Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

How do you want the show to end? [SPOILERS]

RenatoB

[41]May 17, 2012
    • level: 43
    I also had no idea Tuc was gay. I was now under the impression both of them were straight. But yeah, I knew about the MF gay couple. I love that show. Julie Bowen might just be the best actress on TV right now.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Daniel777C

[42]May 17, 2012
    • level: 31
    RenatoB wrote:
    I also had no idea Tuc was gay. I was now under the impression both of them were straight. But yeah, I knew about the MF gay couple. I love that show. Julie Bowen might just be the best actress on TV right now.

I loved her on Boston Legal. But she's probably my least favorite character on MF. Reminds me too much of Lynette.

Edie70

[43]May 17, 2012
    • level: 19
    You really didn't know??? Kevin Rahm is engaged to a WOMAN. Eric Stonestreet from Modern Family has a girlfriend and Tuc is openly gay.

RenatoB

[44]May 17, 2012
    Kevin just married, I think. Before the block party. No, I didn't know about Tuc, I figured he was straight like Stonestreet for some reason.

Edie70

[45]May 17, 2012
    Trivia: One of my closest friends even danced with him in this gay club called TERMIX in Prague last July

evafan2005

[46]May 17, 2012
    • level: 18

Yeah I knew Kevin was straight, I just didn't know Tuc was gay.

RenatoB

[47]May 18, 2012
    Why are we still talking about them?

evafan2005

[48]May 18, 2012
    • level: 18

Well I had just gotten home from work and therefore, I felt the need to reply

Mattsterzz

[49]May 24, 2012
    • level: 7

Also here's a article about what DH could have learnt from the Finale of Glee. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shasta-nelson-mdiv/what-the-desperate-housew_b_1541132.html. I would have liked the idea of showing a time lapse of the housewives playing poker, slowly showing them get older, adding in another housewife (Renee and Katherine) every one or two of them, and them show them disappear. Just another way I would have liked the show to end.

RenatoB

[50]May 25, 2012
    Meh, the "Glee" finale was the most boring, cheesy thing I've ever seen, so I'd take the DH one over it any day.

Zazawie

[51]May 25, 2012

There's no way you can compare a series finale of a dramedy to the season finale of a loved-dovey musical comedy. DH always has had a darker vibe to it. All the housewives already got their happy endings, I actually liked that they made it more bittersweet. It also establishes the idea of them being neighbors that made them friends. It's like real life, you move on and most of the time, you get out of touch.

Also, I don't watch Glee but I've read some review about the finale, and from what I know, the majority of the cast still stays on the show, meaning chances are big everyone will see each other again at some point. A series finale has to give some closure, while a season finale has to provide a start for future storylines.

Really, there's no comparison imo. That writer's just not happy she got the over-the-top happy ending she was hoping for.

Edited on 05/25/2012 1:50am

RenatoB

[52]May 25, 2012
    And the "Glee" finale was BORING. SO, SO BORING. And that show never takes any risks. The ENTIRE main cast is returning next season, that is so frustrating, especially seeing as how I don't care for half of those characters. Some down-right annoy me (I want Blaine to suffer an agonizing death, the little bitch...). At least DH had the decency to get rid of a lot of characters, to shake things up. I haven't missed Edie, to be honest. No matter how much I love her. I just can't picture her factoring into the last three seasons anymore. The show didn't suffer that much without her.

RenatoB

[53]May 25, 2012
    That being said, Edie belonged in the series finale. I don't know if her return was ever even considered. I don't know if Marc invited her, if Nicollette declined the invitation... and I agree with Bart Simpson, TV people don't really owe us anything, we owe them, in fact, for entertaining us for so long. But... I can't help but feel that both Marc and Nicollette owed us an Edie cameo.

Mattsterzz

[54]May 25, 2012
    • level: 7
    I used to watch Glee in the first season and continued half way through the second. The show stopped singing normal songs, and began singing show tunes. Also, I was watching it the other day, and they completely ruined Sue (I used to love her!). About Edie, I love her, and when I watch it old episodes I miss her, but I dont really notice her absence since she left , but yes, Edie should have been in the finale.

Edie70

[55]May 25, 2012
    Stopped watching Glee last year it was depressing and worn out.