Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

Desperate Housewives: Season 7

harryl500

[1]Jul 29, 2009
    • level: 2
    RenatoB will be doing the rules, but I thought someone ought to make the thread.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RenatoB

[2]Jul 29, 2009
    • level: 43
    Well, I was counting on creating the thread soon enough, but it's alright. I'll post the rules now, and the first and second episodes probably later on today. Also, I've decided to keep Harriet Sansom Harris as a regular because there's no good enough reason to write her off, and to bring back Mark Moses and Andrea Bowen as stars, I'm sure we can find something for them to do.

I'll pin this thread.

RenatoB

[3]Jul 29, 2009

Season Seven of "Desperate Housewives".

RULES

1 - The season will feature 24 episodes, with the last two forming a two-hour season finale.

2 - The mystery of the season can only be solved in the finale. Not every character needs a mystery, particularly not those who have always been present, there'll be a main mystery and its stars, so work with that.

3 - There will be a regular cast of characters (consistent of "stars", "also stars" and "guest star" Karen McCluskey) that can't be written off during mid-season. Only I have the power to remove or add regulars.

4 - You can create new characters and choose their portrayers, but preferrably no high-profile movie and music stars, for it's unrealistic.

5 - As usual, I'll be writing the season finale.

6 - Try to mixture drama, comedy and mystery in every episode written.

7 - Typically begin and conclude each episode with a narration by Mary Alice Young.

8 - Be creative and have fun. Remember, every episode must be juicy.

Starring Teri Hatcher as Susan Mayer, Felicity Huffman as Lynette Scavo, Marcia Cross as Bree Hodge, Eva Longoria Parker as Gabrielle Solis, Alfre Woodard as Betty Applewhite, Ricardo Antonio Chavira as Carlos Solis, Doug Savant as Tom Scavo, Dana Delany as Katherine Mayfair, Shawn Pyfrom as Andrew Van De Kamp, Harriet Sansom Harris as Felicia Tilman, Andrea Bowen as Julie Mayer, Mark Moses as Paul Young, Chi McBride as Laurence Turner, with Brenda Strong as Mary Alice Young and James Denton as Mike Delfino.

Also Starring Charlie Carver as Porter Scavo, Max Carver as Preston Scavo, Joshua Logan Moore as Parker Scavo, Kendall Applegate as Penny Scavo, Madison De La Garza as Juanita Solis, Daniella Baltodano as Celia Solis, Mason Vale Cotton as MJ Delfino, Jaden Smith as Jordan Turner.

Guest Starring Kathryn Joosten as Karen McCluskey.

RenatoB

[4]Jul 29, 2009
    I'll be posting a two-hour premiere soon.

RenatoB

[5]Jul 29, 2009

Episode 01 - Life is Happiness Indeed (1)

Guest Starring Kathryn Joosten, Tuc Watkins, Kevin Rahm, Anna Friel, John Rubinstein, Tanedra Howard, Mare Winningham, Dagney Kerr, Bruce Boxleitner, with Lara Flynn Boyle and Polly Bergen.

TEASER

Living life is a dangerous procedure. It's an adventure we are all obligated to dwell into from the moment we're born. And as soon as we develop a notion of what goes around us we learn that this adventure is very uncertain, and it can end. It will end. Someday. Maybe too soon...

We see the doctors trying to revive Lynette as the heart monitor keeps beeping. The shard of glass has already been removed from her skull.

And in her unconscious state of mind, while the doctors did their best to bring her back to the so-called "life", Lynette Scavo wondered deep inside another realm wether she would make it through this time.

We see Lynette Scavo, supposedly well, in the middle of the white light.

She didn't believe she would. And yet, she was unafraid. That's life. That's how things work.

Mary Alice is standing in front of Lynette.

Mary Alice says: "It's the end of the road, dear..."

Lynette smiles at her, understanding.

Mary Alice (smiling too): "...but it's the start of a new one."

