Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

Is Katherine getting her edge back in season 6?

CJ42090

[41]Feb 24, 2010
    • level: 12
    No, I think you have a point. I guess I'll wait and see where this goes but if she becomes a full-blown lesbian I won't be happy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

GodivaKisses

[42]Feb 27, 2010
    • level: 2

After seeing scenes together I think putting Katherine and Robin together is a great idea. I actually like Robin a lot. And saying the storyline is implausible is not true. Now it of course doesn't happen everyday in the world but it happens. And we all know anything can happen on Wisteria Lane anyway. Haha! I for a fact know 2 women who became "late in life" lesbians or at least were in relationships with women. Like someone said above, I'm all for a gay Katherine as long as it's an edgy gay Katherine and she's not a sap, a snore or a psycho. Actually she wouldn't even be gay she'd be bisexual unless you want to completely negate all her previous marriages to men.

He-bat

[43]Mar 4, 2010
    • level: 7

Looks like Katherine might be leaving the show after season 6. She's might be starring in Body of Evidence, if the pilots get picked up by ABC. I think it's a good thing. Katherine's character has run its course I think. She's been involved in a mystery, been involved with one of the housewives ex-husbands, been involved with one of the housewives catering business, been admitted toa mental hospital, been involved in a lesbian love affair. I think it's time to wrap up her character.

RenatoB

[44]Mar 4, 2010
    • level: 43
    He-bat wrote:

Looks like Katherine might be leaving the show after season 6. She's might be starring in Body of Evidence, if the pilots get picked up by ABC. I think it's a good thing. Katherine's character has run its course I think. She's been involved in a mystery, been involved with one of the housewives ex-husbands, been involved with one of the housewives catering business, been admitted toa mental hospital, been involved in a lesbian love affair. I think it's time to wrap up her character.

Right now, I can't picture her leaving, and I think it'd be foolish of her to go. But if she does, the producers better come up with a new regular housewife, preferrably one that isn't a mystery star, like the vixenish woman everyone's talking about (who is said to be recurring). The show has never only featured the four starring women and the narrator, there have always been supporting women, and if both Katherine and Angie leave, there'll be the need for someone else to be the fifth lead. They should had never killed off Edie.

Mattsterzz

[45]Oct 20, 2011
    The only problem with Katherine i always found was that she never had a quirk. Like bree said in 4x12 that each housewife has their quirks, Bree is the domestic one, Gabby is the glamorous one, Lynette is smart, Susan is adorable and Edie is Edie (lol). After season 4, she never had a "quirk". (Btw, Im relatively new to the forums, so im looking through all the old ones.)

RenatoB

[46]Oct 20, 2011
    Mattsterzz wrote:
    The only problem with Katherine i always found was that she never had a quirk. Like bree said in 4x12 that each housewife has their quirks, Bree is the domestic one, Gabby is the glamorous one, Lynette is smart, Susan is adorable and Edie is Edie (lol). After season 4, she never had a "quirk". (Btw, Im relatively new to the forums, so im looking through all the old ones.)

LOL I noticed that. But the good thing about Katherine (though some people seem to not have liked that) was that every season she brought something new to the table. From snarky to vulnerable to crazy to gay, she always tried something new, which was refreshing. I guess the least interesting one was vulnerable in season 5 (which was, ironically enough, her longest span ), but looking back on that, it's actually not such a bad phase, and it's not like it came out of nowhere, considering she had already once told Adam (in 4x11) that she doesn't do well on her own.

NiallB31

[47]Oct 20, 2011
    • level: 8

Please bring her back.

Mattsterzz

[48]Oct 20, 2011
    I do think that they need to rap her storyline up.

tvtome_xena321

[49]Nov 3, 2011
    • level: 27
    I agree one episode or a visit to the woman is more than enough, probaly happen middle of season 8 around episode 13-17.

Edie70

[50]Nov 14, 2011
    • level: 19
    Today I realized that I actually miss her character.

DH-Weirdo

[51]Nov 14, 2011
    I miss Dana Delany.

RenatoB

[52]Nov 14, 2011
    Edie70 wrote:

LOL why today? What happened?

And I wonder if Edie were still alive, that she'd have been dragged into the cover-up thingy already...

Edie70

[53]Nov 14, 2011
    • level: 19
    RenatoB wrote:
    Edie70 wrote:

LOL why today? What happened?

And I wonder if Edie were still alive, that she'd have been dragged into the cover-up thingy already...
    I was watching an all new episode today LOL. And she just popped up in my mind. I think Edie would somehow find out, I am not sure.

rentlover1

[54]Nov 14, 2011
    • level: 8

Edie would have suspected something from the get go. She always got her hands dirty in the women's business whether they wanted her to or not. I miss that about Edie. But we all know Renee will eventually learn the truth. It would be interesting if Katherine's return had something to do with the mystery. I always felt if Ben was to have a connection to Mary Alice that perhaps not even Susan is aware of, perhaps Katherine has some answers. Shedefinitelyneeds to come back. Anyone else wonder if the decision to shoot less episodes of Body of Proof for Season 2 also had to do with ABC's awareness they would need Dana on Housewives for a few weeks worth of shooting? Can't wait for her return.

RenatoB

[55]Nov 14, 2011
    I always thought that Renee would had found out by now. Are they seriously not bringing her into the mix? What a waste. Even Ben got himself involved. And I'm thinking Tom will too, soon enough.