Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

Is Katherine getting her edge back in season 6?

He-bat

[1]Sep 8, 2009
    • level: 7

I read spoilers that suggest Katherine will get back to her season-4 snarky self. Is that true? I hope it is, she was a total bore in season 5.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RenatoB

[2]Sep 8, 2009
    • level: 43
    He-bat wrote:

I read spoilers that suggest Katherine will get back to her season-4 snarky self. Is that true? I hope it is, she was a total bore in season 5.

Why does everyone criticize her so much? She was very different from what she was in season four, but that's because she had deep, dark secrets, and I thought she was great in season five with all her conniving and sneaking around, doing some nasty things to get what she wants, which is recognition and, of course, Mike. We saw some sides of her we hadn't seen in season four, and she truly became a regular desperate housewife, desperate for love, just like Susan used to be and has of late become closer to being yet again.

He-bat

[3]Sep 8, 2009

I don't mind her being conniving and sceming, I loved that about her actually, she was just portayed as a rather weak and needy woman in season 5, but in season 4 she was very strong and tough, secret or no secret. I hope she will continue to be sceming but I hope they'll make her strong and snarky again. I have missed her sarcasm from season 4. She was so deliciously passive-agressive.

Edited on 09/08/2009 9:03am

RenatoB

[4]Sep 8, 2009
    He-bat wrote:

I don't mind her being conniving and sceming, I loved that about her actually, she was just portayed as a rather weak and needy woman in season 5, but in season 4 she was very strong and tough, secret or no secret. I hope she will continue to be sceming but I hope they'll make her strong and snarky again. I have missed her sarcasm from season 4. She was so deliciously passive-agressive.

She was still portrayed as somewhat needy in season four. There were several occasions in which she said she needed a man, and in 4x11 we learnt just that when she turned to Adam and desperately tried to get him to come back home, even though he cheated on her with Sylvia Greene (Melora Walters).

jasptv

[5]Sep 8, 2009
    • level: 5
    I certainly hope so I think they've been setting her up to be Edie's replacement as in Susan's rival since season 5, but she just wasn't that interesting (in comparison to S4) to me

He-bat

[6]Sep 8, 2009
    She was great in season 4 as the cold arrogant witch.

adamdhfan4lyf

[7]Sep 9, 2009
    • level: 6
    I certainly hope so, she was bland and needy in Season 5, just a complete annoying, clingy little woman.

RenatoB

[8]Sep 9, 2009
    It just hit me that Katherine first entered the series as a copy of Bree, as in she was very perfectionist and neurotic, and she rivaled Bree, and later became a copy of Susan, as in she is needy and hopelessly romantic, and rivals Susan. Katherine is pretty much a copycat. Next season, she could pop out kids and rival Lynette.

mcrsvu

[9]Sep 9, 2009
    • level: 14
    or hopefully her own personality lol!

He-bat

[10]Sep 10, 2009

RenatoB wrote:
    It just hit me that Katherine first entered the series as a copy of Bree, as in she was very perfectionist and neurotic, and she rivaled Bree, and later became a copy of Susan, as in she is needy and hopelessly romantic, and rivals Susan. Katherine is pretty much a copycat. Next season, she could pop out kids and rival Lynette.

I prefer Katherine being similar to Bree. We have one Susan already, we don't need two. Dana Delany is so much better when she is playing passive-agressive and cold than when she is playing needy and romantic, that just isn't her. Dana is also better at dramatic roles than she is at comedy.

RenatoB

[11]Sep 11, 2009
    He-bat wrote:

RenatoB wrote:

I prefer Katherine being similar to Bree. We have one Susan already, we don't need two. Dana Delany is so much better when she is playing passive-agressive and cold than when she is playing needy and romantic, that just isn't her. Dana is also better at dramatic roles than she is at comedy.

Why do we need two Brees but not two Susans?

I like Katherine being both passive-agressive (that is always fun to watch, wether it's her or Bree) but I like her as a needy human being too. But if she becomes more snarky in season 6, that'd be great. And I think we all know why she would be getting that snarky, right? As in shoulder pain...?

He-bat

[12]Sep 11, 2009

I hope she will lose her mind completely... Dana is going to be brilliant playing a woman having a nervous breakdown.