In the operating room, Lynette comes full senses, she wakes up completely, and the doctors are all very relieved. Lynette was dead for a few seconds, but she was brought back to life.Yes, Lynette understood that life can end a bit too soon. What she didn't know was thta she'd have many, many years ahead of her. Wether she would enjoy them fully or not.

OPENING CREDITS

Wisteria Lane, daytime (the Sunday after the events of the sixth season finale). Close-up on a several wisteria vines decorating the street.

Wisteria. It's a beautiful, beautiful word. The name of a plant that's purely wonderful on the outside, but with poisonous seeds and earth-damaging manners. What name would be more appropriate for a street like Wisteria Lane, where I used to live. A place where the beautiful houses, manicured lawns and educated people help to create a fa�ade protecting the real nature of the neighborhood. A place where people hide the ugliest secrets behind closed doors. And if you look closely enough and pay attention, you can find out as many flaws in this street and its people as you want to.

Gabrielle and Carlos talk about how much it hurt to have to send Ana away. They explain to their little girls it was the only option, they couldn't have her around anymore. In the meantime, on the house next to theirs, Bob and Lee talk to the police about how Shannon Grace's boyfriend kidnapped Amber, and how they need to find them. Lee bursts into tears. On the house next to it, Mike holds a crying Susan in her arms, as Julie continues to take care of MJ but trying to listen to her mother's story; Susan tells them of how Joshua almost killed her. Down the street, in Edie's old house, Felicia packs up some things as she prepares to leave the street. On the other side of the street, Katherine and Jennifer patch things up and make out in the living room. On the house next to it, Bree tells Andrew in her office of Orson's demise, in between tears.

At the Fairview Memorial Hospital, a doctor comes up to Tom, Stella and the Scavo kids to tell them Lynette is resting, she made it through and she's gonna be just fine. They are all so relieved.

Betty Applewhite comes out of her house to pick up the mail. From behind her we hear "Oh, my God!"; Betty turns around and sees Gabrielle Solis behind her, also coming out of her house. Gaby says "Betty? Betty Applewhite?"; Betty says "Oh, crap..." very softly and walks up towards her. "Hello, there."; Gaby is stunned: "Betty, it's been... ages. You're... you're back. How are you?"; Betty says "Oh, I'm great, huh..."; Gaby notices she can't remember her name. "Gabrielle. Gaby Solis. Don't you remember me, Betty?"; Betty says "Oh, of course I do, honey. But, like you said, it's been ages..."; Gaby says "Yeah, I get it, we didn't really socialize all that much when you first lived here. And it's easier for me to remember you since you had your kid locked up in your basement..."; Betty is surprised by this: "Excuse me?"; Gaby says "Oh, you know, you had Caleb locked up because you thought he had killed that..." - Gaby sees Betty seems to be shocked by this piece of info. She thinks she just doesn't want to reminisce about those times, so she interrupts herself. She says "You know what, forget about it, we should have coffee some time, and catch up."; Betty says "I'd love that. Stop by anytime and we'll chat."; Gaby says "Great, I'll bring the girls over this afternoon, they are not going to believe you're back."; Betty says as Gabrielle walks away "Great...", while smiling, not really meaning it.

