Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

Is Katherine getting her edge back in season 6?

RalphWiggumFan

[21]Oct 12, 2009
    • level: 14
    Was she even in this episode? I guess the writers are thinking "Move over Katherine, The Bolens are coming!" Looks like there's a new plot for Susan, Katherine seems to be out of the picture as of now.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RenatoB

[22]Oct 12, 2009
    • level: 43
    RalphWiggumFan wrote:
    Was she even in this episode? I guess the writers are thinking "Move over Katherine, The Bolens are coming!" Looks like there's a new plot for Susan, Katherine seems to be out of the picture as of now.

She only made on brief appearance after the opening sequence, during Mary Alice's voice-over about coffee.

evafan2005

[23]Oct 12, 2009
    • level: 18
    I think the reason Katherine wasn't in this episode much is because they wanted to focus on Susan accusing Danny as the attacker...their feud is clearly far from over, but if they do something EVERY episode it might get a bit old...a one episode break to keep it from getting stale does not necessarily mean Katherine is out of the picture.

He-bat

[24]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 7
    I just saw the sneak peek from 604 and I must say, Katherine isn't returning to her bit""tchy self like we hoped, they have turned her into a lunatic.

RenatoB

[25]Oct 14, 2009
    He-bat wrote:
    I just saw the sneak peek from 604 and I must say, Katherine isn't returning to her bit""tchy self like we hoped, they have turned her into a lunatic.

That's fun... also.

evafan2005

[26]Oct 14, 2009
    • level: 18
    I think Katherine having any kind of personality is better than her being the stale, bland good girl that she was during season 5....she needs a spark, whether it's crazy or snarky witch she needs spark..so kudos to them for giving it back to her!

He-bat

[27]Oct 14, 2009
    yeah, I guess you're right

He-bat

[28]Nov 2, 2009

I wasn't too happy about Katherine in 606. I was expecting a bigger fight between her and Susan. I liked that she was going to seduce Mike, but I don't like how the writers are writing her like she's a bit stupid. I love that she's having a breakdown, but she shouldn't have lover I.Q. She's portarayed silly. I wanted to see her really intimidate Susan. I loved her in season 4 when she was cunning, clever and cold. I can't wait to see what happens when she realizes she not getting Mike back. I'm hoping she'll tear Susan apart. They should make her more villainous. I liked her so much in 601 when she crashed the wedding and was being a total pain to Susan. I miss Katherine's sarcastic sense of humor.

He-bat

[29]Nov 11, 2009
    What do you think the writers are going to do with Katherine after she recovers from her breakdown? go back to being the boring character she was in season 5?? When she recovers, I hope she'll keep some of her edge and will stay snarky What do you think RenatoB?

RenatoB

[30]Nov 11, 2009
    He-bat wrote:
    What do you think the writers are going to do with Katherine after she recovers from her breakdown? go back to being the boring character she was in season 5?? When she recovers, I hope she'll keep some of her edge and will stay snarky What do you think RenatoB?

Is Katherine a redhead or a brunette? Funny how I can't seem to tell it apart... I must be color-blind! Seriously though, someone said something about Orson getting back at Bree by becoming romantically or just sexually involved with Katherine, and said that she too was a redhead (which we all know is Orson's favorite type of gal). This, of course, in case Orson survives the plane crashing down on the lane. That would be interesting to watch, I think. The Susan/Mike/Katherine love triangle was somewhat disappointing in season five as it didn't deliver much, but this year it has gotten way more interesting, and I do mean "way more interesting", and if they could pull the same stunt off with Bree/Orson/Katherine, then maybe I'd be pleased. Don't know for sure though...

I would, however, hate it if Katherine becomes all good and boring supporting character after she's made her supposed recovery. I want more juice, and she's been amazing so far, she needs to stay on that level and not go back to her old season five self. And, like I said before, Katherine is very enjoyable because her personality has changed so much over the seasons, which manages to keep things fresh, so if they can come up with an entirely new persona for her for the remainder of the season, that'd be awesome. Can you picture Katherine being all careless and less than lady? Or chasing after guys like Edie? Dana Delany does love the hooker shoes...

He-bat

[31]Nov 16, 2009
    I just watched episode 8. Katherine was good in her first 2 scenes but the scene when she is crying over Mike (when she and Susan are picking up trash) was awful. She's become a joke. I was very happy when I heard Katherine was getting her edge back in season 6, and in the first episodes this season, she was amazing, really snarky and I loved her scenes with Susan. Katherine is great when she is bitter. BUT, the writers have made her look a bit stupid the past few episodes. I wanted snaky and manipulative Katherine, not whiney and pathetic Katherine. They have turned her into a silly joke. They made her dumb. Where is the clever and manipulative Katherine from season 4? She was so great when she first arrived, I loved her sarcasm and how she was cold and rude to the other women. Now she's just a silly bimbo, almost cartoonish

jasptv

[32]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 5
    RenatoB wrote:
    Is Katherine a redhead or a brunette? Funny how I can't seem to tell it apart... I must be color-blind! Seriously though, someone said something about Orson getting back at Bree by becoming romantically or just sexually involved with Katherine, and said that she too was a redhead (which we all know is Orson's favorite type of gal). This, of course, in case Orson survives the plane crashing down on the lane. That would be interesting to watch, I think. The Susan/Mike/Katherine love triangle was somewhat disappointing in season five as it didn't deliver much, but this year it has gotten way more interesting, and I do mean "way more interesting", and if they could pull the same stunt off with Bree/Orson/Katherine, then maybe I'd be pleased. Don't know for sure though...

