Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

Kathryn Joosten is deceased

RenatoB

[1]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 43

It is as though the angels wanted her to stay with us long enough to finish the last, iconic chapter of her life. Our beloved fan favorite supporting DH star Kathryn Joosten, Mrs. Karen McCluskey, passed away yesterday, June 1, 2012, following her battle with lung cancer.

You can read the story here.

Kathryn Joosten

Rest in peace, Kathryn Joosten. You're a woman to look up to, and an actor to admire for many years to come. May God bless your soul.

Edited on 06/02/2012 12:45pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Edie70

[2]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 19
    I am terribly sorry to hear that let her rest in peace. She was an amazing woman. Too bad I never got a chance to meet this wonderful lady. So talented.

It would be beautiful if she got nominated for an Emmy again this year and her sons would accept it for her. It would be an amazing way to end her career.

NiallB31

[3]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 8

So sad to hear this. She was really one of a kind. One damn good actress and her comedic timiny was amazing. I cant believe she is gone. I really thought she would have went on to do half hour comedy, she would have been perfect for it. Amd Dana Delany has been the only housewife to tweet about it: 'Very sad to hear of @KathyJoosten's death. She was a salt-of-the earth nurse who became a brilliant actor. Her comic timing was nonpareil.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/usshowbiz/article-2153840/Desperate-Housewives-star-Kathryn-Joosten-aged-72.html

Here is a short history of her career highlights in video:

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/news/a385099/kathryn-joosten-1939-2012-her-career-in-video.html

RenatoB

[4]Jun 2, 2012
    I saw Brenda's tweet about it too. The other ladies probably hadn't found out yet. Charlie Carver tweeted about it too.

Edie70

[5]Jun 2, 2012
    I also saw some tweets from Jeff Greenstein and Flicka Huffman. It's just ... so ... unexpected.

RenatoB

[6]Jun 2, 2012
    Exactly. Someone left a "R.I.P." comment on her page on the wiki. I was on my way to reprehend the 'moron' for commenting on her page that she died, and potentially scaring people, when they meant to tell McCluskey to rest in peace. But then I looked her up on the actual wikipedia and my jaw dropped. Really, really unexpected.

Edie70

[7]Jun 2, 2012

I've just came to facebook to see if Teri posted something and she just did, very sweet ...

Teri Hatcher:

"I'm so sad with the loss today of the brilliant Kathryn Joosten. She was my friend. And I will miss her. Kathy, her family and I were supposed to have dinner soon. I will miss that we didn't get to have that dinner. It's another example of never taking a day for granted. I spoke with her family this afternoon. It was good to share how incredible she was and to know that at least she is not in pain anymore. Kathy my dear, you will be missed so much. Thank you for being in my life. I am better for it. This picture was taken on mine and her last day on the set of DH."

NiallB31

[8]Jun 2, 2012

I really liked what Teri said. Im looking forward to see what the other ladies will say.

RenatoB

[9]Jun 2, 2012
    It's just sad that, if we're lucky enough to continue living happily and healthily, we're gonna have to keep hearing about the demises of the DH actors. First Dixie Carter, now Kathy... not to mention Lynn Redgrave and Ian Abercrombie. I have the sad feeling that Orson Bean won't take long.

Edie70

[10]Jun 2, 2012
    It's sad but death is a huge part of our lives and we must (sooner or later) accept it and move on.

RenatoB

[11]Jun 2, 2012
    Yep. I am blessed to say I have never, to this point, lost anyone who's affected me ever so terribly. Everyone that I hold dearest to my heart is fortunately alive and well, and hopefully so for a long time to come, including myself. It actually comes as a bit of a relief, and I realize this might sound slightly bad, that the most shocking deaths to me often come in the form of celebrities.

Edie70

[12]Jun 2, 2012
    Well, I lost a wonderful friend (he was about 55 at the time) to cancer in 2008. And a grandmother in 2010 (cancer again).

evafan2005

[13]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 18

I literally gasped when I read about it. So incredibly sad

Mattsterzz

[14]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 7
    OMG! I was so shocked! I didnt even know she had cancer! She worked right up till the end, she is a strong magnificant lady. RIP

evafan2005

[15]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 18

I truly believe her purpose in life was to get awareness out on Lung cancer. I mean seriously, how eerie is the timing of her death? It's as if she fulfilled her purpose here on earth and it was time for her to go home...in a way, it's kind of beautiful. Incredibly sad, but beautiful.

Mattsterzz

[16]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 7
    She really was a beautiful lady, with a heart of gold.

EjkoBejko1

[17]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 3

I'm incredibly sad and bit crying. Such an amazing woman, with such an iconic performances. May she rest in peace!

It's so true that we should follow our dreams And don't say I can't, or it's not the right time ;(

Zazawie

[18]Jun 3, 2012
    So sad, and unexpected. She didn't look too great in those final table read pictures, nor in the finale, but that it would happen so fast? I can't help but notice the timing, just 3 weeks after her biggest character died as well. It really feels like her final mission was to raise awareness about cancer and then she decided it was time...

P.S.: how long before some moron starts commenting on iMDB about how Marc killed Kathryn by wacking McCluskey? -_-

NiallB31

[19]Jun 3, 2012

The final episode airs this coming Tuesday here in Ireland so its going to be weird watching considering what happens to Karen. It will be two deaths I will be mourning once the episode ends.

txgirl75

[20]Jun 3, 2012
    • level: 23
    I didn't realize she had cancer in real life. I knew she had cancer last year lung cancer but I just thought she didn't have it anymore. That is werid how we watched her character pass away on Dh and now she passed away in real life. I was just shocked. RIP..