Later, Bree, Susan, Gabrielle, Katherine, Karen and Felicia go to visit Lynette together. They all bring either flowers, gifts or cookies. They enter the room to comfort Lynette. Lynette says she really appreciates what they're doing. Soon enough, every one shares their sympathy towards Bree after they learn of Orson's death. Bree tells them Orson died on the happiest day of his life, so at least he went with a smile.The girls all feel better after hearing this. However, Bree does have something more to say: she's pregnant with Orson's child. And now she, almost 50 years old, has to take care of a baby without any help. The women all tell her she'll get along just fine. Gabrielle tells Bree she'd be more than happy to look after the baby from time to time when Bree is too busy. Karen tells her the same, and the woman start congratulating her nonetheless, but Bree isn't too sure. Susan, Karen and Felicia share with them what happened during the school field trip, and Bree comments on how yet again they failed to catch on to the fact that a man living on their street was a complete psycho. Susan says "I know, he killed my brother in front of us and we still didn't react." Felicia tells them she'll be moving somewhere else. They all wonder why, and Felicia says that after what happened with Joshua, although the Canadian police already informed her the charges against her have been dropped, she doesn't believe she can live a quiet life on a street like Wisteria Lane. The girls try to convince her to stay, and Felicia says she'll think about it. Gabrielle tells them Ana has moved away, and doesn't tell them why, she just says Ana always wanted to go to a more sunny place like Gracefield to live, and they just made her wish come true. Lynette tells the girls her mother is getting married to a man 40 years younger than her, and they all react with yucky faces to this. (This scene summarizes the events of the sixth season finale, as we can't have the characters just move forward).

Carlos is sitting in his office, reading some papers, as a few lawyers accompanyed by an attractive, well-dressed brunette (special guest star Lara Flynn Boyle as Carla DuMont). One of the lawyers, Christian Galverson (guest star Bruce Boxleitner) tells Carlos that after Bradley Scott's death, his legal will had been lost, and Carlos was promoted to the head of the company without its legal owner's knowledge. In his will, Scott speaks of how his cousin, Carla DuMont, another marketing executive from a different company (and country) should be in charge of the company. Carla introduces herself to Carlos, and states she's the ruler of his world now. Carlos immediately begins to dislike her. Carla keeps Carlos around as a VP, and Lynette feuds with her too.

Bob tries to comfort Lee while trying to keep himself from falling apart as well, as the two think about Amber and how frightened she must be right now.

Paul meets Felicia in her front yard. He tells her he's thinking about buying Rose Kemper's old house and moving onto the street. Again. Felicia tells him she's actually considering leaving the street, and she'll be throwing a "farewell" get-together in the street's central garden and park later that day. Paul tells her he understands how much she must want to go somewhere else and forget her dark past and start from scratch, but Wisteria Lane is still a lovely street, and it's foolish of her to move away when everything's resolved and no one blames her for anything. Felicia is comforted by this. Paul turns to leave, but then turns back to her and says "And Felicia... what I said to my brother yesterday... I did mean it. I am really sorry for having killed your sister."; Felicia continues to garden and says "I can only imagine you are". Paul turns to leave but then Felicia says "And Paul... if Martha made it so that the love of my life commited suicide... I would had done away with that pig of a woman myself.". Paul is surprised by this remark.

RenatoB

[6]Jul 29, 2009

At the hospital, Lynette is in her room when Nurse Heisel (guest star Dagney Kerr) comes in and says "Excuse me, Mrs. Scavo, but I couldn't help but notice your mother's boyfriend when he came to visit you today. Are you aware that he has a disease called Coccidioides immitis that makes him become attracted to much older women?"; Lynette is taken aback by this. The nurse says he was once admitted into the hospital. She remembers him because she thought he was hot, but then gave up on a hope of asking him out when she learned he liked older women because of his condition. When she's back at home, Lynette talks to her mother and explains how her fianc�e is nothing but a sick person, otherwise he would have absolutely no interest in her, and Stella is kind of taking advantage of it. Stella becomes mad at Lynette for ruining her illusion that a younger man could really love her, stating that she has been alone and miserable for over 30 years, and that even if he does love her for his disease, it's better than neither him nor anyone else loving her at all, and she wants a shot at being happy, and if it takes a sick man to be happy, she'll take her chances on the sick man. Because Stella is not sick, and she's fallen for Derek Posey. Lynette understands where her mother is coming from.