I would, however, hate it if Katherine becomes all good and boring supporting character after she's made her supposed recovery. I want more juice, and she's been amazing so far, she needs to stay on that level and not go back to her old season five self. And, like I said before, Katherine is very enjoyable because her personality has changed so much over the seasons, which manages to keep things fresh, so if they can come up with an entirely new persona for her for the remainder of the season, that'd be awesome. Can you picture Katherine being all careless and less than lady? Or chasing after guys like Edie? Dana Delany does love the hooker shoes...

I think Katherine's considered an "auburn" (light to reddish brown)... I'd love to see the Bree/Orson/Katherine triangle as I think Katherine and Bree have more chemistry... and Orson and Katherine have been underused (shame 'cuz the actors are talented)... I'd like to see her be snarky again for the rest of her stay, or just replace her with Angie, but who knows Angie's fate???

BrittanyMoore

[33]Nov 30, 2009
    • level: 3
    I never really cared for Katherine either way, I tried, so hard, but I have to say that I like the old Katherine better than this new KAtherine we are seeing. She was cold and calculated. MAybe killing her ex made her soft. And I think this whole storyline with Mike and Susan and Katherine has gone on long enough. I mean what do all of these women see in him? First Susan then Edie and then Katherine then Susan again? Don't get me wrong I love Mike but it's now toeing the line. They have turned her into a babbling lunatic and now she is going with the theory that if she can't have him no one can. As seen in last night's episode. How many different times can you frame a man for murder? They are recycling to many ideas. I think she should realize she could do better than Mike and find someone else. It's time for a new bachelor on the lane anyways.Maybe if that happens she can go back to the Katherine we all love to hate. As much as I dislike Katherine I prefer the manipulative one to the boring one and the crazy one.By the way whatever happened to Adam. Last time I saw him was the episode where he almost dies.
    Edited on 11/30/2009 3:34am

He-bat

[34]Dec 9, 2009

Katherine was amazing in 610. Dana is a brilliant actress, finally they gave her something juicy. I still prefer the strong, cold and manipulative Katherine from season 4 but crazy Katherine is good too. I just worry now what will happen after she recovers from her mealtdown. I hope she won't become the boring weak character she was in season 5. She has to keep her edge, even though she recovers from her breakdown. what do you think?

tvtome_xena321

[35]Dec 21, 2009
    • level: 27
    I did like her in the last episode, and she was great. But I think that they should consider wrapping her up at the end of season 6, and having her leave the show, I dont think theres much more they can do with her, like Edie, they'll have to put her into another relationship with someone. I am liking Angie, but I fear she'll turn boring in season 7, if shes around like Katherine. No offence, but Edie was just someone whom apart from the original 4, never got boring as a housewife, there was always something about her, that made all her scenes interesting.

He-bat

[36]Jan 19, 2010

I just saw 613. Now that Katherine is recovering from her mental breakdown, do you think she will become the boring season-5-Katherine again? I hope not. Katherine can't lose her edge again. I wish the writers would rewatch season 4 and see what a wonderful character Katherine was back then, when she was sassy and cold. I miss her sarcastic sense of humor.

toxic_boy21

[37]Feb 9, 2010
    • level: 13
    Wellll considering what the not-so-secretive spoilers are saying about what's coming very soon, Katherine's coming back out in a big way ... and it's gonna make "family night" with my DH viewings a lot more uncomfortable..

He-bat

[38]Feb 17, 2010
    I hope she keeps her edge. I am all for gay-Katherine, just as long as she is snarky and sarcastic.

CJ42090

[39]Feb 21, 2010
    • level: 12
    As soon as Robin came out to Katherine my gut sank. Making an established character "turn gay (I put that in quotations because there's no such thing) is one of the most implausible and forced plot devices around, and it's a sign that the writers are running out of ideas.

RenatoB

[40]Feb 22, 2010
    CJ42090 wrote:
    As soon as Robin came out to Katherine my gut sank. Making an established character "turn gay (I put that in quotations because there's no such thing) is one of the most implausible and forced plot devices around, and it's a sign that the writers are running out of ideas.

I think this is a great idea and it has a lot of potential. Heck, maybe deep down we're all bisexual. Don't take it as "Katherine becomes gay interpret it as "Katherine falls for someone who just so happens to be a lady". You can't choose who you fall for, and given that Robin is an adorable woman who took such an interest in Katherine it's perfectly natural for her to feel the same way. Doesn't have to be all about defining a sexual orientation. Or maybe I'm just being ignorant, I don't know.