Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

How do you want the last scene of the show to be like?

What kind of scene do you want in the last minutes of DH?

RenatoB

[41]Oct 30, 2011
    • level: 43
    Mattsterzz wrote:
    I know it wouldnt in a thousand years, but at least it would be memorable, Especially if it was caused by Katherine!

LOL I thought you were joking. XP I'd hate for Katherine to kill them all by accident.

BTW, would she die too, or just the four main ladies?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Mattsterzz

[42]Oct 30, 2011
    • level: 7
    Yeah, let her die aswell.

wichovettorazzi

[44]Oct 30, 2011
    • level: 5

How about a happy ending? But then, somewhere in America, we see an unknown housewife.

We hear Mary Alice narrating:

"On the loveliest day, Lorraine Grant (the unknown housewife) woke up. She made breakfast for her family. She performed her chores. She completed her projects. And she ran her errands. In truth, she spent the day as she spent every other day, quite polishing the routine of her life, until it gleamed with poerfection. That's why it was so astonishing when she decided to go to her hallway closet and retrieve a revolver that had never been used. (We hear her killing herself sooting a bullet in her head.)

Yes, Desperate Housewives can be found anywhere. (another housewife with a muffin bascket rings her doorbell and gets no answer. She goes around and enters the house from the back door) We just have to look closely, (She sees her friend's dead body and screams) because they usually live right next door."

Mattsterzz

[45]Oct 30, 2011
    That would be a very good ending. It would make Desperate housewives alot more realistic to real life, not just a shiny set in Universal studios.

stellarchick86

[46]Oct 30, 2011
    • level: 32
    Yeah, it would bookend the show well, though it seems like an ending that could happen on any ep/any season like they do with those one-time characters like the plumber who came around to everyone in s5 I think it was. Nothing personal, its a good idea, though.

NiallB31

[47]Nov 8, 2011
    • level: 8

Mabey Celia could have the last line of the series. Laughing

Mattsterzz

[48]Nov 8, 2011
    lol, or paige.

RenatoB

[49]Nov 8, 2011
    NiallB31 wrote:

Mabey Celia could have the last line of the series. Laughing

Eh eh I had to smile at your suggestion. Can you imagine if the camera focused on her, she blurted out "Sperm!" and the show faded to black? XP

Edie70

[50]Nov 9, 2011
    • level: 19
    I would hate to see a happy ending for everybody. Remember! "Not everyone gets a happy ending" line from MAVO in season 1 finale.

RenatoB

[51]Nov 9, 2011
    Edie70 wrote:
    I would hate to see a happy ending for everybody. Remember! "Not everyone gets a happy ending" line from MAVO in season 1 finale.

True, true.

The only character I think really deserves a happy ending is Susan. Everyone else I'll be okay if they get a sad or ambiguous one.

Edie70

[52]Nov 9, 2011
    • level: 19

Yeah, I think so too. I have a feeling that especially Bree ends up not very pleasantly.

wichovettorazzi

[53]Nov 10, 2011
    • level: 5

stellarchick86 wrote:
    Yeah, it would bookend the show well, though it seems like an ending that could happen on any ep/any season like they do with those one-time characters like the plumber who came around to everyone in s5 I think it was. Nothing personal, its a good idea, though.

It was just a way of saying that it would be fun to make it a happy ending, but then something shocking or surprising to break the happy ending mood the audience gets.

stellarchick86

[54]Nov 13, 2011
    wichovettorazzi wrote:

stellarchick86 wrote:

It was just a way of saying that it would be fun to make it a happy ending, but then something shocking or surprising to break the happy ending mood the audience gets.

Oh I know. It just reminds me a lot of those episodes though. Its a good idea, I just would really have it either be them all in jail or them all happy. I dont really want one in between. Your idea's good though.

tvtome_xena321

[55]Nov 13, 2011
    • level: 27
    I really doubt it, but I'd love it if one of the main four killed themselves Mary Alice style in the ending, nice book-end to the opening of the series.

RenatoB

[56]Nov 13, 2011
    I don't know about that. I realize a bookend suicide would make sense, but we already had Beth's suicide last season, which was such a perfect homage, being shot exactly the same way as Mary Alice's, not to mention that it was yet another one of Paul's wives. Another suicide a la Mary Alice's would just feel repetitive to me. Also, is it really something we can imagine either one of the housewives doing? Even if recent spoilers are correct, it still strikes me as something odd and off-character for the 'wives.

RenatoB

[57]Nov 13, 2011
    And I'm sure that's exactly what the women would had said about Mary Alice, but I kinda get the feeling that maybe she just wasn't all that happy to begin with. Not to mention that she died trying to protect the family, to get the blackmailer to back off. The only reason any of the women would kill themselves would, at first thought, seem more selfish, right? They all have families to look after, and even if they wound up in jail, it doesn't seem like something they'd do, as a way out. Would little MJ or the Solis girls, for example, be able to recuperate from "my mommy hung herself in jail"? It would be too dark for this show to pull off, offing one of the main characters like that. I'm not saying it can't happen, and that I wouldn't perhaps be satisfied by an ending like that, but it doesn't strike me as something doable (is that a word?).

stellarchick86

[58]Nov 13, 2011
    RenatoB wrote:
    I don't know about that. I realize a bookend suicide would make sense, but we already had Beth's suicide last season, which was such a perfect homage, being shot exactly the same way as Mary Alice's, not to mention that it was yet another one of Paul's wives. Another suicide a la Mary Alice's would just feel repetitive to me. Also, is it really something we can imagine either one of the housewives doing? Even if recent spoilers are correct, it still strikes me as something odd and off-character for the 'wives.

Agree with all of this.
    RenatoB wrote:
    And I'm sure that's exactly what the women would had said about Mary Alice, but I kinda get the feeling that maybe she just wasn't all that happy to begin with.

Yep, agree here too. I got the impression that she was a 'desperate housewife' and the blackmail thing kind of pushed her over the edge. Maybe shes not and Im just reading too much into it as we didnt get many scenes of her, Paul and Zack all together pre-blackmail, but in my mind it makes sense.