Gabrielle, Bree, Susan and Lynette go over to Betty's. They knock on the door. Bree has brought cupcakes for Laurence's wife just as she had promised, and Betty answers the door, letting them in. She says "Oh, dear Lord, Gabrielle, Bree and... the rest. How nice to see you all again. You look fantastic."; the women all greet her, saying how surprised they are to see her old neighbor back on the street. They all have coffee and eat Bree's cupcakes together, as they chat, as the women fill Betty in on all that's going on with their lives, when Betty couldn't care less. They ask how Betty's doing. Betty first asks when she last lived on Wisteria Lane. She fakes that she can't remember because it was such a long time ago, when in reality she doesn't know. Susan says it has been 9 years since Betty left Wisteria Lane, and Betty says "Well, ever since then, I've remarried, as you probably already know, my husband said he has met you, Bree."; Bree says "Yes, we have. By the way, where is he?"; Betty explains he had to return to Los Angeles, where they came from, to wrap up some work related stuff; he's a technical engineer. "He'll be back tonight, so by tomorrow I think you all will have met him."; as she says this, a 9-year-old boy comes running down the stairs and into the kitchen, saying "Mommy, where's my airplane?"; Betty says "Dear, first of all, could you introduce yourself to your new neighbors?"; the boy says, in an adorable yet sort of mechanical kind of way, "Hi, I'm Jordan Applewhite Turner and I am very delighted to meet you all."; the women all go "Ahhh... he's so cute."; Betty tells him "Thank you, dear. Your airplane is still to be unpacked in the garage, in that purple

chest your aunt Denise got you."; Jordan leaves the kitchen, but not without saying "Good afternoon, ladies.". Bree tells her "So you had another son?"; Betty says "Yes, right when I moved to Los Angeles I met Laurence and we just... fell in love. And we had our baby."; Bree asks "And... what about Caleb, where is he?"; Betty responds "Well, as you all know, due to his mental disability Caleb always recquired so much attention and looking after, and when I had this baby I couldn't bear to do that anymore, so I put him in an appropriate institution back in LA. I visited him practically everyday with Jordan, but now that they've moved it'll be harder to see her eldest son that frequently."; the girls sympathize with her. Bree tells her "Betty, remember when we first met? I asked you to play the organ at my first husband's funeral. Well, I remarried since then, but unfortunately my second husband passed away as well."; Betty grabs Bree's hand and says, "Oh, honey, I'm so sorry." Bree continues "Thank you. Bottom line is, I would love for you to play at his funeral. Just like the first time."; Betty is horrified by this. "Oh, honey, I don't think I should. I'm a little bit rusty, it's been so long since I last played, I don't think I can pull it off."; Bree smiles and says "Nonsense. And I won't take no for an answer. Maybe I can stop by later so we can choose a selection of songs?"; Betty says "Huhm... no need. (smiling) I'll just... play the same songs I played the last time."; Bree smiles back at her.

Julie tells Susan she needs to go back to school, back to her boyfriend, who's still trying to land a job in Fairview for after he graduates. Principal Hobson visits Susan to make sure she's okay after having been taken hostage by a maniac the day before. Susan tells him she's just fine, she's glad MJ didn't go on the trip and she's sorry her neighbor ruined the field trip. A few minutes later, the two are having coffee. Susan finds a way to learn the principal is romantically interested in a woman named Lori Carter, the comptroller of the state. She'll be receiving an award at a ceremony that afternoon. He was invited, but he can't seem to have the guts to make a move. Susan tells him he can bring her to this party as her date and she'll give him tips on how to win Lori over. Later that afternoon, at the party, Susan tells the principal he should compliment on Lori's hairdo and what she's wearing, and subtly invite her to dance with him. Mr. Hobson goes up to Lori (guest star Mare Winningham), but he can't seem to get anything right, and ends up upsetting by making her misunderstand his compliments. Lori becomes angry at the principal, stating she'll be making a severe evaluation on him next fall. The principal becomes blue, and Susan tells him he should drink something at the bar. In the meantime, Susan goes up to Lori and tells her the principal likes her and she told him to say those things to Lori because he can't seem to be able to make a pass at her, but Susan herself is no expert at it which is probably why he failed to make himself clear. Lori appreciates what Susan just did, saying afterwards "He went to all that trouble just for me?".

