

Guest starring in "Finishing the Hat" are Kathryn Joosten as Mrs. McCluskey, Dana Delany as Katherine Mayfair, Daniella Baltodano as Celia Solis, Mason Vale Cotton as MJ Delfino, Andrea Bowen as Julie Mayer, Scott Bakula as Trip Weston, Kevin Rahm as Lee McDermott, Tuc Watkins as Bob Hunter, Christine Estabrook as Mrs. Huber, Orson Bean as Roy Bender, Charlie Carver as Porter Scavo, Lindsey Kraft as Jennifer, Patrika Darbo as Jean, Nike Doukas as Natalie, Jarvis George as driver, Todd Weeks as Kent, Wes Brown as doctor, Marc Fajardo as valet and Debbie Pollack as mother.

"Give Me the Blame" was written by Bob Daily and directed by Larry Shaw.

"Finishing the Hat" was written by Marc Cherry and directed by David Grossman.

For those who have read articles about the finale, we know there are plenty more guest stars that are appearing that just haven't been announced in the Press Release. Hoping to surprise the viewers who don't read spoilers/articles and such I'd imagine. But at least this means we literally have NO idea who to expect!

mully

[5]May 7, 2012
    • level: 6
    I wonder what Katherine's business opportunity is for Lynette and if that's the sole reason she returns? If so, that would be kind of lame. I assume it's probably to create an ad campaign for her probable catering company in Paris, but why wouldn't she just go with an advertising agency there instead of schlepping all the way back to Wisteria Lane to get Lynette to do it? I don't think the two of them have ever even had that many scenes together.

Zazawie

[6]May 8, 2012
    • level: 19
    I'm a bit sad we won't see Parker again, or Preston (to a lesser extent). I dont' like them by any means, they're the most annoying Scavo offspring, but finding out 8.21 was their last appearance after it happened makes it so... sad, and final.

Edie70

[7]May 8, 2012
    I love how they did get my beloved Larry Shaw for #822, he only did #811 last November this season ... but he did Gossip Girl and GCB too this year.

MarkoTodorovi

[8]May 8, 2012
    • level: 4
    I am a little surprised because Larry Shaw does not direct the last episode because he directed the second episode of this series, and David Grossman is revealed in episode 12.

Kadodian

[9]May 8, 2012
    • level: 23
    Wow so basically in 2 episodes they are going to fit Julie's birth, the trial, Renee's wedding, Katherine's return, and Ms. Mclusky's death?! I have faith in the writers and they will pull this off!

Mattsterzz

[10]May 8, 2012
    • level: 7
    and they have to fit in if Lynette and Tom get back together.

Kadodian

[11]May 9, 2012
    Mattsterzz wrote:
    and they have to fit in if Lynette and Tom get back together.

Right! Oh my god!

evafan2005

[12]May 9, 2012

It really does seem like it's going to be an eventful finale, I can't wait!

RenatoB

[13]May 9, 2012
    • level: 43
    I am really, really disappointed not to do the thread for the series finale, especially after I called it. Oh, well... can't wait. This week is basically hell.

evafan2005

[14]May 9, 2012

my sentiments exactly!

Daniel777C

[15]May 9, 2012

RenatoB wrote:
    I am really, really disappointed not to do the thread for the series finale, especially after I called it. Oh, well... can't wait. This week is basically hell.
    Crap, I'm sorry. I actually remember reading that but I thought you called for the creation of the thread. And cos I didn't see one on Sunday night, I thought, alright I'll do it. Feel free to edit my first post if you like.

RenatoB

[16]May 9, 2012
    • level: 43
    ^^
    Of course not, that's okay. I was waiting for the press release to come out to do it. So, yeah, even though I was disappointed, it's perfectly alright, and it's actually kind of fitting, you ARE my predecessor.

Kadodian

[17]May 9, 2012
    Oh come on, we're all in this together people. It dosen't matter who started the thread because we're all going to be equally depressed the second the credits start rolling. I'm not making anyone feel any better, am I?

Edie70

[18]May 9, 2012
    Just let it go. I personally don't give a fuck about creating threads and I as wrote before - let it go away. The most important thing is to celebrate our show I will be drunk as hell that evening.

Daniel777C

[19]May 9, 2012
    To Mary Alice! *clink*

evafan2005

[20]May 9, 2012

To Mary Alice...and the rest of the girls. Thank you for the past 8 years and creating a show that was, in fact, one of a kind.