Edited on 09/11/2009 3:42pm

Krevlornemem

[13]Sep 16, 2009
    • level: 4
    I'm looking forward to her return. I've always liked her character.

He-bat

[14]Sep 16, 2009

Dana is better at drama than comedy, just like Eva Longoria is better at comedy than drama.

jasptv

[15]Sep 28, 2009

^ I agree

Katherine, I think should leave after season 6, to make room for a vixen (as Angie clearly won't be strutting around in any Edie type ensembles with what was revealed in 6.01)... but I think Marc Cherry likes Dana Delany too much to let that happen, he repeatedly asked her to be Bree, and now that he's got her I doubt she's going anywhere-but still hoping she does

or

atleast gets her edge back... I like her better as Bree's rival... Bree's storyline with Karl isn't juicey enough as it is... It would've been juicier/funnier if when Orson finds out about her affair starts one with Katherine, her business partner or w/e and even though Bree doesn't want him she still gets jealous nad wages war and the old snarky Katherine snipes back... Katherine and Orson makes much more sense than any other mix up Katherin/Mike, Bree/Karl... plus it'd be a nicer spin if Bree and Orson get back together and when all seems good and dandy he dies... further adding to the list of Bree's dead ex.es

Edited on 09/28/2009 12:30pm

He-bat

[16]Sep 28, 2009

Katheine seems to have gotten her edge back. The best thing about episode 6.01 was Katherine. The Bi$tchh is back and I must say she is so much more interesting when she is being nasty and vendictive. She was such a bore in season 5 so it was nice to see the "season-4 Katherine back. I hope Marc doesn't have Katherine forgive Susan in two episodes because Katherine should stay snarky and evil, not just for a few episodes. I hope Marc learns from his mistakes and realises Katherine is so much better at being wicked than a victim.

He-bat

[17]Oct 1, 2009

I read this at imdb.com and I kinda agree:

like the majority here, loved too see the "snarky" Katherine make a comeback. Katherine was always meant to be a bit nasty. I am just worried that the writers will make her too silly now that she's gone mental. Don't get me wrong, Dana Delany is the perfect actress to play a woman having a mental breakdown but I just hope the character doesn't loose what made her so great in the first place. When Katherine first arrived in season 4, she was cold and calculated, passive-aggressive, arrogant and sarcastic but still dignified. I was hoping THAT Katherine would make a comeback but it seems the writers want to write her as a psycho, which is interesting and ok to me, just as long as she doesn't loose the Ice-Queen behavior and sarcastic, passive-aggressive personality. THAT made her fun. She was a force to be reckoned with and nobody would dare mess with her. I think that's the character the fans wanted back. Everyone knows a woman like that. I just hope the writers don't turn her into a silly stupid stalker. I want to see the nasty stalker. And I miss her sarcastic comments.

xtian_goelt

[18]Oct 8, 2009

actually, i'm getting the feeling that they're going to put eddie vibe inside of katherine. u know i always thought of eddie as an addition in the show as susan's forever-ever enemy. and now that eddie's gone, and katherine's fights with susan for mike, so i guess we'll be getting a lot of susan vs katherine for this season, maybe one of them will burn the other's house.. let's just hope.....

personal note: i hate katherine, she's the worst actress in the show, worst character, worst storyline, WORST!!!

RenatoB

[19]Oct 8, 2009
    xtian_goelt wrote:

actually, i'm getting the feeling that they're going to put eddie vibe inside of katherine. u know i always thought of eddie as an addition in the show as susan's forever-ever enemy. and now that eddie's gone, and katherine's fights with susan for mike, so i guess we'll be getting a lot of susan vs katherine for this season, maybe one of them will burn the other's house.. let's just hope.....

personal note: i hate katherine, she's the worst actress in the show, worst character, worst storyline, WORST!!!

Worst actress?! Really? I think Dana Delany is a fantastic actress, they all are. Sure, some can be better than others (I personally think Marcia and Felicity stand out), but you make it sound like she actually can't act...

xtian_goelt

[20]Oct 10, 2009
    nahhh, it's not that she's a horrible actress, but compared to the others(teri, marcia, felicity, eva), i mean u have to agree that she's the worst from the show,, and now that they have drea(which is just so hot), i'm starting to don't really care about this katherine character,, i'm sorry for all the katherine's fan....