While Principal Hobson is at the bar drinking a scotch, Lori comes up to him and says "Shall we dance, Mr. Hobson?". Hobson looks at her, smiling, surprised. He takes her hand and says "Yes, ma'am. We shall."

The two hit the dancefloor together, and Hobson winks his eye at Susan while they dance. Susan is happy to see them together. A new relationship has been created thanks to her. When she goes home, she catches Mike before he's off to a plumbing emergency, and she kisses him and tells him she just knows they're gonna be so happy together. Mike smiles back at her.

Jennifer has just given Katherine a beautiful new green necklace. Katherine thanks her by kissing her. Jennifer says they should take a stroll down the street, go to the park, maybe have some ice cream and make out. Katherine tells her lover she must be insane, "What if someone sees us?"; "What if they do?"; Jennifer reads it in Katherine's eyes: "You haven't told anyone about us yet, have you?"; Katherine doesn't respond. Jennifer freaks out "Oh my God, what's the matter with you? I mean, is it such a taboo that you have to hide it from everyone else? Well, guess what, if you're not comfortable enough to tell people that you're my girlfirend, Katherine, then maybe we shouldn't be together."; Katherine says "Jennifer, please, I'm just not ready."; Jennifer says "No, it's not like you're coming out of the closet to mom and dad. You're ashamed of me, aren't you? You're ashamed of being who you are."; Katherine says "Jennifer, come on, don't ruin this for me, we've been having so much fun together."; Jennifer becomes angrier "And that's exactly what I am, right? Just a source of fun. Well, Katherine, I am no longer your dirty little secret."; Jennifer hurriedly leaves the house. Katherine is left brokenhearted.

Bree is baking in her kitchen when Paul knocks on her door. She answers and lets him in. Paul tells her he has just moved into the Kemper house, and asks if he can borrow some coffee. Bree offers to make him some coffee instead, as she could really use someone to talk to. A few minutes later, they're having coffee and eating homemade cookies, fresh out of the oven, and talking about their previous marriages. Bree confides in Paul, saying she worries that she'll end up alone and raising a baby. Paul says he understands where she's coming from. He's still trying to patch up his relationship with his foster son, who's currently away on a business trip, and he also worries that he'll end up alone. The two have a very heartfelt talk about the emotions they're feeling right now, seeing as how they're both alone and miserable and struggling. Paul offers Bree some comfort on her latest loss, and he leans over to kiss her on the lips. Bree doesn't resist, she closes her eyes and lets herself go.The two start caressing and kissing right there by the kitchen table.

In Los Angeles, a young black woman in her 20s (guest star Tanedra Howard) enters a BurgerWorld establishment. The place is empty. She introduces herself to the lady at the register, saying "Hi, I'm Monica, I'm wondering if you could help me out with something. I'm looking for my mother, and I believe she works here. Let me show you a picture of her."; Monica hands the woman a picture... featuring Alfre Woodard, smiling, but with a very different look. The woman says "No, sorry hon, been working here for 15 years now and no one that looks like your mom has ever been to work here. There's another BurgerTown across town, maybe she worked there."; Monica says "Thank you very much."; the woman asks "Hey, kid, what's your mother's name?". Monica turns to her and says "Joan. JOAN APPLEWHITE."

During the party Felicia's throwing, Felicia makes a toast, talking about Bree's recent loss, Lynette's revival, Susan and Mike's engagement, and the news that Bree is having a baby. She also takes the opportunity to say that she won't be moving after all. Everyone is glad to hear this. She also takes the opportunity to say she's bored and doesn't want to live off her retirement fund anymore, so she's getting a license to become a real estate agent.

