Desperate Housewives Forums

ABC (ended 2012)

Renee is such a disappointment

He-bat

[21]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 7

They can fix her character in season 8, have her cause some real troubles.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rentlover1

[22]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 8

I doubt they will put her with Carlos as some have speculated. Its too similar to Edie and would just become more of the same. He loves Gabby, Renee is just a distraction etc. I feel she hasintegrateda lot better then most of the add on housewives. Certainly she fits in better then Edie did even.

It was unrealistic how Edie would be against a housewife and then miraculously back in the fold then out then in all the time. It wasinconsistentand hard to swallow week to week. Honestly based on her track record blackmailing Bree was hardly the worst thing she did to the women and yet that was the straw that broke the camels back. I mean come on causing Gabby to loose all her money was a way bigger deal then just some simple blackmail scheme that could be easily fixed with Bree's honesty.

At least with Renee they are trying tointegrateher successfully before she stirs up to much trouble. It will make it more difficult for the women to take sides if she is one of them on that higher level rather than a casual friend like Edie was.

He-bat

[23]Apr 10, 2011

but she isn't causing any problems...

He-bat

[24]Apr 11, 2011

Vanessa is so underused it's irritating. When this show is over, Renee won't really be remembered for anything if this keeps keeps up. I hate looking back at the Season 7 promos featuring Vanessa Williams as the fierce new housewife when all we've seen was watered down drama between her and the girls. No one wants her to be friends with everyone. We want to see conflicts and scandalous drama, yet all we get is 'Frazier' leftover comedy. I've said it before, but DH needs a shake up.

rentlover1

[25]Apr 25, 2011

Another episode with very little Renee this week. She shows up and gives Lynette a reality check andthat'sit. I want some scandal for her. Episode 16 was a big turn around with her character development and some great comic lines but then she faded into the background once again as Lynette's personal shopper, Lynette confident and next week Lynette business partner. I agree, lets shake it up and have Renee really take on the Edie-esk role she was meant to play. Take Tom for yourself Renee and let the good times role

danny7277

[26]May 2, 2011
    • level: 11

I think the problem with Renee is that the show is trying to make the chracter likable and sympathtic, but the truth is we dont want to like her we just want her to cause as much trouble as possible!

rentlover1

[27]May 5, 2011

At this point I like Renee more then Lynette because of how childish Lynette is acting in response to Tom's new job.

Its just ridiculous how far she will go to chop off her husband's balls. She needs to listen to Renee's advise cause she's been there and she knows what acting like a brat can do in that kind of marriage. AKA; Husband cheats, husband gets sick of wife and dumps her and husband gets remarried to younger model. lol.

toridawson

[28]May 10, 2011
    perhaps soemthing will happen at the end of the season

Much like Gabrielle's molestation storyline(which i think that is who her stalker is), they brought the tom/Renee storyline out in the beginning of the season...i cant see them just dropping it

Lynette and Tom are having problems...Tom sleeps with Renee

there is your edie-esque storyline

Too me, it seems like they are trying to make Renee into another Gabrielle more then another Edie.

I mean seriously...Gabrielle and Renee are literally the same character

DH-Weirdo

[29]May 11, 2011
    I don't agree on that. Sometimes they act the same but their characters are portraited in very different ways.

Gabby is kinda.. charming, has a big family meanwhile Renee is a divorced b*tch (I love her, but she is).

rentlover1

[30]May 12, 2011

Also Edie and Gabby were gal pals and some of the best episodes I remember for Gabby and Edie were ones where they were put together. I love the scene where they went shopping together and Edie asked if she could hook up with John Roland. Very funny.

I think because that friendlyrelationshipwas so underused in the first five years they wanted to recreate it with Gabby and Renee so they could get that friendlyrival back for Gabby. Remember Edie and Gabby's talk about being the hottest chicks on Wisteria Lane? Well that was mirrored by Renee and Gabby's: We're both incredibly beautiful and only we understand what a burden it can be. LOL.

