Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

Deleted Scenes

Edie70

[1]Mar 28, 2012
    • level: 19

Hey, hey, hey. I think this was a much needed topic. I will post some screenshots from deleted scenes shortly and also a recaps of them (mostly from the first seasons) stay tuned and feel free to discuss it!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Edie70

[2]Mar 28, 2012

1.02 "Ah, But Underneath"

It is right after Gaby gets a new car from Carlos (she also received a red rose from John that day as well) and she asks him if he has feelings for her and even though he denies it it is clear that he loves her, she only referred to them as "friends who have sex". Ms. Huber was passing by during the scene and Gaby was afraid she might see them together and be suspicious so she greeted her.

1.04 "Who is That Woman?"

This scene includes Martha and her mother at the hospital. It was only shot for us to see the motivations of Martha and to understand why she so desperately needs money (they added the money issue briefly in 1.08 again). Her mama had colon cancer and was probably delirious by now. Felicia refused to agree with selling mama's house just yet while she is still alive. Martha also says that Felicia was always her favorite and she called her sister "vindictive and cruel". Then they are seen in the closing narration and it almost looks like she is going to kill mama with a pillow, but she puts it underneath her head too bad.

1.05 "Come in, Stranger"

You know 75% of the scene from the actual episode when Gaby spilled the coffee because Bree said John & Danielle were in the in some anti-sex club abstaining from sex, then Bree said she would love for John to look at her (she used some Latin phrases) ... and Gaby says: That is a flower, right? I think that was too edgy for ABC

1.08 "Guilty"

Mr. Shaw informs Paul that Edie is was not blackmailing his wife and that he will stop by tonight to reveal the new details to him, meanwhile Edie appears in her lingerie and the scene ends with her walking towards him. They obviously did it They also did some takes when Nicollette says: "What about round three?" which is clearly a word game because Mr. Shaw is played by Richard Roundtree. So strange considering he played her step-dad in "Shadows of Desire" in 1994

1.09 "Suspicious Minds"

Gaby also walks the runway in this one and Tom reminds people she used to be a model in NYC. Then he describes details about the other dresses and I loved his line when Lynette as walking there: "I love the clean lines, oh and the dress is nice, too."

Edited on 03/28/2012 5:50pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Edie70

[3]Mar 28, 2012

1.13 "Your Fault"

Yao Lin plays this dirty little scheme on Gaby & Carlos: "I will stay and do my job if you can get me a pretty gift." And she points at this statue. Carlos refuses to give it to her because it was expensive, but Gaby decides they have to do it since she is about to break down and the only thing keeping her going is a clean house.

1.16 "The Ladies Who Lunch"

Gaby is broke and she calls Edie to look at the house. Edie says it is nice & ethnic and it would sell very quickly and Gabs would get the money she desperately need. Gaby denies having money problems and says they want to move. Edie tells her that people only sell houses when they are up or down and she notices the dust on the furniture and adds that she should slap her maid for such a lousy job. When Gaby nervously says that they are sort of in-between the maid, Edie adds this funny line: "Yeah, moving down!"

Edie70

[4]Mar 28, 2012

1.17 "There Won't Be Trumpets"

Andrew is expelled and the principal informs Van de Kamps that the school security guard will not be pressing charges and that Andrew has a horrible attitude and his behavior is unacceptable. When Bree asks her if she can name at least one good quality about her son, the principal says - his hygiene. LOL

1.21 "Sunday in the Park with George"

Bree and George are planting tomatoes. She tells him she still loves Rex and cannot imagine her life without him. George interrupts her and says that her ordered some tomato seeds from Italy and Bree says that maybe they will go there together some day.

1.22 "Goodbye for Now"

Tom comes home from work and he already knows that Lynette sabotaged his promotion but he is keeping it a secret for now.

1.23 "One Wonderful Day"

The gals are at the hospital discussing Martha's journals. Susan says it only makes sense Paul killed her because she was blackmailing his wife and drove her to suicide.

Bree: "If she was really responsible forher death, then I would say - good riddance to bad rubbish."

Lynette: "I would have said - justice is served, but that works too."

RenatoB

[5]Mar 28, 2012
    • level: 43
    This is awesome. I can't believe how much I have missed out on. I really oughta buy the DVD sets again, maybe in Spain. Screw the portuguese subtitles, I don't need them anyway.

Question: in that deleted Scavo scene from 1.22, do the boys appear as well? Cos they were all credited in but absent from that episode, and I figured maybe they were in a scene that got cut.

Edie70

[6]Mar 28, 2012

Yeah, they were playing in the living roomLaughinghere you go.

Edie70

[7]Mar 28, 2012

SEASON 2 DELETED SCENES COMING UP IN A FEW HOURS IN THE SAME FASHIONTongue out

RenatoB

[8]Mar 28, 2012
    Cool, thanks.

tvtome_xena321

[9]Mar 29, 2012
    • level: 27
    Where's the Gabrielle/Carlos scene in everyday a little death, or was that in the extended version on the dvd set?

Edie70

[10]Mar 29, 2012
    You mean the one with the shower? Yeah, extended. I forgot about it. Will add it later today.

Edie70

[11]Mar 29, 2012
    Sorry, no more scenes today. Just arrived to my apartment after a long day and my eyes are droopy.

MohammedHasan2

[12]Mar 29, 2012
    • level: 4
    This is great! Does every season have deleted scenes?

RenatoB

[13]Mar 29, 2012
    Yes, all of them do.

MohammedHasan2

[14]Mar 29, 2012
    • level: 4

Great!

Edie70

[15]Mar 29, 2012

Every episode has at least 2 deleted scenes - a few redundant minutes cut simply for time (sometimes because they just didn't work very well for the purpose of the storyline)

Edited on 03/29/2012 10:13pm

tvtome_xena321

[16]Apr 1, 2012
    Edie70 wrote:
    You mean the one with the shower? Yeah, extended. I forgot about it. Will add it later today.

Thats ok.

I know theres many more deleted scenes that didn't go on the dvd sets, that we heard were mentioned. I wished they just add every single cut scene, I'm guessing its because the director didn't give permission for it to be released. Since season 3's dvd set has only 4 deleted scenes.

RenatoB

[17]Apr 1, 2012
    ^^And not the one including Mary Alice and Gabrielle together that was cut from episode 3.12. I wanted to see that so much.

Edie70

[18]Apr 2, 2012
    Season 3 has only 4 deleted scenes? Mine has like 10! I even remember that Edie was in 3 of them.

tvtome_xena321

[19]Apr 2, 2012
    Edie70 wrote:
    Season 3 has only 4 deleted scenes? Mine has like 10! I even remember that Edie was in 3 of them.

Wow 10 really, my set doesn't have that many. I look forward to seeing season 3 then, maybe I'll get out my season 3 set, its been forever since I watched the deleted scenes, maybe there were some didn't see or forgot.

Edie70

[20]Apr 3, 2012

DELETED SCENES FROM SEASON 2Laughing

SUSAN

2.08 - The Sun Won't Set

Susan has one of those writer's blocks and she blames her for not being able to understand the theme of her new book. She thinks it's something about her growing up without her dad. Then she comes to realize that she has no idea how this father/son relationship works and that might be the reason why she sent Zach to Utah.

2.14 - Silly People

Susan comes to a check up to the hospital and it's excatly a month since she has started seeing Dr. Ron. This little idea crosses her mind - she lipstick-writes ''I LOVE YOU"" on her belly to surprise him. But he comes in with another doctor.