MJ comes up to Susan, accompanyed by Jordan Turner, and tells her he wants an ice cream. Susan goes to the ice cream man and buys two cones, one for MJ and one for Jodan. She then has a little talk with Jordan, about if he misses L.A. Jordan tells her he does, he misses his friends, and he misses Caleb. He doesn't understand why they had to move. Mom has been acting so strange since auntie Joan visited them... Susan asks "What do you mean, acting strange?"; Jordan says "Mommy said my aunt Joan had stopped by, and ever since then she has been acting weird. Which is probably why she put Caleb in that home for people like him and we had to move here."; Susan says "Wait, honey, when did your mother put Caleb in a mental house?"; Jordan responds "Three days ago."; he then goes play with MJ and Susan finds this very strange. Didn't Betty say she got rid of Caleb immediately after she had Jordan?

After Felicia is done with her toast, and everyone claps their hands, Katherine takes the opportunity to take Felicia's place. "Dear neighbors, I have something to anounce to you. As many of you know, after my last marriage failed to work, I spent most of the follow-up days feeling lonely and miserable, to the fact of creating a false pregnancy out of despair. I wish to apologize to everyone abou that, first of all. Second of all, I wish to anounce that I have, luckily, found love again. (everyone is surprised by this, especially Jennifer) I have found a love that I have been keeping from you because... well, I don't know why. Because I'm foolish, I guess. This person has brought me so much happiness during a dark period of my life, and I want to thank her for it (as she says "her" people show a weird look; Katherine looks straight into Jennifer's eyes) Jennifer Bauer, I am deeply in love with you. Please, know that. (tears fall down from both Katherine's and Jennifer's eyes)"; Jennifer gets up from her seat and comes closer to Katherine. The two of them kiss on the lips in front of everyone else. Susan, who already knew about their romance, claps her hands. Suddenly, everyone starts applauding. Carlos turns to Mike while he claps they both clap their hands and says "Dude, you totally made her gay."

A young receptionist is seen working at the reception desk in a clinic. Bree comes up to her, and says "Good evening."; the receptionist says "Good evening, how may I help you?"; Bree responds, with a nervous and insecure look on her face: "I'm Bree Hodge, and I'd like to have an abortion, please."

Wisteria Lane. The loveliest of names fits the loveliest of suburbs. A place where people are charming, polite and seemingly perfect. But such a fa�ade concels the ugliest truths one could possibly imagine.

Bree is in the waiting room in the clinic, crying.

Like the fear of ending up bearing responsibilites all alone.

Stella is checking out wedding dresses with Lynette at a bridal shop.

Or the fear of a loved one living the same unhappy ending.

Felicia is watering her flowers and she looks over at Wisteria Lane, beautiful under the moonlight.

Or even the fear that the choices you've made weren't the right ones.

Katherine and Jennifer are making love; they couldn't be happier.

But when you fight such fears and stop taking coverage under the fa�ade, happiness finally strikes you and you can enjoy it at its full power.

Betty Applewhite is combing her hair in front of her bedroom mirror. Laurence appears behind her and jumps on his bed.

Unfortunately, many people aren't aware of this...

Laurence says "Joan, come to bed, it's late."

Betty turns to him and says "Careful, dear.You don't want to go back to being used to calling me that, right? You don't want to make the mistake of referring to me as Joan outside this house."

Laurence: "Sorry, dear."

...and do their best to keep up their fa�ade...

Betty (looking in the mirror): "Keep in mind. I'm Betty now..."

...until it's too late, and happiness never comes.

We see Alfre Woodard's reflection in the mirror.

"... I'm Betty Applewhite."

TO BE CONTINUED...

RenatoB

[7]Jul 29, 2009
    Guys, I posted this episode in advance because I want to know your opinion based on wether Bree should have an abortion or not. I'll be posting the second episode of the season tomorrow based on the replies, so comment on it, and the episode itself.