He-bat

[31]Jun 8, 2011

They need to give Renee a man, and not just for one hour like they did in the finale. I don't understand why they can't think of anything interesting for Renee to do??? Why did they hire Vanessa Williams??

RenatoB

[32]Jun 8, 2011
    • level: 43
    He-bat wrote:

They need to give Renee a man, and not just for one hour like they did in the finale. I don't understand why they can't think of anything interesting for Renee to do??? Why did they hire Vanessa Williams??

Mostly because she's Vanessa Williams. And I'm not trying to be funny or anything, I think that was indeed the main reason.

He-bat

[33]Jun 15, 2011

They are only using Renee for comic relief, like they do with Lee and McCluskey, it's a shame. Also, Renee would work much better as an antagonist rather than a friend of the women...

RenatoB

[34]Jun 15, 2011
    He-bat wrote:

They are only using Renee for comic relief, like they do with Lee and McCluskey, it's a shame. Also, Renee would work much better as an antagonist rather than a friend of the women...

Agreed. Comic relief is welcome, but no by the barrelful. Renee oughta be bad!

mobbs456

[35]Jul 7, 2011
    • level: 16

What the heck are we all complaining about?

I adore Vanessa Williams on the show! She is funny and sassy but she also has a sensitive side, something we're not used to seeing from Vanessa (unless I missed something major on UB)

Vanessa is no way a Edie replacement. To be frank Edie got on my nerves a bit. Her on/off relationship with the other woman was great sometimes (Bree and Edie at war) but bothersome other times (the whole gabby-Edie-Carlos thing got boring and annoying)

Renee is great - she is a bit of an outsider but nevertheless is there to lend a helping hand and be friends with the others.

Best moment? Her punch up with Gabrielle in the lounge bar but also her fear of midgets.

I hope to see more of Vanessa in season eight! Laughing

DH-Weirdo

[36]Jul 20, 2011
    I agree. Although I want her to be more badass in season 8.

Fallon97

[37]Apr 19, 2012
    • level: 5

Well, Renee is a breath of fresh air to the show and my absolute all-time favorite character. She's funny, witty, sassy........yet symapethic and caring. I love that about her! I love Renee!

Mattsterzz

[38]Apr 20, 2012
    I love Renee, she has added what Edie gave to the show, whilst not being Edie. I just wish we saw more of her, but she will be getting a big story in the Finale.

Edie70

[39]Apr 20, 2012
    • level: 19
    Edie was just more interesting as a character, sure she did the same as Renee - use those killer one liners, but other than that we just knew more about her marriages, her inability to take care of her son, her fear of growing old, hating being the 40-years old party girl, her insecurities, her take on men, her childhood, growing without a father because he left them, her fear of loneliness. She was just the most colorful of all those housewives and I think Nicollette totally owned that character and I will always despise Cherry for killing her off because she "jus slept with every man on the block", that son of a bitch was unable to see the depth and that is why his career is gonna tank after DH ends.

RenatoB

[40]Apr 20, 2012
    But the thing about Edie Britt is that she had five seasons to blossom in, Renee was only given two, and we've got a nice share of backstory on her as well, maybe more than we got on Edie in her first two seasons? Vanessa surely has a better ratio of appearances. We know about her having been a college roommate of Lynette's, having slept with Tom, having married a Yankee who cheated on her, and having lost her mother and become her father's 'worst nightmare'. That alone isn't so bad.

I was sorely disappointed with Renee Perry last season because all the conniving we were promised never actually happened. She was too good. Nowhere near the vixenish charms of Edie Britt, the scheming slut. To me, Beth Young was the best new character in season 7. However, I have loved what they've done with Renee this season, the character has become more interesting and relevant, has been given her own stories, and I like how she bonds with every woman on the lane, and I especially like her friendship with Lynette and her newfound friendship with Bree. I wish she and Susan got along more, we got some nice scenes out of them in season 7 (7.09, 7.10, 7.14, 7.15...)... what happened to them?