I think it turned out better than I originally thought it would. It features several juicy scenes, and I particularly enjoy the mystery and Katherine's storyline, which in my opinion is pure brilliance, I really think we're pulling off a lesbian storyline in a way that hasn't been done since BtVS. The development in those girls' relationship is extraordinary, chapter by chapter, and I'm proud of that story. In the second part, I'll be wrapping up Lynette's storyline, making some room for the person who writes the third episode to come up with an entirely new story for Lynette. Also, in the second part, Julie will return to Fairview, and Dylan will FINALLY make an appearance after season four. Bree will develop her relationship with Paul, and an old familiar face of Gabrielle's will pop up on her front door, as Carla terrorizes Carlos. Mrs. McCluskey will get a new love interest, and Susan will clash with her new son-in-law. "Betty" will be visited by her "daughter", as the neighbors catch on to the fact that Mrs. Applewhite is acting strange... again. What's she hiding?

Also, there'll be a time jump that brings the characters to a breaking point. This time jump will coincide with the premiere of "Vicious Cheerleaders", as of course Ana left DH at the end of a school year so the time jump comes in hand if we want her to begin the series entering a new high school.

Arno_00

[8]Jul 29, 2009
    • level: 7
    Huh, I'm the first one who just found the premiere! I'm starting to read it.

RenatoB

[9]Jul 29, 2009
    Arno_00 wrote:
    Huh, I'm the first one who just found the premiere! I'm starting to read it.

So what did you think, Arno_00? What's your say on Bree's story?

Arno_00

[10]Jul 29, 2009
    After all I buy the story about Paul's & Bree's kiss...but did they really share some sympathy...? But I understand that they were having some kind of heart-to-heart.

The episode is pretty good...but the mystery storyline...? The twin sister, really...? I've found out about that when "Betty" didn't remember Gaby's name...but how she did come up with the Bree's name...?

But episode is good - about myster I said...it's a little weak idea...

Waiting for posting the 2nd part, RenatoB...in 0-10? 7/10 - but as I said it's pretty good except the mystery thing...=/

evafan2005

[11]Jul 29, 2009
    • level: 18

As taboo as it sounds I think it would be interesting to see Bree deal with the repercussions of having an abortion...maybe it affects her health, be it physically or mentally...maybe it causes her to hallucinate, hearing a baby crying, having nightmares etc. until she breaks down (not like her "break down" in season 2...but a more genuine one)

it basically seems like the mystery was already solved in the very first episode, but I trust there's more to the story so I will continue to tune in! nice work so far

RenatoB

[12]Jul 30, 2009
    evafan2005 wrote:

As taboo as it sounds I think it would be interesting to see Bree deal with the repercussions of having an abortion...maybe it affects her health, be it physically or mentally...maybe it causes her to hallucinate, hearing a baby crying, having nightmares etc. until she breaks down (not like her "break down" in season 2...but a more genuine one)

it basically seems like the mystery was already solved in the very first episode, but I trust there's more to the story so I will continue to tune in! nice work so far

No, the mystery hasn't been solved yet. Far from that.
    Obviously you guys got the whole "twin" thing, but that's obvious, the mystery relies on what happened to the original "Betty" and what the backstory of this Joan is. Their story will be developed throughout the season with a major twist I already have in the back of my mind in the end. Trust me, it isn't like Dave's mystery that was solved way before the finale.
    So you're saying she should have an abortion, right? I like the possibilities of such a storyline, but I fear that I can't deliver them properly, so if you have more ideas and can provide more detail to those repercussions (the nightmares, the cries...) please PM me, I'd really appreciate that.

RenatoB

[13]Jul 30, 2009
    Arno_00 wrote:
    After all I buy the story about Paul's & Bree's kiss...but did they really share some sympathy...? But I understand that they were having some kind of heart-to-heart.

The episode is pretty good...but the mystery storyline...? The twin sister, really...? I've found out about that when "Betty" didn't remember Gaby's name...but how she did come up with the Bree's name...?

But episode is good - about myster I said...it's a little weak idea...

Waiting for posting the 2nd part, RenatoB...in 0-10? 7/10 - but as I said it's pretty good except the mystery thing...=/

Betty came up with Bree's name because her new husband had already told her about Bree's visit in the finale and that she was the famous cookbook author, so Betty recognized her immediately.
    Arno_00, please comment on the abortion, tell me if you feel Bree should go through with it.
    Regarding the mystery, perhaps it's a bit cliche'd, but the mystery doesn't revolve around wether Joan is Betty's twin sister or not, it's about what this Joan's story is, why Betty didn't mention anything about a twin sister during season two, and what happened to Betty, and how Joan managed to take her place, because apparently Betty's husband is on board with the whole scheme, but his son isn't. You can play with the mystery as you wish.

Arno_00

[14]Jul 30, 2009
    So this is it : when I first red the storyline about Bree in clinic I was shocked...and I thought "what the hel?!"...then I thought that she really wouldn't take it - carrying a child alone - but then I thought just like Bree - she wouldn't really let baby die, because she would regeret it to the rest of her life...and literally - this is not typical Bree behaviour. So I think we should put a little hestitation time into her life...but in the end she would give birth...

RenatoB

[15]Jul 30, 2009
    Arno_00 wrote:
    So this is it : when I first red the storyline about Bree in clinic I was shocked...and I thought "what the hel?!"...then I thought that she really wouldn't take it - carrying a child alone - but then I thought just like Bree - she wouldn't really let baby die, because she would regeret it to the rest of her life...and literally - this is not typical Bree behaviour. So I think we should put a little hestitation time into her life...but in the end she would give birth...

I know, it's totally not like Bree, which kinda makes me want to do it more, it's a place the show's never gone to. And I can't picture Bree having the baby, and I am seriously torn, I don't know wether she should have an abortion or not, which is why I wanted everyone's opinion. evafan2005 is for it, you are apparently against it, and Arno_00 didn't comment on it, and I'm torn, I don't know what to do. We need someone to break the tie and ultimately decide on it, so that I can write episode two.

RenatoB

[16]Jul 30, 2009
    RenatoB wrote:
    Arno_00 wrote:

I know, it's totally not like Bree, which kinda makes me want to do it more, it's a place the show's never gone to. And I can't picture Bree having the baby, and I am seriously torn, I don't know wether she should have an abortion or not, which is why I wanted everyone's opinion. evafan2005 is for it, you are apparently against it, and Arno_00 didn't comment on it, and I'm torn, I don't know what to do. We need someone to break the tie and ultimately decide on it, so that I can write episode two.

But I guess I don't really have to write her getting an abortion, if the baby thing doesn't work for me she can always have an accident and miscarry, what do you guys say (though that's happened to Gabrielle already; either way, the producers keep recycling storylines, so why shouldn't we, as long as we give them a nice spin). I guess I'll do that.

evafan2005

[17]Jul 30, 2009
    • level: 18

yeah, either way she shouldn't have this baby and it should lead to a breakdown of some sort...I'm on my way to work right now but when I get home tonight I will PM you the details.

Arno_00

[18]Jul 30, 2009
    After all I think she should give birth...why? Because Andrew wanted to have children - and Bree wanted to be his surrogate mother...so she could give birth and she would have help from Andrew in carrying the little child...he would be he "daddy"...? ;p

RenatoB

[19]Jul 30, 2009
    Arno_00 wrote:
    After all I think she should give birth...why? Because Andrew wanted to have children - and Bree wanted to be his surrogate mother...so she could give birth and she would have help from Andrew in carrying the little child...he would be he "daddy"...? ;p

Sure Andrew could help take care of the child. But someday along the line I'm thinking Paul could play the "daddy" role.

RenatoB

[20]Jul 30, 2009
    I am just too tired to finish the second episode tonight, guys, I'll post it tomorrow (still within the two-day period ), I promise.